Check-In Thread #89 - The Thread of the Snake

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #89 - The Thread of the Snake

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. ithought the squirrels were birds at first - which is why i looked up/.....and saw them! 2 more days of vacation - well 2.5, as my next 'work' is monday evening.... and these days are empty til coffee with L monday - unless.....
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

looks like we are off out again today............................ :)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ You're having a good vacation. :yes:

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

No breakfast at Mom's today, since I'll be there for dinner tonight. We're going to the theater to see a Four Seasons tribute band. I'll be back before I leave, though.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Would this be Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons? The Jersey Boys?

Happy Saturday, all :hello:

We took a couple of nice long walks yesterday, one along the beach after dinner. It's quite warm but not too warm.

It's supposed to rain this afternoon so we'll try to get a bike-ride in this morning. Hope y'all have a great day :yes:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I have a funeral to work at the church this morning. This evening, Ron and I are going downtown to have dinner at Wahlburger's on the patio. I'm hoping I can talk Ron into going down by the lake to hunt for beach glass, too.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good morning. :hello:

Nothing special planned today. Pay a couple of bills and maybe grocery shop.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Busy week for me as I'm finding my groove with my new team at work while also acting as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the people who inherited my old code base. The orthodontist upgraded the wires for my braces and also ground the front crown about 1mm. It's amazing to see how that tooth is gradually being extracted. My next appointment is July 2, at which time he will reposition the bracket on the crown and grind it down some more. Based on the rate of movement, the remaining bit of the crown & tooth should be completely extricated by October.

Also, since there isn't enough cool air at night along with my lack of ceiling fans in my house for good air movement, I've broken down and turned on the A/C.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:32 am
I'm hoping I can talk Ron into going down by the lake to hunt for beach glass, too.
I didn't realize the great lakes had beach glass. For some reason I thought that was just an ocean thing.
Gary wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:51 pm
I've broken down and turned on the A/C.
I'm amazed you held out this long. The older I get, the less I'm willing and able to tolerate temperature extremes.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Same here- though I've never liked the heat.

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Will probably do some shopping later in the day.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:39 am
^^ Would this be Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons? The Jersey Boys?
This one is called The Jersey Seasons, but probably much the same thing.
Cayla wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:32 am
I'm hoping I can talk Ron into going down by the lake to hunt for beach glass, too.
That's interesting. What do you do with the beach glass if you find some?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

another nice day in Chichester - with l this time. she called just as i was about to make coffee and plan the day ahead....wanting to see a floral display at the cathedral - which we ended up not seeing - but we found a backpack for me, had coffees, hiked further along the canal than i got yesterday, lunched, wandered round some gardens, had coffees in the park watching cricket....nice! i quickly popped to the plot too - and found a stall selling vegan cheesemaking ktit so....... :)
yes RJ a lovely holiday - plenty of trips and good company! one more day to go....
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Beach glass...I find it, and send it to my friend in Ft Myers. She makes and sells jewelry with it. My 11-year-old niece, Addie, collects it, so sometimes I give her a few pieces.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

I look for glass, too, but it's just broken glass out in the pasture from the early to mid 1900's. I have found some pretty pieces. :yes:

Okay, I see that I disappeared from this place around May 4th. Well, that is because I disappeared from the net, the cable and the phone on May 5th, or 6th? Anyway, we had everything that morning, but when we came home that afternoon, nothing. Luckily I have a cell phone, so I called the provider and asked why. They didn't know. Okay.
So I told the lady that it is possible that the downstairs neighbors either stopped their service or started, I didn't care what happened, but perhaps she could check because every time this is done, the idiot service guys shut us off, too.
She informed me that she couldn't tell me about anyone else's service.
I tell her, I don't want to know anything about their service. I just wanted to know if someone was sent here.
She again tells me that she can't tell me anything.
~argh!~ Okay... I ask if she could pass me to someone who could help.
Nope.
Seriously? So I end that call. I've never had this happen before and we have been disconnected 5 other times because of a neighbor moving in or out, shutting off service or losing service, but the reps have always talked to me and helped.

This happens with every representative that I speak to, for days! :mad: Finally, I break down and contact my nephew, who works for the same provider in a different area (city), but his daughter tells me he is gone on vacation. He would be home in a week, so I waited. I tried calling the provider a few more times, but seriously, my blood pressure couldn't take anymore.
So, nephew finally home, he tries to contact supervisor for my area, but he is on vacation! But, nephew finds out who is covering, calls him, and the next day, we have everything. Yay? By everything, I mean it's there if you don't mind everything cutting out every few minutes, or seconds. TV shows are great that way:

"e! ar! d!"
"gu! w! tu!"
"oo! gar! sa! z!"

Fascinating. And a chance to improve my gibberish translating skills. :thumbsup: :lol:
So, another call to my nephew and another service appointment (quickest one you'll ever get). Nothing changed. The guy comes in, checks our line (on the pole) and equipment in the house, declaring the router "toast". I note that it was working just fine before we got shut off, but he swears it's gone and he had one in the van. I tell him I will think about it and off he goes.
So, another call to nephew. He tells me the guy covering is a regular cable guy and not the best, then says that the area supervisor will be back the next week-ish, so we wait.
Finally, the supervisor is here and he checks the cable. Turns out, it wasn't properly connected. Well, the day the supervisor stops by, is the day of our next appointment with the cable guy. The supervisor came here much earlier because he suspected something. Turns out, he was right. See, after he worked on our cable connection, everything worked. Funny that. So he had us shut everything off, while he set the connection as it was, and waited (hidden).
About 20 minutes later, the cable guy shows up. He checks the connection, comes to the apartment and tells me there is nothing more he can do. As he is saying that, the supervisor is coming up the walk. Of course, the cable guy tells him how the cable is all perfect, but we need a router, and the supervisor just nods along. They both come inside, turn everything on to check, then the supervisor tells him to wait with us, as he was going to get a router to test. While he is gone, the cable guy is explaining how routers work (which makes my son roll his eyes) and how we will be much happier with one of their routers, etc... and suddenly, everything is on and working.
The look on the cable guy's face was hilarious! He tried to explain it away: "This can happen, but it won't stay" etc... And that is when the supervisor came in. With him there, the cable guy started to tell him how it could happen, etc... They stepped outside and went to the pole. Lots of pointing, arm waving, and arm crossing later, and the cable guy left. The supervisor came back and told me that the guy won't be fired :wtf: but he will be on probation. Then the supervisor gave me his cell number for the next time we get shut off. :lol: Oh, and we get the entire month of May free. You know, all that usage we used is free. I mean, Wow! :rolleyes:

Now, that was a few days ago, but since it has been really hot, and I've been really tired when I get home, I wasn't up to posting until today. :) In one of the few moments that I was able to get here, I did get to see the blue version, which was different! I thought I clicked the wrong bookmark, even though it didn't match any other board, either. :conf:

Anyway, I'm, back, anyone miss me? :tomato: :D
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^oh, man, what an ordeal. Glad you're back though! :hello:
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »