The Walking Dead - Season 9 - SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: The Walking Dead - Season 9 - SPOILERS!

Post by scottydog »

^^ That's a great synopsis. I was enthralled and munching on popcorn while reading it :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

A lot has happened. :popcorn: :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I hope jgc can watch this season and catch up.

Also, once Rick's movies come out, I suppose we'll need a new thread to discuss them.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I hope so. She's supposed to find out about her interview early this week.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Cool. Thank you for that, RJ.

The job, well ... I'll keep looking.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

jgc wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:09 pm
Cool. Thank you for that, RJ.
You're welcome. You'll get to see it all soon enough. :yes:
The job, well ... I'll keep looking.
I'm sorry you didn't get this one. But you will find one, definitely. :hug:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Well, I'm all caught up. I did like the forward jump in time for the story and found it interesting how they got smart in leverage the use of horses. I did find their antics at the museum to be a bit ridiculous. I guess I've spend far too much time figuring out how to extricate stuck vehicles or move heavy objects that I immediately started analyzing their approach to moving both the wagon and plow. There were many ways I would have moved both items from the top floor of the museum in a more controlled and safe manner. But, I did remind myself if they did it my way then there wouldn't have been a dramatic moment in the story :lol:

I'm insanely curious to know who the heck still has access to fuel and can operate a helicopters. Who is Jadis working with, and to what end? What's an "A" and what's a "B"? Negan's breakdown was incredibly interesting; however, I'm wondering if he frustrated Gabriel so badly that Gabriel opted to leave the cell door unlocked on purpose. Tara still annoys me to no end, and I really wish a Walker would take her out very soon. Jesus being taken out was a bit of a surprise, but he's a character I disliked. Some online reading showed that Morgan encountered the Whisperers back in Season 3, when he explained to Rick he had encountered people who wore the face of the dead.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gary wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:56 pm
I did like the forward jump in time for the story and found it interesting how they got smart in leverage the use of horses.
Now if they would just take Daryl's example and get smart in the use of dogs, which you'd think any surviving group would have done years ago.
I'm insanely curious to know who the heck still has access to fuel and can operate a helicopters. Who is Jadis working with, and to what end?
Same here. We should start getting answers next year.
Some online reading showed that Morgan encountered the Whisperers back in Season 3, when he explained to Rick he had encountered people who wore the face of the dead.
That's interesting. That means they've been around at least eight years, and none of our people have encountered them, aside from Morgan. I wonder what his encounter was like and if we'll see him in flashbacks.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Walking Dead walks back tonight. :zombie:

The bad news is that this is going to be Michonne's final season. :no:

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

REALLY!?!?!?!?!????
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, the news is that she'll be back only sporadically next season. But it seems like they're not going to kill her off, but leave the door open for her like they did with Maggie. And hopefully she will eventually show up in the Rick movies and the whole family will be reunited.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, this felt like a low-key episode, although we did have a couple of interesting developments.

Negan, now free, wandered boldly around Alexandria, eating other people's fruit and sneaking into their houses. He stole Judith's watch and a shovel and was about to jump the wall when Judith stopped him at gunpoint. She ended up letting him go, but once he made it back to the abandoned Sanctuary he was unhappy with what he found and, after killing a few Walkers decided to just go back to his cell at Alexandria. Why? Is it really because the world he knew is gone? Has he become accustomed to his safe little underground haven where all his meals are brought to him? Or is he scheming? Time will tell. Also, I thought there were still some ex-Saviors at the Sanctuary-- or was that just before the time jump?

Back at the Hilltop, Micchone and Daryl returned with Jesus' body and the lone surviving Whisperer. She was apparently so fearful that she was unable to give coherent answers. They threw her in the cell next to Henry, who was very upset with Daryl for being so hard on the poor young girl-- but he was just setting things up so that Henry would be the unwitting good cop, as he listened outside the window. But, again, are things what they appear to be? The girl's behavior is at odds with what we've seen of the Whisperers so far-- and what we see at the end of the episode-- so I'm inclined to distrust her.

So first we have the Whisperers in the cemetery, who attacked our people and killed Jesus, and then track them and try to kill them again on the bridge. Then we have a group of Whisperers who set a trap for Alden and the Music Man and capture them at the end of the episode. I don't think the Whisperers are just pathetic ragamuffins trying to survive in a world gone mad.

And in Soap Opera news: Rosita is pregnant. Gabriel is not the father. The doctor is. And Eugene is now feeling doubly left out.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I'll try to watch this episode tomorrow morning, early.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Good episode. Daryl is brilliant in using Henry to learn more about Lydia, the captured Whisperer.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 pm
The girl's behavior is at odds with what we've seen of the Whisperers so far-- and what we see at the end of the episode-- so I'm inclined to distrust her.
I don't think the Whisperers are just pathetic ragamuffins trying to survive in a world gone mad.
Lydia's probably the daughter of the woman leader who captured Alden and the Music teacher at the end of the episode. Just as Judith is a kick-ass version of Rick, Lydia is probably no slouch, either. The Whisperers will be a force to be reckoned with.

I hope Michonne was successful in talking Daryl into staying at Hilltop to help Tara run the place. Interesting that we saw no Carol or Ezekiel this episode.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Did you ever notice my post in Fear The Walking Dead, by the way?