The Weather: The Months of Winter.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: The Weather: The Months of Winter.

Post by Lupine »

66 yesterday with clear skies early on. Later in the day though the wind started kicking up, reaching 36 mph (though it sounded worse than that) and some clowns started rolling in. Luckily they had cleared out by the time of the eclipse. Low last night was 36 and it looks like the mountains got some snow no one was predicting.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It got down to one degree at around sunrise, and up as high as nine in the afternoon. The wind picked up during the day, bringing the chilliness indoors. And everything was coated in a layer of ice from the sleet yesterday. Luckily the sun peeked through the clowns in the middle of the day and warmed up my car enough to break in. Now the temperature is on its way back down again....
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

It is currently 10F with a wind chill of -15F. The high is supposed to be 33F, with rain this evening.

All of the schools are closed today, due to the dangerous wind chills.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Sunny and 38 today. Low of 27.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Windy most of the day here, but not as bad as the previous night. High only hit 51. The skies were clear save for a stray clown or two. Low last night was 31.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Last night and this morning were pretty miserable, even with the space heater on all night. But today it warmed up to about 27 and the wind died down, so the house heat was able to handle that. Tonight it will go down to the teens, which will probably make it chilly in here, but it will be okay without the wind. Tomorrow it will go up to the 40s. Today was also mostly sunny all day, with a few bands of clowns hanging around.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^ I hope in your retirement you'll have better heating. Old geezers have more trouble regulating their body temperature. :oldman:

Clowny here in Richmond, yet warm today, high of 55, low of 32.
Last edited by scottydog on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

We are expected to get an inch of rain during the day. High 47F. Tonight, we are expected to get 1-3 inches of snow. Low 27F.

There is a day next week, where the forecast shows a high of 4F, and a low of -7F. :thumbsdown: :curses:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Clear yesterday with a chilly Santa Ana. High was 51 and the low last night was 29.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Today was just gray and clowny, but the wind died down and it got up to a nice balmy 39 degrees. I'm not sure if it rained or not, but there are puddles everywhere because of the melting. There will be more of that tomorrow when it gets up to the 50s.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 am
^ I hope in your retirement you'll have better heating. Old geezers have more trouble regulating their body temperature. :oldman:
Same here. I'd rather not leave New England, but I could always move South if I had to.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ I'm glad you'd consider the option. I don't know how any elderly person handles the bitter cold and snow.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Warm, windy, and rainy today. High of 63, but then the cold front passing thru will drop the temps down to 29 tonight.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Yesterday felt like early spring...upper 40F's with heavy rain. Winter has returned, today. Cloudy, high 29F, low 12F. After the rain washed away most of the snow, we now have an inch of fresh snow on the ground.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Clear and sunny yesterday with a high of 58, though it didn't feel that warm. Low last night was 30.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It was already in the 50s when I got up this morning, and there was slush and puddles everywhere. It was dark and clowny and eventually the wind whipped up and it started pouring rain. I got drenched in the 30-second walk from my car to my house. And that's where we are now: It's a dark and stormy night. And it's going back down to the 20s overnight, so all these puddles will be frozen by morning.