Supernatural Season 14

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Supernatural Season 14

Post by RJDiogenes »

New episode tonight! :ghost:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Wow. A zombie episode along with a crossover with The Fly. Jack appears to be down and we'll have to wait until November 29th to see what's happened.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I loved Zombie Archie. :lol:

This was a silly, but very good, episode, and I think what surprised me most was that there were two entirely separate plots that never came together-- I kept expecting them to be connected somehow. The Fly Monster story was kind of odd and sad, especially when the procession of Fly Monsters came to collect the body of their dead friend. Apparently there are some monsters that are not generally evil and just kind of keep to themselves, which is an interesting concept.

I got a big kick out of the cute and innocent-looking small-town girl who is really a serial-killing Necromancer. I'm glad she survived to become Jack's stalker. That looks like it's going to be fun. I wonder if she will somehow be the one to save him from whatever disease he's got. :D

Also, it's interesting how the last two episodes have pointed out that nuBobby and nuCharlie are not oldBobby and oldCharlie.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:12 pm

Also, it's interesting how the last two episodes have pointed out that nuBobby and nuCharlie are not oldBobby and oldCharlie.
That's actually a good thing; otherwise, the characters would be assuaging the more simple-minded fans.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of people who think the characters have "returned."

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The boys are back in town! :ghost:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Amazing that Nick was able to awaken Lucifer from The Darkness. I know the group will be able to figure out how to restore Jack's power. It will be interesting to see how they do so.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

What surprised me with this episode was that Lucifer is coming back so soon and with so little buildup-- unless this some sort of red herring and that wasn't really Lucifer coming out of the tar pit. Is that what it looks like when you return from the Big Empty? We never actually saw Cass make the transition. And how is it that Nick was able to pray Lucifer back? Cass had to first be awakened by Jack's greater-than-ordinary powers and then argue with the Watchman, or whoever that was.

And Nick turned out to be just a violent serial killer because of all the time he spent with Lucifer. He had some bad feelings about murdering people and sent that girl away before he could kill her. I thought for sure that he was the killer of his family and that it was his psychotic nature that made him a good fit for Lucy, but it was just a cop possessed by a demon. Abraxas, was it?

But I suspect that something is up with Sergei. It doesn't seem likely that his alleged attempt to cure Jack was just a "failed experiment." But we'll see, I suppose. Maybe Rowena will figure out what was wrong with the spell and correct it. In the meantime, it was kind of cool to see Dean and Jack just hanging out, eating fast food, fishing, and hitting the highway-- with Jack behind the wheel. "It's kind of like I'm you." "No, you're not." :D

And with Cass, Jack, and Nick in the same episode we had no budget for extra Hunters, so the Bunker was deserted again. :D

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Ha! The being from The Empty was able to infiltrate heaven. Kind of interesting the Winchesters were able to find an Angel slayer who could devise a way to restore Jack after his death. I did get a kick out of Anubis protesting, "I'm just an accountant." Heaven is still in bad sorts, but there hasn't been much follow up on if/how more angels can be created to keep operations intact. Also, I find it odd that Naomi knows alt-Michael is on earth. One would think she'd be all up in Dean's face about allowing something from another universe into theirs. Oh well. Not a bad episode overall.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Ah, this sounds like a good one. I bet they'll be pulling Angels out of the Big Empty soon.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

So it looks like maybe Lucifer's not back at all-- at least not yet. Given the black goo that invaded Heaven, it seems like we were looking at the Guardian of the Big Empty leaving the Big Empty in the last episode. And he or she is batshit crazy. And now there is another secret deal looming over somebody's head. Cute how that was foreshadowed when Dean thought for a moment that Sam had made a deal with a Crossroads Demon or something.

A lot happened in this episode, that's for sure. Jack died, Lily Sunder returns, we meet Anubis (who directs people to Heaven or Hell, but doesn't choose where they go), Naomi returns, Dumah returns, the Guardian of the Big Empty returns (didn't I have a nickname for him?) and invades Heaven, Kelly returns, Cass sells his soul to nothingness, Jack is resurrected, and Lily dies. I loved how her one last good deed, even after she learned she was going to Hell, was enough to recalculate her abacus and get her into Heaven. I also got a kick out of Jack's idea of Heaven.

And all those other-dimensional Hunters are still MIA-- too many recurring characters in this one. :D

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I'm still confused why these guys plan to stuff alt-Michael in The Cage with regular Michael. It sure is taking a long time for Jack's power to return. What is it about Dean that makes Michael want him to be his host in the Supernatural universe? The Thanos-like snap at the end was quite the mid-season cliffhanger.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

This episode was pretty good, but it was definitely a setup episode. Michael destroyed the egg and the spear (Dark Kaia will be pissed) and revealed his plan to convert the entire population of Kansas City, Missouri. Very devious of him to throw everyone off by not going for Kansas City, Kansas. And then, just as it seemed like Dean would get the best of him, Michael repossessed him. And is about to snap his fingers and bring the hammer down.

Michael's reason for letting Dean go for a while was interesting. At first it seemed kind of lame, but then I thought that it might be foreshadowing. He complained that Dean wouldn't stop squirming, which seems like it should be trivial to an Archangel, but if Michael had to come up with a scheme to break Dean's spirit, then Dean must have represented a real threat to him. This is especially interesting given the previews for the next episode where it seems that Sam and Castiel enter Dean's brain (and I'm expecting at least a hard R rating). Maybe Michael will be defeated in the playground of Dean's mind.

Either that or they'll bring back Lucifer to defeat Michael, just like they used Michael to defeat Lucifer, and we'll spend the rest of the series alternating showdowns with Lucifer and Michael every season.

It was nice to see Garth again, especially when he went all Werewolf. I hope he sticks around for a while. And I got a kick out of Ketch's cameo when he mailed the egg. "Oh. Sorry, blokes." :D Still no budget for those other-dimensional Hunters, though....
Gary wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:30 pm
It sure is taking a long time for Jack's power to return.
Didn't they say that he was so drained that it might never return? It may just trickle back over years or centuries.
What is it about Dean that makes Michael want him to be his host in the Supernatural universe?
In one of the early seasons, they said that Dean is the perfect host for Michael. He won't burn out like other hosts will.
The Thanos-like snap at the end was quite the mid-season cliffhanger.
Ah, I didn't even make that connection. A little homage there. :lol: