Check-In 100: The Centenary Edition!

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In 100: The Centenary Edition!

Post by Madeliaette » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:17 am

GM.
What kind of a cooker?
one to cook on/in....you know one of those lumps of metal with machinery inside that makes food hot - by making your roast/bakes roast and bake, your pans boil and bubblkle and spitter....one of those items you need if you want hot food and dont use a wood fire or microwave....an everyday normal cooker!
Ahh book o'clock :lol: I remember when you used to refer to Lupy o'clock. Very creative
well it suits my routine -

yesterday L&I had coffee at hers then popped off to a couple of stores for stuff. her shopping list included flour and food coloring and mine included a mop handle and peanuts for the birds.

today and tommorrow are work, work and work....

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:27 am

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Well, I guess everybody needs to add our new address to their address book. :lol:

Three busy days ahead till the next weekend arrives....
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:17 am
one to cook on/in....you know one of those lumps of metal with machinery inside that makes food hot - by making your roast/bakes roast and bake, your pans boil and bubblkle and spitter....one of those items you need if you want hot food and dont use a wood fire or microwave....an everyday normal cooker!
:lol: Well, yeah, but you might have meant a stove or a toaster oven or one of those slow cooker things, or something else. There are different kinds of cookers. :D

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:01 am

Happy Chewsday, everyone :hello:

This is Olivia's last full day in Richmond. Her flight to Australia leaves tomorrow morning :flying:

Tonight she's going all-out to cook us all a big, authentic Greek meal. We're excited. I've never had an Acropolis Burger before :drool:
Elara wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:57 am
Saw video of a guy in California trying to save his house with a garden hose. Fire everywhere, but he kept trying. The smart part of my brain says he should run, but the stubborn part says that I would have done the same.
Well, to my brother's credit, he has planned ahead more than that guy with a garden hose :lol: My brother has all the latest, modern equipment and technology for fighting house fires, including a space-suit and fire retardant chemicals delivered with some kind of sophisticated apparatus. He's ready to fight fire with fire. :fire:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Another day lurches upon us. :coffee:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:27 am
Well, I guess everybody needs to add our new address to their address book. :lol:
Yeah, I marked the email as not spam, so I should be getting them from now on.
scottydog wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:01 am
This is Olivia's last full day in Richmond. Her flight to Australia leaves tomorrow morning :flying:
:hello: Hope she had a good time.
scottydog wrote:
Tonight she's going all-out to cook us all a big, authentic Greek meal. We're excited. I've never had an Acropolis Burger before :drool:
What is it and is it as good as it sounds?

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

emma says hi to everyone. :hello:

Tomorrow will be an HQ day. I must learn some new software. :mellow:
scottydog wrote:
I hope she has no glitches on the way back.
I've never had an Acropolis Burger before :drool:
Sounds like something that Hercules would pick up for lunch at Burger Zeus. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 pm
Yeah, I marked the email as not spam, so I should be getting them from now on.
Cool. Hopefully there won't be many.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:32 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:26 pm
:hello:
How is she doing?

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Pretty good. Her Sunline taxi card got lost, but we found someone who could issue a new card and transfer her balance. Hopefully the new card will arrive quickly, because she's short on transportation options and I worry if she doesn't have that to fall back on.

As for her computer, it appears to be the motherboard, so she's better off getting a new one. She's going to wait for the December sale at the Air Force Exchange to get one.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:16 am

GM. Oh.....so no Emma -again! oh well - hope she is back in time for Christmas!
yesterday was 3 x work - todays is 3 x work....so nothing going on herely.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:42 am

I'm off to HQ for software training. Yay. :computer:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:16 am
GM. Oh.....so no Emma -again! oh well - hope she is back in time for Christmas!
I sure hope so. :mellow:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:15 am

Good morning!

Nothing exciting today. Just work, evening walk, and packing. Now that his girlfriend will be getting out of rehab later this week, and going to a sober house, Ron is no longer crying whenever I am packing. He's been helping. :lol:

After things are finalized, he still wants me to cook for him (she's not capable), be his power of attorney and make medical decisions for him (she's not capable), help him with canning (she's not capable), and take care of the landscaping (she's not capable). :wtf: I'm wondering if I could squeeze another $75 per week out of him to clean his house (again, she is not capable). It would cover my medical insurance premiums. :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 am

Happy Wednesday, everyone :hello:

Yesterday went well. Olivia joined me and Greg in reviewing the movie Joker. Then we walked around campus. Olivia then cooked us all a big Greek meal which was amazingly delicious.

The Fun part of the day was putting up Halloween decorations in our front yard. My daughter Heather and her bf Landon really got into it, and now our front walkway looks so scary that we're hoping little trick-or-treaters pee in their pants from fear. :scared: :lol:

I'll take Olivia to the airport at 9:30am and then Heather and her bf leave via train at 6pm. Then The Wife and I get our lives back to normal for the first time in 10 days.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 pm
:hello: Hope she had a good time.
I think she did. But now she's a bit homesick and is looking forward to getting back to Perth.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I hope she has no glitches on the way back.
Me too. She had to spend the night at Dallas' airport on her way here. Fingers crossed all her flights go smoothly getting home.
Cayla wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:15 am
Now that his girlfriend will be getting out of rehab later this week, and going to a sober house, Ron is no longer crying whenever I am packing. He's been helping. :lol:
Well, now we know why he's being so nice. But let me get this straight -- he has a girlfriend with an addiction problem who is not capable of cooking, cleaning, or doing anything that a normal person does. And he wants you to do these things? :conf: We live in a really strange world. :loopy:

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Hello :hello:

Cayla, you should tell him that once you move, he's on his own - along with the girlfriend. It really sounds like he wants a "housekeeper", and if so, he should pay thru the nose for the privilege.

So, I'm going back from a second interview! The woman who interviewed me Monday (Linda) is going to be taking over as the new manager. The current manager (Sabrina) was out Monday with a sick child. So if I get the job, I'd be working with Linda. More good vibes needed Friday at 10am. And crossed fingers. :D
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Looks like Lupy's having some Internet problems. I'm not sure if it's his computer, his account, or his Internet provider, but it sounds like something's been hacked. :no:
jgc wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:48 pm
So, I'm going back from a second interview! The woman who interviewed me Monday (Linda) is going to be taking over as the new manager. The current manager (Sabrina) was out Monday with a sick child. So if I get the job, I'd be working with Linda. More good vibes needed Friday at 10am. And crossed fingers. :D
Oh, that's great. I'm vibrating like an electric toothbrush. :D
Cayla wrote:
After things are finalized, he still wants me to cook for him (she's not capable), be his power of attorney and make medical decisions for him (she's not capable), help him with canning (she's not capable), and take care of the landscaping (she's not capable). :wtf: I'm wondering if I could squeeze another $75 per week out of him to clean his house (again, she is not capable). It would cover my medical insurance premiums. :lol:
I was about to say. If you're going to have his power of attorney and be his medical designee, that's a good reason to ask for continued health insurance.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 am
The Fun part of the day was putting up Halloween decorations in our front yard. My daughter Heather and her bf Landon really got into it, and now our front walkway looks so scary that we're hoping little trick-or-treaters pee in their pants from fear. :scared: :lol:
You should check out what blab does on Halloween. Although she may not do it this year, because she got vandalized last year. But she usually creates quite a display.
I think she did. But now she's a bit homesick and is looking forward to getting back to Perth.
I'm sure she misses her fellow Perthlings.
She had to spend the night at Dallas' airport on her way here.
That's just what I was thinking about.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 am

Our guests have now left -- Olivia on her way to Perth, and Heather & Landon on their way back to The Big Apple. I'm not used to peace and quiet, so it's eerily serene right now... :unsure:
jgc wrote:
So, I'm going back from a second interview!
Holy Smokes! I'm lit up like a Christmas Tree :christmas_tree:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 pm
Looks like Lupy's having some Internet problems. I'm not sure if it's his computer, his account, or his Internet provider, but it sounds like something's been hacked. :no:
Oh no. That's bad. Is that why he posted on Facebook that he couldn't get into ReNext?
RJDiogenes wrote:
You should check out what blab does on Halloween.
I will check it out!
RJDiogenes wrote:
I'm sure she misses her fellow Perthlings.
:lol: By George, You've Pun it Again!

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:27 am

GM.
GL jgc....
Cayla - charge him by the hour for your services, with a yearly bonus for the advisor/etc stuff - maybe new gf is capable of making your bill seem sweeter if nothing else - lol.
ok rain all arvo on the wet forc - so no gardening job this afternoon - leaves me morning and evening work sessions with a gap for my chores/cooking. i think the lady i work for this morning maybe a bit sore again - the ambulance was outside yesterday - so i assume she has had another at-home fall...if it wasnt a regular thing, i would have investigated on my way past and maybe taken the 3 dogs into the spare room out of the way - but...its happened 3-4 times in the few months i have worked for her now. :(
son was going to run his engine yesterday - so the battery doesnt go flat - but he left it too long and its dead. he hopes to sit his driving test in the early new year - but til then he is reliant on L sitting in with him so he can drive some place or runnign the engine and not moving.... oh well, the mechanic will get him a new battery when its serviced at the close of the month if his workmates cant jump start it for him this morning after work. (they all work night shift)

Elara
Censor
Censor

Post by Elara » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:32 am

Didn't get much done today, but after taking the tomato plants down yesterday, I deserved a day off. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Well, to my brother's credit, he has planned ahead more than that guy with a garden hose :lol: My brother has all the latest, modern equipment and technology for fighting house fires, including a space-suit and fire retardant chemicals delivered with some kind of sophisticated apparatus. He's ready to fight fire with fire. :fire:
Holy Cats! Is he threatened by a lot of fires? Or is he just prepared for anything? :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Hi emma! :hello:
Cayla wrote:
:wtf: Out of curiosity, why is she incapable of doing, well, anything?
scottydog wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 am
Well, now we know why he's being so nice. But let me get this straight -- he has a girlfriend with an addiction problem who is not capable of cooking, cleaning, or doing anything that a normal person does. And he wants you to do these things? :conf: We live in a really strange world. :loopy:
Yes, we do. An ex-bf wanted me to help him with everything, too. He had cheated on me, and decided to marry her, all within two weeks. Then had the nerve to beg me to stay to help take care of his house, his animals and his daughter (who loved me, hated her). My reaction was to blurt out: "You have got to be kidding!" He wasn't. I told him no.
jgc wrote:
So, I'm going back from a second interview!
Yes! :dancer:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:36 am

Still no Lupy. :unsure:

In other news of the bizarre, it looks like Ron Ely's wife has been stabbed to death by their son. :(
scottydog wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 am
Oh no. That's bad. Is that why he posted on Facebook that he couldn't get into ReNext?
Yeah. At this point, I'm pretty sure he's got a malware problem. :(
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:27 am
ok rain all arvo on the wet forc
We had another Nor'easter or something overnight-- actually, it was worse than the Nor'easter we had the other day. :stormy:
i think the lady i work for this morning maybe a bit sore again - the ambulance was outside yesterday - so i assume she has had another at-home fall...if it wasnt a regular thing, i would have investigated on my way past and maybe taken the 3 dogs into the spare room out of the way - but...its happened 3-4 times in the few months i have worked for her now. :(
That's alarming. How old is she?
son was going to run his engine yesterday - so the battery doesnt go flat - but he left it too long and its dead.
He definitely needs a new battery if it died that quickly. A decent battery doesn't need charging for months.

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:01 am

RJ, you didn't lose power, did you? I was just reading that thousands did.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:16 am

Good morning!

My plans today are a doctor's appointment, therapy appointment, an x-ray of my left ankle, and evening bible study.

Elara, she is incapable, because she is an addict, and because it all "overwhelms" her. The girl has no organizational, or time management skills whatsoever. She can't even hold a job for more than a month. Pretty much all she is good for is :sex:. I hope he'll be happy. :P
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Happy Thursday, all :hello:

Today I have a few meetings at work, plus lunch with my buddy Mike at Arby's.
Elara wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:32 am
Holy Cats! Is he threatened by a lot of fires? Or is he just prepared for anything? :yes:
Yes, my brother lives in Malibu, CA where every Fall is fire season. His house borders a state park full of dry chaparral that is prone to fire.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:36 am
scottydog wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 am
Yeah. At this point, I'm pretty sure he's got a malware problem. :(
I am officially casting a spell that removes all of Lupy's computer issues :wizard:

australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi all. Not a lot of news. Life proceeds. Doing a little writing. New flatmate seems determined to help me get motivated and published, possibly even agented. Sending off my old 'Sea Tigers' script to a production co next week. And an online review (in Aurealis #125) of 'Catching Light' was fair, constructive and mostly positive, so I'm cool with it.

Tomorrow going to son's place to help him look after his kids while his wife has a downtime weekend, I'm looking forward to it.
"... times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:08 pm

And I'm back. :as:

Not sure what happened yesterday. At first I was able to get onto Facebook, Youtube, and do Google searches but every other site I tried either didn't come up or I got redirected to a Youtube video about Grete Thurnberg. It was in German but it didn't look flattering. As the day went on the video seemed to spread until Firefox started flagging various websites as unsafe. Then the internet went out entirely. Luckily my ISP posted an update on Facebook before I lost it that they were having problems. Still I should do another virus scan today as I did get that weird video when I first tried to get here today- I ended up using the History function to get back here.
So hopefully the internet will stay back. :unsure:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:18 pm

I had to delete Renext from my bookrmarks and re-add it to get rid of the video.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Lupine wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:08 pm
Whew!

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Lupine wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:08 pm
...hopefully the internet will stay back. :unsure:
Welcome back! I was just about to post "REWARD: We Have Lost Lupy" flyers on telephone poles.