Supernatural Season 14

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Re: Supernatural Season 14

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:20 pm

I heard about that this morning. Damn. :( I was hoping that Supernatural would be the Gunsmoke of genre TV. In a way it is, at least of American TV. It's unlikely that anything will beat it anytime soon.
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Well, that was an interesting episode. The main story was a standard "case" based on American folklore, which is fine-- I'm happy that they still do stories like that, because that's why I started watching the show all those years ago.

But the Jack story was interesting. He got to be a kid and make a typical kid mistake, trying to impress the other kids by showing off. But he learned his lesson, apparently, which kind of contradicts the theory that he has been possessed or corrupted by Michael. We'll see....

I'm glad they brought back those kids from the Papa Winchester episode. They kind of struck as potential next-generation Hunters. I wonder if they will play any part in the Final Season.

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:47 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:40 pm
Well, that was an interesting episode. The main story was a standard "case" based on American folklore, which is fine-- I'm happy that they still do stories like that, because that's why I started watching the show all those years ago.

But the Jack story was interesting. He got to be a kid and make a typical kid mistake, trying to impress the other kids by showing off. But he learned his lesson, apparently, which kind of contradicts the theory that he has been possessed or corrupted by Michael. We'll see....

I'm glad they brought back those kids from the Papa Winchester episode. They kind of struck as potential next-generation Hunters. I wonder if they will play any part in the Final Season.
But he lied to Castiel at the end of the episode when he refused to perform certain tasks based on ethics. Still, it's going to be interesting to see how the series ends. I hope the writers and cast devise a good sendoff arc.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Hopefully they'll leave it somewhat open-ended, with a possibility of a few more adventures down the road, even if there's some change to the status quo. Although I also wouldn't mind if they used my idea from a few years ago where one of them ends up in charge of Heaven and the other in charge of Hell.

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:29 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:11 pm
Hopefully they'll leave it somewhat open-ended, with a possibility of a few more adventures down the road, even if there's some change to the status quo. Although I also wouldn't mind if they used my idea from a few years ago where one of them ends up in charge of Heaven and the other in charge of Hell.
That's a common fan theory that's been floating around for a few years. Some new speculation is Jack either recovers all of the fallen angels from The Empty to keep heaven going (since he's supposed to be more powerful than even Lucifer), or else he creates a new batch of angels.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:41 pm

I wonder if that's a fan theory because somebody read one of my ancient posts. :lol:
Gary wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:29 pm
Some new speculation is Jack either recovers all of the fallen angels from The Empty to keep heaven going (since he's supposed to be more powerful than even Lucifer), or else he creates a new batch of angels.
We could combine both theories-- Jack turns the boys into Angels or Archangels. But I think the Big Empty has to be involved somehow. They didn't bring it into the story for nothing. I'm sure all those Angels will be released-- but not before the crisis in Heaven reaches Biblical proportions.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:49 pm

New episode tonight! :ghost:

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:06 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:49 pm
It's not Thursday. :wtf:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:12 pm

:lol:

New episode tomorrow! :ghost:

I blame my friend Hope at TerranBBS. She put up her new episode post and I obediently followed suit.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:00 pm

New episode tonight! For real! :ghost:

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Looks like Lucifer is stuck in The Empty, but I wonder if he's still awake and trying to escape. Nick is toast, and it appears Jack is being set up as the season's cliffhanger. Chuck still isn't listening, but I wonder if the finale season will involve Chuck (and maybe Amara) fixing the universe. That's a stretch, but what the heck.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Well, a lot happened in this episode, including snow-- funny how we got snow in both Walking Dead and Supernatural this week.

Cass and the Faith Healer Angel managed to track down Joshua's version of Jimmy Olson's signal watch by visiting Methuselah-- who, appropriately enough, runs an old curio shop. It didn't seem to work, though, unless it did. But I'm also wondering if the gang will end up using the same method that Nick used to contact Lucifer-- jazz up Donatello with some of Cass's Grace and send out an SOS. We'll see.

And Nick proved to be about as resourceful, and smarmy, as Lucifer ever was-- Lucy must have rubbed off on him-- and came this close to bringing the Big Guy back from the Big Empty. I was actually surprised that the attempt was unsuccessful, because I am fairly certain that we haven't seen the last of him. And Nick may be toast, but I have a feeling that Jack is going to butter him up next episode, because Mary wasn't mad at him-- just disappointed. And that is so much worse.

Assuming Mary is still alive, given that disturbing ending. She better be alive. She better be alive when the series ends, or I'll be very... disappointed. And mad.

And Jack healed Sam, who was about to die from getting hit on the head with a rock. That's great, but I couldn't really take Sam's near-death experience seriously given all the abuse he's taken over the last fourteen years. By this time in real life he'd be so brain damaged that he wouldn't be able to chew with his mouth closed.

So where are we? Lucifer is awake in the Big Empty and looking for a way out, the Keeper of the Big Empty has a secret deal with Cass, Nick is actively trying to resurrect Lucifer, Jack is without a soul and possibly corrupted by (or even possessed by) Michael, the lights in Heaven must be very close to going out thanks to a lack of Angels (and why isn't that Faith Healer Angel up there?), and an APB has been sent out to Chuck. Are all these threads going to dovetail into one big satisfying climax, or what?

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:15 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:45 pm

And Jack healed Sam, who was about to die from getting hit on the head with a rock. That's great, but I couldn't really take Sam's near-death experience seriously given all the abuse he's taken over the last fourteen years. By this time in real life he'd be so brain damaged that he wouldn't be able to chew with his mouth closed.
Celestial healing tends to repair the damage of repeated deaths and head injuries ;)

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Good thing, or the boys would be in a nursing home by now. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Yes, it's Thursday this time. :D

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:49 pm

Kind of a meh episode as we know Mary is now gone for good, but we can see there is something seriously wrong with Jack. At least everyone in the group is shouldering a bit of the blame, although Dean is being a bit harsh toward Castiel. What the heck happened with Heaven? How did the issue with "keeping the lights on" get resolved? :wtf: The writers dropped the ball on this one, because Castiel also stated he couldn't go back and talk to Jack when he had the chance. How did they forget Angels have time travel powers? Or is that yet another ability Castiel no longer possesses?

Based on the previews for the next episode, I'm guessing Jack is being set up as the final being Sam and Dean must defeat. It also looks like many renegade angels are setting up Jack to use him for nefarious purposes since he is damaged goods.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Okay, I really wasn't happy about that. I don't understand the point of killing off Mary with only two episodes (and one more season) to go. I'm glad that they at least made a point of saying that she is happy and complete in Heaven (and now we know where John is, although not why he was missing in that earlier episode-- unless Mary's Heaven is just an illusion). But I'm really tired of shows killing off good characters just because. I'm pretty sure that Chuck will return by season's end, but now that I've seen the episode I don't think that he will restore her. It was just done with too much finality.

And Nick is still dead. I was sure that he would be back, but he only made it in the form of a hallucination. There's still a couple of episodes to go, though, and Lucifer is still awake in the Big Empty, and I still don't think he's gone for good.

I'm kind of worried about what they will do to Jack, though. He's been pretty much established as a third Winchester bro at this point, but now I'm not sure that he will be saved. Maybe the final season will hearken back to the first, with just the two Winchesters against the world. Or maybe Chuck will restore Jack's soul.
Gary wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:49 pm
What the heck happened with Heaven? How did the issue with "keeping the lights on" get resolved? :wtf:
I don't know. Hopefully they didn't just decide to ignore that, because it's an interesting storyline. We didn't get too see too much of Heaven to really know, but we do know that Naomi couldn't or wouldn't see Cass.
The writers dropped the ball on this one, because Castiel also stated he couldn't go back and talk to Jack when he had the chance. How did they forget Angels have time travel powers? Or is that yet another ability Castiel no longer possesses?
I don't know, but there must be some catch to time travel, otherwise Cass would just jump back every time something went wrong.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:56 pm

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:57 am

Looks to me like Naomi was taken by the creature from The Empty. I'd forgotten about her being "consumed". Interesting how Duma assumed control of Heaven and put one of our theories into practice by getting Jack to make angels.

Here's what I think happened. When Lucifer was trying to escape The Empty, I think he was able to jump from The Darkness into Jack very quickly. His presence has been causing issues for Jack, which is why Jack has been acting out of control. Lucifer doesn't like the Winchesters, so it makes sense he would have wiped out Mary. Then again, he may explain it away as his not having been fully able to take control of Jack. Anyway, he's been trying to take control and, once inside the box, is how he got Jack to let loose. Who we saw from the carnage of Jack going "full power" looked like Lucifer. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that's what happened. I'd like to know how Jack was able to escape. Perhaps his being a Nephilim means he didn't quality as having the characteristic of an archangel.

The season ending is going to be interesting.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:01 pm

Wow, this sounds good. Unfortunately, it wasn't on On Demand yet when I went to watch it.

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Just stream it directly from the CW's website: Jack-in-the-box.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Good idea. I'll do that tonight.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Okay, that was a pretty eventful episode. The season is certainly not winding down in any of the ways that I predicted, other than Jack going off the rails.

I'm sorry to see Duma get sent off to the Big Empty, even if she did turn out to be kind of Old Testament. I like Erica Cerra. But I wonder if this means that Cass will be able to get Naomi out of her very little room. And what will become of those people that Jack brought to Heaven? Are they Angels now, or did he not complete the process? Would it really have worked anyway? Are they Angel enough to help keep the lights on in Heaven? Heaven didn't really seem to be as bad off as it used to be.

The Winchester boys are really going to regret being deceitful with Jack. Even without a soul, he still meant well and was open to advice-- he just needed to be around people with better advice. They probably could have talked him into returning to Heaven under Cass's supervision until they figured out a way to restore his soul (if Angel grace can be restored, why not a human soul?). Now he's blown up the magic coffin that was strong enough to hold an Archangel and his eyes are all glowing and stuff and things look really bad. I hope they don't destroy the MOL Bunker. That would really suck.

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:13 pm

I still think Lucifer has taken over Jack's body and powers.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 pm

So that's really him, not a hallucination? I like that idea. That would get Jack off the hook.