Check-In Thread #89 - The Thread of the Snake

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #89 - The Thread of the Snake

Post by Cayla »

Good afternoon!

So far, I have accomplished the grocery shopping and some gardening. I'm going to take a nap in a bit, as I was up most of the night with a headache, and it was too hot to sleep. I put the A/C on today. My mom will be here this evening to spend the weekend with me.

My mom has a cousin, who disappeared about 30 years ago. All she new was that he went out west. His father, was my grandmother's eldest brother, who was a mean drunk. His brothers were both drug addicts, who died during the 1980's. Both were found dead in their cars in separate instances. After his mother died, he and his wife just left. I did some research, and found a guy about the same age living in AZ. My mom has another cousin living in AZ, so she had her send him a letter. He called the cousin yesterday, and today they are meeting for lunch! He said he did not have any photos from his childhood, or of his parents, so I emailed copies to the cousin who is meeting him. This is pretty exciting for our family!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Arrgh. Tomorrow I must go into HQ for a couple of hours, I can't just log in remotely. :no:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:48 am
Today a bunch of friends are having a potluck lunch and I may attend if I can figure out what to bring. :unsure:
Pot?
Lupine wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 pm
The SUV is getting new shocks today.
Is it watching CNN? :unsure:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:57 pm
My mom has a cousin, who disappeared about 30 years ago. All she new was that he went out west. His father, was my grandmother's eldest brother, who was a mean drunk. His brothers were both drug addicts, who died during the 1980's. Both were found dead in their cars in separate instances. After his mother died, he and his wife just left. I did some research, and found a guy about the same age living in AZ. My mom has another cousin living in AZ, so she had her send him a letter. He called the cousin yesterday, and today they are meeting for lunch! He said he did not have any photos from his childhood, or of his parents, so I emailed copies to the cousin who is meeting him. This is pretty exciting for our family!
Nice! He's probably psyched to find out that he has some nice relatives out there. :yes:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 pm
Lupine wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 pm
The SUV is getting new shocks today.
Is it watching CNN? :unsure:
No, but we got new shocks in the form of finding the the front axle was cracked as well. :no:

Then there is the bill...
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like a very expensive fix. :no:

No 'pot' at the potluck, RJ, but the frozen chocolate-peanut butter ice cream pie I brought was a HUGE hit :D

Cayla, you certainly have an interesting family history! How cool about meeting this long lost cousin. :yes:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Hello :hello:

We've had some pretty bad thunder storms the past couple of days, so I stayed home. Puttered around the apartment.

Plus a night of little to no sleep has me dragging. Hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.....oh, we are on page 21.....will go start us up a new threrad....