The Place to Check In

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Re: The Place to Check In

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I'm taking a vacation day today. I was going to go to the camper last night, but I realized I forgot to renew my registration for my car and only have a couple more days to do it. Plus, I want to get a few things done around the house that I wasn't able to do on Wednesday, due to being sick. If I get moving, I should be ready to leave by noon.

Next weekend is the campground's Halloween. Seeing how I am going to have 6 kids and 9 adults out for that day, I need to do some yard work this weekend. Every year I do a haunted grave yard theme. I'll have to dig every thing out of storage later this week.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

It seems our recent rash of local fires may not be isolated incidents. A 16-year-old boy was detained after being spotted leaving the scene of Tuesday's fire, and those conducting the investigation believe he may have set as many as a dozen fires in the last few weeks, including the Oak Glen and Pendleton fires at the beginning of September which involved loss of property and evacuations.

http://bit.ly/8mjeD
Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I hope they throw the book at the little rat.

So far it seems to be a quiet day here.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

OK. Went to the doctor. She said that it's no longer just a virus. Cayla was right - it has become a sinus infection. Or the very beginnings of one. So, Zithromax it is. And no more Sudafed...not with high blood pressure. That last dr I saw (in lieu of my regular person) said to take Sudafed. Turns out that other dr is leaving the practice next month....Oh yeah - once again, I'm slightly dehydrated. *sigh*

Other than that, it's been a nice day around here. Perfect fall day.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Well, I'm glad you're getting the right med now.

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

At last Friday Night is here. What a week. :crazy:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Tell me about it. I just got home... :mellow:

Went to the Goodwill after my course to get my retro outfit for the Homecoming dance tomorrow night. Seniors get to dress retro-y. B) It's gonna be one of the most shockingly ugly things I ever wore...but that's the reason I bought it. :D Gotta remember to take pics.

Have a nice night everyone. I'm gonna eat, play a new Wii game with my brother, and hit the hay. Glad you've got a recovery plan going jgc!

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Thanks fellas. :)

Next week is going to feel very long to me. I worked all of one day plus two hours this week. Working a full week next week is gonna be hard.

I'm supposed to take it easy this weekend. But if I'm feeling up to it, I'm mowing the lawn tomorrow.
Imagine by John Lennon

Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

Checking in, while I kinder watch some footy finals. Another code.

But listening to Eskimo Joe instead.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I've always wondered if Eskimo Joe knows Quinn the Eskimo. :D

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Today I must blow up The Scream and take him to my Mother's new house. He was deflated and sent to stay with me during the move.
jgc wrote:Next week is going to feel very long to me. I worked all of one day plus two hours this week. Working a full week next week is gonna be hard.
I agreed to work a ten-hour shift on Monday. I regret it already. If you don't see me Monday night, you'll know I didn't make it. :sob:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

^ Not sure about that with Eskimo Joe.

About to watch the Broncos - Storm match, as the winner of this will play the Eels Sunday week.

Just found something on facebook, which got me worried a little.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

RJDiogenes wrote: I agreed to work a ten-hour shift on Monday. I regret it already. If you don't see me Monday night, you'll know I didn't make it. :sob:
As long as you get time and a half for over 8 hours. Unless of course you are salaried. Then you do what ever they expect of you.

Man, am I ever :yawn: . I wish I could have stayed :sleep: . Maybe I'll nap twice today! :yes: Oh, wait. I at least have to get to the grocery store.

I had to turn the heat up a little this morning. It was 56 in the house. I was shivering....
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning, everyone!

It's dark and dreary today. I have the lights on. Once I wake up, I will go find those apples which I was planning to go find last weekend.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Hopefully this nice weather holds...I don't want to get rained on at the game. I'll have a busy day today...and a late night. Hope everyone's Saturday is enjoyable. :hello:
:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Looks like the gang is up and moving around.

It just dawned on me that, being Saturday, I should be doing some laundry.... :mellow:
Imagine by John Lennon

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

jgc wrote:OK. Went to the doctor. She said that it's no longer just a virus. Cayla was right - it has become a sinus infection. Or the very beginnings of one. So, Zithromax it is. And no more Sudafed...not with high blood pressure. That last dr I saw (in lieu of my regular person) said to take Sudafed. Turns out that other dr is leaving the practice next month....Oh yeah - once again, I'm slightly dehydrated. *sigh*
Glad you know what it is now. And try to stay hydrated.
Joel wrote:Just found something on facebook, which got me worried a little.
Anything the rest of us should be concerned about? :unsure:
jgc wrote:Man, am I ever :yawn: . I wish I could have stayed :sleep: . Maybe I'll nap twice today! :yes: Oh, wait. I at least have to get to the grocery store.
That sounds a bit like the day I have planned.

I had been kicking around the idea about going to a Viking faire a friend had told me about. But I think it's a little too far away to try for.