Check-In thread - There Can Be Only One!

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Check-In thread - There Can Be Only One!

Post by australis »

Covered in glue while digital scrapbooking :veryhappy:

Hi all,

just a quick check in.

It's spring but the weather's weird. Hot a few days ago (low 30s Celsius), really cold yesterday, really warm today.

Nothing new to add, except monitoring US election civerage with sme interest.

Well, reading TBBS threads (mainly for the right-wing meltdown) and watching the Daily Show. :)
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

^ I'm try and avoid those threads ... plus too busy with RL stuff. Should look for some more properties, before I move to Newcastle sometime soon. Currently eating some jelly beans.
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Elim wrote:Hey folks ... doing some packing, while watching some videos on line. Kinder sad today with the news I saw on trekbbs. :(
What news was that?

About Dr Who? I'm still processing it.
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, ReNexters. :hello:
Sean wrote:If the side effects are worse than the condition in the first place, it makes no sense.
That's certainly true. Have you ever talked to anyone about getting a second opinion?
australis wrote:About Dr Who? I'm still processing it.
Indeed. That was a surprise. We have a Thread about it in the TV section.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Morning folks. Checking in for a Thursday.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Cayla wrote:^
Sometimes people develope a reaction after several years of being on certain medications. Kind of like someone developing an allergy later in life.

My dermatologist once had me on a topical lotion that caused pulmonary tumors in lab rats.
I'd been on my thyroid med for a couple of years before the heart palpitations started.

At least I hope it was a side-effect...
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

RJDiogenes wrote:Good morning, ReNexters. :hello:
Sean wrote:If the side effects are worse than the condition in the first place, it makes no sense.
That's certainly true. Have you ever talked to anyone about getting a second opinion?
Well, now that I've gotten rid of the doctor, and the side effects from the meds have long worn off, and they are doing their job, I'm not too concerned about it. I am looking though. I'm in a bit of a tough spot though. I want to look into cogitative therapy, instead of medication, but the best doctors who offer cognitive therapy to children limit the age to under 16, and those who work on adults don't work with anyone younger than 18. So, for now, I'm pretty much screwed, unless I can get a referral to a doctor willing to take my case. I wouldn't want to do anything during the school year anyways, just in case there are any nasty effects of stopping medication, and switching to other forms of treatment.

Anyway, good evening everyone! I have to memorize 4 songs for rehearsal tomorrow, and do about 2 hours of homework tonight...great...I am about to feast on a calzone from the new pizza place in town though...

Have a great evening!

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

I am ticked off!!! I just bought nine skeins of yarn that have both ends of the yarn coming out of the middle! Now I have to take the time to roll all the skeins into balls. I guess I should get busy...
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good evening, everyone!

I have Halloween off from work. I must get busy cleaning out the pumpkins to carve. Tomorrow, Jen216 is coming over for lunch, and then we are going to the farm to buy more pumpkins. I'll have more to clean and carve before we go to my mother-in-law's for out annual Halloween dinner. After the trick-or-treaters are gone, my best friend and her husband are coming over to watch Ghost hunter's Live. We plan to stay up all night.

Saturday, my mom will be home. That evening we are going to a Halloween party. On Sunday, we are getting the yard ready for winter. Sunday evening we are going on a ghost tour of an old estate in Richfield.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ That sounds like fun. When Jen216 comes over, you should get her to re-register and Post. :angel:

Good evening, everyone. :hello:
Sean wrote:I want to look into cogitative therapy, instead of medication, but the best doctors who offer cognitive therapy to children limit the age to under 16, and those who work on adults don't work with anyone younger than 18.
Great. So one of the most vulnerable demographics is ignored. That figures. :rolleyes:
jgc wrote:I am ticked off!!! I just bought nine skeins of yarn that have both ends of the yarn coming out of the middle! Now I have to take the time to roll all the skeins into balls. I guess I should get busy...
That's too bad. If it's too much trouble to take them back, you should at least complain-- maybe you'll get some free yarn. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ Cayla, I plan to watch that too. They've been doing a bunch of cases in Buffalo recently. Who knew we had so many haunted locations...I also have a Halloween party to go to that night. Good thing it's on for 6 hours...
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
Yeah, I saw those places. I didn't know Buffalo was so haunted, either.

I just remembered how much I hate to gut pumpkins.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

I feel good after having a 20 minute swim. The water was a little cool in the pool, but was the first of many swim over the next few months.

About to relax a little.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Tonight was Trick or Treat in our town. The first 10 years, I never got a kid at the door. So, this year, I didn't even prepare. I heard kids out on the street. :eek: Had to turn off the outside light (it's on a motion sensor).
Imagine by John Lennon

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ I'll be the one handing out candy to trick or treaters, before leaving for my party. I think...depends if other plans conspire. Still, I love pelting little squirts with candy.

Good night guys. I'm going to bed. Happy Halloween!

:witch: