Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

Post by Madeliaette »

um yes, whattta title - maybe i should have gone with the YES! thread or soapy water thread, lol...
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

Post by Lupine »

^Whatever works!
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Howdy.

Yes, Cayla, I forgot to come back the other day. Hazards of ageing. :conf:

So, yes, my coffee pot broke. Egad! That was a not so nice morning. But, as RJ said, I had enough left on my Walmart credit to pick up another small one. Phew!

I think I mentioned a while ago that they are doing some maintenance on the buildings here. Yesterday, I was sitting here reading when suddenly there were footsteps above my head. I live on the top floor..... Some guy was up on the roof, cleaning out the gutters. And power washing the roof. :wtf: Why don't they power wash the sidewalks instead? At least that would be noticable.

That's about it. I'll try to get back again before RJ gets around to nagging me. :lol:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Ahh, a fresh thread. It's what the doctor ordered. :doctor: :nurse:

Good to see you, jgc. I'm glad you have coffee-capability. Do you also have chocolate-capability?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good midnight, everyone. :hello:

I am back from the play, which was Oliver this year, and I'm ready for bed. It was nice to see that the theater finally got their disabled-access escalator that I've been dropping twenties in the fishbowl for the last couple of years. :yes:

Oh, and it was another swing and a miss for my inspection. The guy could tell that the exhaust needs some work, so he didn't even want to start because he knew I'd get a rejection. I'll try to get an appointment to have it looked at this week. I'll just keep going back..... :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 am
Have fun at the theater, RJ.
Thanks, I did have fun. The movie version of Oliver gave me nightmares as a kid, so I'm wondering if they'll come back to me tonight. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:25 pm
I just had my physical and I'm a little afraid of getting the results of my cholesterol test back :scared:
They put me on Atorvastatin after my last visit.
Here's a prediction: Within 20 years, not only will our cars be self-driving, they'll be sentient beings with their own cool personalities that we'll grow attached to.
With my luck, my car will have my Mother's personality and I'll be living in a bad sitcom.
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:34 pm
nope - cant use the shower til tuesday - but i feel all clean again as i showered round my best friends! nice soapy water...mmmmmmmm much better than a tub on the floor.
"The shower won't be installed until Tuesday." The plumber must be a Trekkie. :lol:
jgc wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 pm
Yesterday, I was sitting here reading when suddenly there were footsteps above my head. I live on the top floor.....
That sounds like a line from a Horror movie. :unsure:
That's about it. I'll try to get back again before RJ gets around to nagging me. :lol:
Yep, I was going to nag you tomorrow. :D Er... later today, I guess....
scottydog wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 pm
It's what the doctor ordered. :doctor: :nurse:
That's what we need around here: A doctor Smiley. :D

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. the shower is in situ - just not connected yet...they put the water to it yesterday - and have to fix something about that on monday, then the electrician has to do something in the loft as its a digital shower - so i figure it'd only have cold water or not have temp control til he has been - plus they have to put up a glass screen so it doesnt flood the room/soak the basin... but it looks like the job will be finished mon, tues, or weds...and it is looking lovely in there now...beuautifl walls, floor, basin, etc...
yesterdy i met M's dughter who's getting wed today (bad weather forecast poor thing|) and took the lists and keys ready to dog sit from 3-8pm today and 7-9am tomorrow. i then popped round L's place for a shower...and coffee, lol. i was cleaning me and my hair in one room while she was cleaning her spare room a wall away. we are maybe doing something tomorrow...but today i aim to pop to my plot with compost scraps/coffee grounds for the compost and select the crops for the next 4-7 days, check my shed for wind/rain damage, check if there is any horse or chook muck, and possibly pop to rustingotn.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Back to Mom's for breakfast..... :yawn:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:06 am
the shower is in situ - just not connected yet...they put the water to it yesterday - and have to fix something about that on monday, then the electrician has to do something in the loft as its a digital shower -
Ooh, a futuristic shower. :lol:
...and it is looking lovely in there now...beuautifl walls, floor, basin, etc...
That's great. :yes:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

We did a production of Oliver in school, when I was in either the 4th or 5th grade.

I'm not sure what I am doing today. I need to finish cleaning, but that will only take me an hour or two. I should probably wrap some gifts. There is talk of going to see The Crimes of Grinderwald, this evening.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Saturday, all :hello:

I've decided to throw a party tomorrow night for a friend, in her 40s, who just got her doctoral degree in neuroscience. So now I have to do a bunch of cleaning and shopping to get read for the shindig.
Madeliaette wrote:
.. it looks like the job will be finished mon, tues, or weds...and it is looking lovely in there now...beuautifl walls, floor, basin, etc...
The dump-to-palace transformation is nearly complete! How cool. I enjoyed looking at your blog pics :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 am
I am back from the play, which was Oliver this year
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully the nightmares will stay away -- I'll keep an eye on our dream thread.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 am
...it was another swing and a miss for my inspection. The guy could tell that the exhaust needs some work, so he didn't even want to start because he knew I'd get a rejection.
I'm sorry to hear this. You seem to have the worst luck with cars :no:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:50 pm
I should probably wrap some gifts.
Ughh. I need to do this, too! :unsure:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

As I stated in the weather thread, I fell asleep very early last night before waking just after midnight. Surfed the news for a while before returning to bed and sleeping from sometime after 2:30am until 7am. Since it's so cold outside, I guess I'll do some more house hunting (some deals keep getting snapped up before I can do anything) and wash laundry. I might put some effort into some training.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

The plans today is to fix the roof on the shed. Part of the roofing blew off during one of the storms, but between days when it's too windy or too rainy to work on it nothing got done. The weather's looking good today so I'll be able to get some work done.
Madeliaette wrote:
GM. the shower is in situ - just not connected yet...they put the water to it yesterday - and have to fix something about that on monday, then the electrician has to do something in the loft as its a digital shower
Electricity and shower are two words I'm not sure really should go together...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

I can barely keep my eyes open. :sleep:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:50 pm
We did a production of Oliver in school, when I was in either the 4th or 5th grade.
What part did you play?
scottydog wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:51 pm
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully the nightmares will stay away -- I'll keep an eye on our dream thread.
I don't think I was asleep long enough to dream. :lol:
I'm sorry to hear this. You seem to have the worst luck with cars :no:
My last car was practically trouble free for years until it started to fall apart. This inspection thing is no big deal and kind of amusing. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:52 pm
I'm pretty sure the electric shower was invented by Ben Franklin. Either that or it was a band in the 70s.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I've been cleaning and shopping like crazy to get ready for tomorrow's party for my friend :vacuum:
Lupine wrote:
The plans today is to fix the roof on the shed. Part of the roofing blew off during one of the storms
Yikes. How many mph were those winds?
Gary wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:03 pm
Since it's so cold outside, I guess I'll do some more house hunting....
It's freezing here, too. They're now calling for 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:15 pm
I can barely keep my eyes open. :sleep:
I hope you took a nap. They can be delicious :sleep:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 pm
Lupine wrote:
The plans today is to fix the roof on the shed. Part of the roofing blew off during one of the storms
Yikes. How many mph were those winds?
Not much. High 40s at most. The roofing is probably just getting old.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
well i cant have a gas shower as we dont have gas in our house...the electrician is needed to do something to the shower to connect it to the electrically run hot water supply....so i can use the temp vcontrol button as well as the on/off dial.
am sleepy - didnt eat til nearly 10pm last night, as i sat with the dogs reading at theirs til 8.45.
i go back to feed them/sit for an hour this morning, then come home and find out what L has planned for the day - the last time she spoke i was included - so i will wait and see.
bit windy here....