Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

Post by Lupine » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Good morning, all. :coffee:

The usual here.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 am
Time to come home. My flight leaves at 8:30am local time. I have a 4-hour layover in Atlanta and won't be home until 8pm, so it's a long day :flying:
Have a safe trip. :hello:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I must go in to HQ for the rest of the week for mainframe training. This will be fun. But probably useful.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 am
Time to come home. My flight leaves at 8:30am local time. I have a 4-hour layover in Atlanta and won't be home until 8pm, so it's a long day :flying:
8pm our time? So you're probably in the air zooming toward Richmond right now.
Cayla wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:57 am
We spent about 5 hours at Cedar Point, yesterday. We even spent some of the time on the beach there. It was a nice day, but I am tired, now. :yawn:
That's a good way to spend a Sunday. :yes:

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 am

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 pm
So you're probably in the air zooming toward Richmond right now.
Indeed I was, judging from your post time. Storms all over the southeast caused an hour delay, not too bad. The Wife was happy to see me; I have no idea why :conf: Old married couples aren't supposed to miss each other, are they?
Cayla wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:57 am
We even spent some of the time on the beach there. It was a nice day, but I am tired, now. :yawn:
Is it the beach along Lake Erie? As a very young kid, I lived in Pittsburgh before we moved to LA. I have some memories of us driving up to Erie PA to swim in the Great Lake :ocean:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:14 am

scottydog wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 am
Indeed I was, judging from your post time. Storms all over the southeast caused an hour delay, not too bad. The Wife was happy to see me; I have no idea why :conf: Old married couples aren't supposed to miss each other, are they?
I think they're supposed to look forward to getting their spouse out of their hair and then miss them terribly when they're gone. :lol:

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am

Another load of household goods hauled to the house. The carpet cleaner came out, chatted, and even hit one of the mystery spots on the tile. I explained to him that I was planning to hit the tile with some degreaser, but that I might have him out in July anyway. It will be very nice to be back in my comfort zone. It was in the low-70s out there, which made me think how, had I not moved out, I'd have had the doors open while enjoying the cool breeze while the cats would come and go as they pleased.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 am

GM
This has been a very rainy Spring it seems.
not at all. we had no rain for week after week - its only been the past few days we have had more than a sprinkle - so spring was dry and summer is warm/wet.
aw i dont know about that scottyfog - i miss my :butterfly: everyday we dont share - and we are not even married but have been hanging out for many years.it doesnt lessen the mood of gratitude to see her again.
i managed to get to the garden center yesterday - but got wet on my way home. today cleaning job, strawberry harvesting at the plot, evening job...

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 am

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I am off to HQ in the rain.... :rain:
Gary wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am
It will be very nice to be back in my comfort zone. It was in the low-70s out there, which made me think how, had I not moved out, I'd have had the doors open while enjoying the cool breeze while the cats would come and go as they pleased.
Sounds like it won't be much longer....
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 am
aw i dont know about that scottyfog - i miss my :butterfly: everyday we dont share - and we are not even married but have been hanging out for many years.it doesnt lessen the mood of gratitude to see her again.
It's nice to have somebody like that to be with. :yes:

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:15 am

Happy Chewsday, all :hello:

Today I'll do some shopping and run a couple of errands. I might also hang out with friends tonight.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:14 am
I think they're supposed to look forward to getting their spouse out of their hair and then miss them terribly when they're gone. :lol:
Yep, that pretty much describes us :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 am
i miss my :butterfly: everyday we dont share - and we are not even married but have been hanging out for many years.it doesnt lessen the mood of gratitude to see her again.
That's very sweet. What exactly is preventing you from seeing each other every day?
Gary wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am
I explained to him that I was planning to hit the tile with some degreaser
Reminds me of when I worked at McDonalds more than 40 years ago. I worked the closing shift and had to clean up all that grease.... :as:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am

Good morning!

scottydog, yes, the beaches here are along Lake Erie. Cedar Point's is much better than Cleveland's Edgewater, but I like the beaches of Erie, PA best. The water is turquoise and clear, there. Years ago, Ohio's Lake Erie used to be brown. Now it is a greenish color.

I really did not miss my husband while I was on my trip.

It has been a cold and wet Spring, here is Ohio. Summer doesn't look to be much better. I'm wondering if we will have a summer this year.

Nothing exciting today. Just work, and if the weather cooperates, I will plant snap dragons.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life. -Jean Luc Picard

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 am

Oh! I forgot! We had a 4.0 earthquake, yesterday. I didn't feel it.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life. -Jean Luc Picard

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Did more work on the faire site yesterday, though it was just painting. Have more painting to do yet.
Cayla wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 am
I heard about that. Except for a few small clusters, California's been rather... quiet. :unsure:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm

Good thing I checked my email before going to HQ this morning-- the training for today was cancelled, though it is still on for the rest of the week.
scottydog wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:15 am
Reminds me of when I worked at McDonalds more than 40 years ago. I worked the closing shift and had to clean up all that grease.... :as:
You mean you failed to get all the grease into your customers? No wonder they fired you! :warn:
Cayla wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am
I really did not miss my husband while I was on my trip.
:lol:
Cayla wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 am
Interesting. I thought I felt some shaking over the weekend, but I didn't see any reports of earthquakes around here.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm
I heard about that. Except for a few small clusters, California's been rather... quiet. :unsure:
Too quiet. :unsure:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:27 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm
Lupine wrote:
Too quiet. :unsure:

Which in of itself is rather funny. After the Landers/Big Bear quake everyone was like "earthquakes are increasing! The world's ending!" :panic:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 pm

California was supposed to fall into the ocean a looong time ago.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:12 am

Cayla wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am
Years ago, Ohio's Lake Erie used to be brown. Now it is a greenish color.
I've heard they've really done a great job cleaning up the lake. I assume it's safe to swim in?
Lupine wrote:
California's been rather... quiet. :unsure:
Clearly you're doomed. Do you have a good supply of food and water for when The Big One hits?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm
Good thing I checked my email before going to HQ this morning-- the training for today was cancelled, though it is still on for the rest of the week.
I hope the mainframe training isn't too dull. Do they feed you a free lunch I hope?

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am

GM.
That's very sweet. What exactly is preventing you from seeing each other every day?
we dont live in the same house :D
today - i have an empty morning to be filled with cooking/polytunnelling/chores, then working for L2 indoors if wet outdoors if dry, then my evening job.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 am

Let's take another try at this training thing....
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:12 am
I hope the mainframe training isn't too dull. Do they feed you a free lunch I hope?
Oh, I'll be fighting to stay awake, I'm sure. And there ain't no free lunch. :no:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am
Actually, why not? Two can live as cheaply as one.

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 am

Good morning!

Today is my late day of work. :yawn:

scottydog, they have cleaned up the lake, but it still has an awful lot of garbage that washes ashore in Cleveland. Also, about 2-4 times per year during heavy rains, the sewer plant dumps hundreds of thousands of gallons of "treated" sewage into it. I never go into the lake, and whatever beach glass I bring home, I soak in it bleach.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am

Happy Wednesday, all :hello:

Today I'll go to the gym and get some exercise, which I haven't done in over a week. Then I'll have lunch with my dear elderly friend Marcia. I hope she's doing okay. Tonight should be a quiet evening spent with The Wife.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am
How far apart are your two houses? Have you thought about living together?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 am
Oh, I'll be fighting to stay awake, I'm sure.
Maybe you can put in your ear-buds and pretend to be paying attention while watching TV on your device. :tv:
Cayla wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 am
they have cleaned up the lake, but it still has an awful lot of garbage that washes ashore in Cleveland. Also, about 2-4 times per year during heavy rains, the sewer plant dumps hundreds of thousands of gallons of "treated" sewage into it. I never go into the lake, and whatever beach glass I bring home, I soak in it bleach.
Oh my goodness, all this sounds unconscionable. Are there fish living in the lake? I'm shocked that we can still legally pollute our lakes and rivers :no:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Nothing major planned for today though I have to paint some items for the faire, but that can be done at home.
scottydog wrote:
Do you have a good supply of food and water for when The Big One hits?
To some extent. But I've always figured that any disaster big enough to prepare for is too big to prepare for. Having said that we could always make a long-range supply run to Nevada or Arizona.
Cayla wrote:
scottydog, they have cleaned up the lake, but it still has an awful lot of garbage that washes ashore in Cleveland. Also, about 2-4 times per year during heavy rains, the sewer plant dumps hundreds of thousands of gallons of "treated" sewage into it. I never go into the lake, and whatever beach glass I bring home, I soak in it bleach.
Same thing happens here. There's always warnings after heavy rains not to swim in the ocean in some areas.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 pm

So the irony of this training is that it was assigned to me based on my old job. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
scottydog, they have cleaned up the lake, but it still has an awful lot of garbage that washes ashore in Cleveland.
Is the cleanup still in progress?
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am
Today I'll go to the gym and get some exercise, which I haven't done in over a week.
I haven't done that in over a week, either.
Maybe you can put in your ear-buds and pretend to be paying attention while watching TV on your device. :tv:
My preferred remedy is to paint eyeballs on my eyelids. :blankstare:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:43 pm
But I've always figured that any disaster big enough to prepare for is too big to prepare for.
Well put. Either build a bunker or forget about it. :lol:

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:18 am

Lupine wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:43 pm
I've always figured that any disaster big enough to prepare for is too big to prepare for.
I like your logic here. I watch these shows on the zombie apocalypse and I conclude that a good reliable suicide pill is preferable to storing tons of food and water :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 pm
My preferred remedy is to paint eyeballs on my eyelids.
I would do this at faculty meetings except that they occasionally call on my for my input. I hate that. It means I have to pay attention to senseless drivel pouring out of people's mouths. :coocoo:

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 am

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 am

Let's take another try at this training thing....
scottydog wrote:
Oh, I'll be fighting to stay awake, I'm sure. And there ain't no free lunch. :no:
Mainframe training? :wtf: :as: I refuse to EVER touch another mainframe for the rest of my days. My condolences.

Meanwhile, I made two trips to the house tonight. I can get some more items tomorrow, like the computer printer, paper shredder, and a box of files along with some other items. I should be able to take some more dresser drawers and maybe the two night stands Friday evening. That leaves throwing the small amount of refrigerated foods into a cooler for Saturday and then the remaining large pieces of furniture. If Blake gets a trailer, then I'll rent some moving blankets and will get it all in one trip. After that, I have to vacuum around this place and do some light cleaning.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:31 am

GM.
Actually, why not? Two can live as cheaply as one.
I have a son living with me in mine.....
How far apart are your two houses? Have you thought about living together?
about 3-4 minutes walk round the block - only 1 minute when the fence is down between the garage blocks. :loopy: :yes:
more rain today but not as much as yesterday apparently... so....i may or may not get my gardening job doewn thids arvo. i have cleaning morning/evening though.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:28 am

And another day of arcane computer commands lies ahead.....
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:18 am
I watch these shows on the zombie apocalypse and I conclude that a good reliable suicide pill is preferable to storing tons of food and water :lol:
But then you become one of them. :zombie:
I would do this at faculty meetings except that they occasionally call on my for my input. I hate that. It means I have to pay attention to senseless drivel pouring out of people's mouths. :coocoo:
Hmm. I wonder if you could hack Alexa to make her respond to your name and speak in your voice.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:31 am
I have a son living with me in mine.....
Well, three can live as cheaply as one and a half.