Check-In #99: Indian, Islamic, Hungarian Clone & Agent

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

jgc
Senator
Senator

Re: Check-In #99: Indian, Islamic, Hungarian Clone & Agent

Post by jgc » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Hello! :hello:

Maddy, cats absolutely know when it's food o'clock! Although Queenie's clock runs consistently 30 minutes fast. :wiggle:

Went to the store this morning to pick up a few things. When I came out, there was a car exactly like mine parked next to me. I knew which one was mine because there's a magnet on the back of my car that says "cattitude" :lol: The car next to me had stickers on the back window: paw prints and a stylized cross. I never put stickers on my cars.

And that's what's happening in Lake County, FL.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Well, I found the site of the old missile base, but all of the good ruins were gone. It's mostly just foundations now. I kind of suspected this from the satellite photos on Google Earth, but it was a little disappointing. Still an interesting site, though, and I'll post some pictures in a couple of minutes.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 am
Holy smokes, what has actor Andrew Lincoln been doing? We've had a full season of TWD without him and a second season is about to start up. Time's-a-wastin'!
I hope he's not negotiating.
Cayla wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 am
along with figuring out how to give Max a bath.
See if the Slovakian Gentleman is up for that. :lol:
I have a really good pastor. He noticed that something has been "off" with me, lately, so he cornered me yesterday. We had a long chat. It at least gave me a different perspective to think about, and he told me to quit jumping to conclusions. He has been in my place before, so he understands.
That's very nice that he just came to you when he sensed something was wrong. :yes:
Lupine wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Have fun! After all, what could go wrong?
:scared: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:
Sadly, I was not menaced by Zombies or Mutants or incarcerated Space Aliens. That would have made up for the missing ruins. I did notice some metal panels in the ground, though. Maybe I should have tried to pry them up.
You can link pics from Facebook here. :yes:
The [img] code works from Facebook? Cool, I'll have to give it a try.
jgc wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:11 pm
Went to the store this morning to pick up a few things. When I came out, there was a car exactly like mine parked next to me. I knew which one was mine because there's a magnet on the back of my car that says "cattitude" :lol: The car next to me had stickers on the back window: paw prints and a stylized cross. I never put stickers on my cars.
Remember the days when the keys from one model of car would work in all cars of that model? When we lived in Dorchester, there was somebody who had the same car, even the same color, and sometimes when we were both at the store at the same time either they or we would get in the wrong car and drive off. :lol:

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:22 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:13 pm
All of the pics I've posted here over the last year or so have been linked from Facebook. I find it easier than messing with sites like Postimage.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:10 pm

Lupine wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:22 pm
All of the pics I've posted here over the last year or so have been linked from Facebook. I find it easier than messing with sites like Postimage.
Wow. That's cool. Can you explain, in language a tech dummy like me can understand, how you do that?
RJDiogenes wrote:
I did notice some metal panels in the ground, though. Maybe I should have tried to pry them up.
Yes, you should have. There you would have encountered mutated, radiated, sloth-like humans who would have implanted a cybernetic enhancement device into your brain -- just like in your dream last night.
Cayla wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 am
I have a really good pastor. He noticed that something has been "off" with me, lately, so he cornered me yesterday. We had a long chat. It at least gave me a different perspective to think about, and he told me to quit jumping to conclusions. He has been in my place before, so he understands.
It's great to have someone like that to talk to. We're here for you, too :hug:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 pm

Lupine wrote:
And it works! I just posted some of Cayla's pictures in the Picture Thread.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:10 pm
Wow. That's cool. Can you explain, in language a tech dummy like me can understand, how you do that?
Just right click on the image, click on "Copy Image Location," then paste into your post. It will look like a big mound of gibberish, but just put the [img] tags around it and you'll get a picture.
Yes, you should have. There you would have encountered mutated, radiated, sloth-like humans who would have implanted a cybernetic enhancement device into your brain -- just like in your dream last night.
Sweet! I'll try next week. I hope they're still there.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:42 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 pm
Just right click on the image, click on "Copy Image Location," then paste into your post. It will look like a big mound of gibberish, but just put the Image
Thanks! I'll give it a try, below.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 pm

Okay, great, it worked! :bounce:

That book, by the way, is absolutely terrific. If you know any young people, say over the age of 10, this book is great at communicating what it takes to live a heroic life.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:22 am

GM.
That's two people visiting towers-- I hope everybody gets good pictures
we didnt - but l did call and we did go out - to RSPB at pulborough brooks for coffee and a walk around and reserve/across the fields. i needed a breath of fresh air and dose of L! :yes:
today, coffee with L - then sorting out a watch and work before 3 days of 3 x work and one of 2 x work and a plain weekend.
i guess Queenie might just be ENJOYING the wait and hinting she wants to eat earlier - :D

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:27 am

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Another vacation day today, but I have to go to the doctor. I decided not to rent a storage space until I'm sure my monthly deposit from Merrill Lynch start on time, which should be a week from today. Instead, I think I'll bring my camera and check out the woods near the medical building.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 pm
That book, by the way, is absolutely terrific. If you know any young people, say over the age of 10, this book is great at communicating what it takes to live a heroic life.
I don't know any young kids these days. My Niece and Nephew are both college age now. :scared:
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:22 am
we didnt - but l did call and we did go out - to RSPB at pulborough brooks for coffee and a walk around and reserve/across the fields. i needed a breath of fresh air and dose of L! :yes:
Oh, well, no tower, but it sounds like a nice day in any case. :yes:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:09 am

Good morning!

The weeds are now gone from the front yard. I worked on it after the picnic. We postponed Max's bath until mid week, when the outside temperature will be much warmer. All I have planned for today is work, and grocery shopping. I should start packing for my trip. I leave Thursday morning. I'm really not that excited about it, anymore. It will just be my mom and I going.
Lupine wrote:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Now you tell me! :lol:

Thank you RJ. I do have a good pastor. As I have said, he has been through the same thing. It's too complicated to talk about here, for now. My friends and family don't even know that something is wrong. Just my mother-in-law, pastor, and an older friend from church. We are both not in a good place emotionally and mentally, at the moment. I tried some meds last week, but it only made things worse, so I stopped taking it.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life. -Jean Luc Picard

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:39 am

Happy Monday, all :hello:

Today's a busy day of teaching, meetings, and another IRB presentation. In fact, this whole week is particularly busy.
Cayla wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:09 am
I tried some meds last week, but it only made things worse, so I stopped taking it.
We're here for you, Cayla :hug:

Hope y'all have a groovy day :cooldude:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Good morning, gang. :yawn:

Average day here.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 pm
And it works! I just posted some of Cayla's pictures in the Picture Thread.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 pm
Okay, great, it worked! :bounce:
:D Henceforth it will be called "The Lupy Method". :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:27 am
Another vacation day today, but I have to go to the doctor.
Good luck!
Cayla wrote:
Now you tell me! :lol:
That's what you get for missing staff meetings.

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Good afternoon! :hello:

RJ, how was your doctor appointment?

Cayla, we are here for you. If you need, I'm only a text away. :yes:

As for my day, it's just the usual. It's been hot here - mid 90s, heat index in the 100s, so I don't spend much time outside after 10:30 or so. It's so muggy still, it makes it hard to breathe sometimes.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

And my four-day weekend draws to a close. My appointment was pretty quick, though, so I got to read and nap most of the day. What I really need to do is figure out a birthday present for my Sister....
Cayla wrote:
I should start packing for my trip. I leave Thursday morning. I'm really not that excited about it, anymore. It will just be my mom and I going.
Aww, well I hope it turns out to be a good one, anyway.
It's too complicated to talk about here, for now. My friends and family don't even know that something is wrong. Just my mother-in-law, pastor, and an older friend from church. We are both not in a good place emotionally and mentally, at the moment. I tried some meds last week, but it only made things worse, so I stopped taking it.
I don't like the sound of that. Maybe it will be better after you get away for a while. :hug:
Lupine wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:51 pm
:D Henceforth it will be called "The Lupy Method". :lol:
That sounds... convoluted. :lol:
Good luck!
Thank you. All is well, as far as I know. :yes:
jgc wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm
RJ, how was your doctor appointment?
Unless something weird turns up in my lab results, I'm good for another six months. :yes:
As for my day, it's just the usual. It's been hot here - mid 90s, heat index in the 100s, so I don't spend much time outside after 10:30 or so. It's so muggy still, it makes it hard to breathe sometimes.
Yikes. Be careful. Definitely a good idea to stay inside.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 am

Today was a long day, with lots of meetings and one faculty member annoying me at one of them. But she's been annoying me for 30 years so I'm used to the annoyance :lol:
jgc wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm
It's been hot here - mid 90s, heat index in the 100s, so I don't spend much time outside after 10:30 or so. It's so muggy still, it makes it hard to breathe sometimes.
I imagine you have to wait until early November for a cool breeze to come your way. :cold:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm
Unless something weird turns up in my lab results, I'm good for another six months. :yes:
Unless you venture under those metal plates at the missile site, your bloodwork will remain boringly negative.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:18 am

gm. ahead, work x 3.
yesterday L&I had coffee at hers, then popped out to a couple of garden centers - where she bought be a blueberry plant for an early xmas fift. i think that must be the earliest i have ever been given a christmas gift!!

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:18 am

Sigh. Back to work. But only for three days. :D
scottydog wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 am
Unless you venture under those metal plates at the missile site, your bloodwork will remain boringly negative.
Well, I don't want my doctor to get bored....
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:18 am
i think that must be the earliest i have ever been given a christmas gift!!
By the time Christmas comes around, she'll have forgotten and she'll get you something else. :D

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:48 am

Happy Chewsday, everyone :hello:

I have an IRB meeting today at noon. Then lots of piddly things to do. I'll hang out with friends tonight.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:18 am
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:18 am
i think that must be the earliest i have ever been given a christmas gift!!
By the time Christmas comes around, she'll have forgotten and she'll get you something else. :D
When she had Alzheimer's, my mother would sometimes give me two gifts by accident. That's one good perk of the disease!

Hope y'all have a groovy day :cooldude:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Odds'n ends today.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:42 pm

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

emma asked me to tell everybody how much she misses you all and she hopes to be back here soon in a couple of weeks. :yes:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:48 am
When she had Alzheimer's, my mother would sometimes give me two gifts by accident. That's one good perk of the disease!
My Mother's been doing that for years. She'll see something good for somebody in the middle of the year, buy it and forget about it. Then she'll buy them something else when Christmas comes. Then she'll randomly find the first gift months later and give it to them.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:43 pm
Odds'n ends today.
Never tell me the odds'n ends.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Today was a pretty good day. I was able to come home by 4pm for a late-day nap. :sleep:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:42 pm
emma asked me to tell everybody how much she misses you all and she hopes to be back here soon in a couple of weeks. :yes:
Tell her we miss her. I hope she's in good health. :yes:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:25 am

GM.
By the time Christmas comes around, she'll have forgotten and she'll get you something else.
doubtful - neither of us are that much into the event - basically l is the only one i buy anything for beyond a dozen or so cards i send out to peeps who expect to exchange them and L.
yes - CBS Emma - 2 weeks?
work x 3 lies ahead for me.
today is the day my son pays for his first car....

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am

The DPW decided it was a good idea to do some work outside my house at about 1am. Or maybe it was the Beagle Boys digging into the bank across the street. I didn't look. :sleep:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 pm
Tell her we miss her. I hope she's in good health. :yes:
She's doing good, aside from technology issues. She decided not to sell her house, and instead her two friends who are her caregivers have moved in with her. She's trying to get aid and attendance for them through the VA.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:25 am
Her friend is coming down a week from next Monday to hopefully fix her laptop. What does CBS mean?

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:46 am

Good morning!

One long day of work, and then I am on vacation for the next 5 days.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life. -Jean Luc Picard

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Happy Wednesday, everyone. :hello:

Today I have a few dull meetings to attend. I hope to get home by 4pm again for a late-nap.
Cayla wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:46 am
... and then I am on vacation for the next 5 days.
You deserve a getaway. Any places in particular you're looking forward to going to?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am
The DPW decided it was a good idea to do some work outside my house at about 1am. Or maybe it was the Beagle Boys digging into the bank across the street. I didn't look.
Uh oh. You should never, ever, have gone to that missile site. :rocket:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:25 am
What does CBS mean?
It's emma's new TV show on CBS, starring emma as action hero astronaut breaking up crime rings around Saturn. :desperado: