Magic: The Gathering (repost)

Do you love Questionable Content? Are you a KOL fanatic? Which are your favorite Facebook games? Which are your favorite RPGs or comic blogs?

Moderator: Unicron

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Magic: The Gathering (repost)

Post by RJDiogenes »

I wish they'd make those graphics bigger so I could get a better look at them. :lol:

I liked that other character that you linked to in your PM-- I can't think of the name right now....
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Sometimes it's hard having a "completist" mentality. :lol: I've been trying to tie up a few loose ends and get a little last minute collecting done, which means I keep buying cards. :p But I'm technically retired at this point from the collecting aspect. I just have to wait for a few more to come in... :D
:knight:

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.
Far in the distance is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home, I remember only good days.
On my way home, I remember all the best days.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah. "Just a few more." I know how that is. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

It's sort of like eating potato chips. :lol: Part of it is that online sources like Amazon have become very popular for many traditional gaming and comic vendors, who often keep lots of individual cards for sale in their real shops so that players might find something specific. My home store certainly does that, and they can very often keep the best prices (0.99 and up) for many cards unless it's something particularly useful, and so one can order lots of cards for a small price through Amazon and have them delivered to your door. I tend to be somewhat picky in my own case, but I decided it would be good to fill a few gaps in my collection. Very often the game will have sets of cards based on fives, one for each color.

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Just like potato chips indeed. That's how I am with books. :veryhappy:

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Well, I finally got everything sorted and an updated count. Whew! :p :lol: Now I can actually build a couple of new decks I want to test.

Colorless/Multicolored (Loci): 1,879

Black (Obisidia): 2,522

Blue (Melathrys): 2,433

Green (Kairyos): 2,624

Red (Vindroth): 2,530

White (Isar): 2,521

Total: 14,509

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Whoa! That's a lotta magic. :D :cauldron:

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Yeah, I found it interesting that black and white were only one card off, so that gave me an excuse to buy one more card (Sigil of the Empty Throne). It'll be useful for my planned angel/artifact deck.

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

And the Steel Sun deck is now ready, as is the dragon scion deck (I haven't come up with a formal name yet for that one). :D The basic principle with this one is a lot of life gain and some reasonably powerful creatures, with the Heralds ideally being deployed fairly early to make the other creatures (particularly Reya) cheaper. If I can get her out, I can ensure that any combat casualties won't stay that way for long, and the Auramancers can restore any enchantments that are dispelled through enemy magic or their targets dying.

Steel Sun deck (white)

Size: 70

Lands: 20

12 Plains
4 Kabira Crossroads (enters tapped and you gain 2 life; produces white mana)
4 Seraph Sanctuary (gain 1 life when SS enters play, and an additional 1 life whenever you play an angel. Produces colorless mana)

Artifacts: 18

4 Angel's Tomb

Whenever you play a creature, you can make Tomb a 3/3 flying white artifact creature (angel) until end of turn. 3c

3 Angelic Armaments

Equipped creature gains +2/+2, flying, and is a white angel in addition to its existing types. 3c, equip 4c

4 Bladed Bracers

Equipped creature gains +1/+1. It also gains vigilance if it's a human or angel. 1c, equip 2c

1 Coat of Arms

Each creature gets +1/+1 for each other creature that shares at least one type with it. 5c

1 Moonsilver Spear

Equipped creature gains first strike. Whenever it attacks, put a 4/4 flying white angel token into play. 4c, equip 4c

4 Scroll of Avacyn

1c, sacrifice Scroll: draw a card. If you have an angel in play, you gain 5 life. 1c

1 Adaptive Automaton (artifact creature)

When Automaton enters play, choose a creature type. It gains that type in addition to its normal types, and all other creatures you control of that type get +1/+1. 3c

Spells: 10

2 Cathar's Crusade

Whenever you play a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control. 3c+2w

1 Sigil of the Empty Throne

Whenever you play an enchantment, put a 4/4 flying white angel token into play. 3c+2w

3 Call to Serve

Enchant only a nonblack creature. It gains +1/+2, flying, and the angel subtype. 1c+1w

4 Lifelink

Enchanted creature gains lifelink. 1w

Creatures: 22

4 Ardent Recruit (human soldier)

1/1, metalcraft - gains +2/+2. 1w

4 Auriok Sunchaser (human soldier)

1/1, metalcraft - gains +2/+2 and flying. 1c+1w

4 Auramancer (human wizard)

2/2, when Auramancer enters play, return target enchantment from your graveyard to your hand. 2c+1w

3 Auriok Edgewright (human soldier)

2/2, metalcraft- gains double strike. 2w

2 Herald of War (angel)

3/3, flying, whenever Herald attacks, it gains a +1/+1 counter. Human and angel spells cost 1c less for each counter. 3c+2w

1 Shattered Angel (angel)

3/3, flying, whenever an opponent plays a land, you gain 3 life. 3c+2w

1 Shepherd of the Lost (angel)

3/3, flying, first strike, vigilance. 4c+1w

2 Goldnight Redeemer (angel)

4/4, flying, when Redeemer enters play, gain 2 life for each other creature you control. 4c+2w

1 Reya Dawnbringer (legendary angel)

4/6, flying, at the beginning of your upkeep, return target creature from your graveyard to play. 6c+3w

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The Adaptive Automaton is interesting. Sounds like it can be any creature you want it to be.

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

It can be any additional type, yes. But it can only match one, so for purposes of this deck it would have to be either a human or an angel in addition to an artifact creature. It can't be both, and only the chosen type would gain the benefit from its boost. You'd need more Automatons available than I have to do that.