Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Doing laundry today once the waterlines thaw out. Nothing else of note planned.
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:58 pm
Gary wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm
My friend in Virginia said she's going to get one this year but was fretting over finding someone who could take her. I told her I'd come out since I know how daunting it can be. That way, no last minute cancellations will affect her. Meanwhile, I know people nearing 50 who gripe and complain at the very thought of getting one. Since I've been there twice, I lay it out straight that they're freaking out over absolutely nothing.
Transportation is my issue, too. Everybody I know works, except my Mother, and she'd freak out even for a screening procedure. If your friend is not having any symptoms, she can probably use Cologuard, which is a home test and an accepted alternative to colonoscopy, and it's covered by insurance. I've gotten away with it for the last four or five years.
What is Cologuard. I haven't had a colonoscopy cuz I went to the va for one and a nasty mouthed nurse took me back to a rooom with four beds with insufficient pricacy inhabited by three male veterans, all old and brhaving badly and thier wives kept giving me the stink eye, I went into the restroom to take something and the walls were covered with shit, so I left.

Oh aand now they want me to stop taking my vitamins to have one, oh this one only goes halfway in. Not gonna cooperate without a ride, and they won't give me rides to see my doctors cuz I'm not in a wheelchair so I don't feel llike cooperating. I just got rides to the va from a Navy veteran who is married to the woman who is taking care of me now, so I'm gonna see my dentist which I really need to do after all the crappy food I was served in the nursing and assistive liveng homes. He wll also drive me to LA for my veterans in film and TV nmeeting and a couple other related meetings, and since he is a buckeye too, we're planning a road trip to Ohio. I have just told him about militaary facilities on bases where I have stayed in the past and how I find them, so we're gonna choose a route soon so I can find us good lowpriced places to stay as cheap as motels but as nice as hotels. I now can get Space A travel, but he can't, another perk of being a service-connected disabled veteran, but we qlso cqn get stuck with the horrible va fiduciary and he is helping me rrstore my credit ruined by the horrible fiduiary.

I am alomost caught up with my laundry.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Remember my friend who delayed getting his colonoscopy and they found a big lump? The bad news is he has to have 1/3 of his colon removed. The good news is he should make a full recovery.

I told him that his punctuation has shifted from colon to semicolon. :peekaboo:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:37 am
Remember my friend who delayed getting his colonoscopy and they found a big lump? The bad news is he has to have 1/3 of his colon removed. The good news is he should make a full recovery.

Bummer but good news for recovery.

:veryhappy:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good midnight, everyone. :hello:

I'm home from the theater and must drag myself off to my trundle bed before I topple out of this chair. :sleep:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:45 am
By the way, the name of this thread stumps me -- what does Americium Interstate Dogme mean? :conf:
Well, Americium is an element with atomic number 95 and there's an Interstate 95. I'd have to Google Dogme, and I'm too tired right now.
Enjoy. Be sure to tell us what you saw and how good it was.
We saw Green Day's American Idiot. I had the time of my life.
99.9% of the time, we do just dance for fun. That's because of our first and only public performance turned into the Showcase Debacle of 2011, which we still haven't recovered from. We had a wardrobe malfunction and that's all I'm going to say on the subject. :wtf: :lol:
No, no, no. If you bring it up, you tell the story. That's in the By-Laws. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 pm
my teenage years of beer drinking and cigarette smoking (he claims this didn't make me a bad kid :conf: )
Why would it?
emma glitch wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm
What is Cologuard.
It's a home test. You basically provide a couple of little smears of stool sample in a kit they give you and you mail it in. If they don't detect any blood or whatever, you're good to go. So to speak.
I haven't had a colonoscopy cuz I went to the va for one and a nasty mouthed nurse took me back to a rooom with four beds with insufficient pricacy inhabited by three male veterans, all old and brhaving badly and thier wives kept giving me the stink eye, I went into the restroom to take something and the walls were covered with shit, so I left.
Whoa. :wtf:
scottydog wrote:
Yikes, that sucks but I'm glad he's going to be okay. What was the lump? Or do they have to wait for pathology to be sure?
Tell him that laughter is the best medicine and then ask for a copay. :lol:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. sinus issues to the wild winds....green goo time coming up. no plans for the next coupla days - til coffee with L on monday.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Back to Mom's house for breakfast, and probably a nap. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:17 am
GM. sinus issues to the wild winds....green goo time coming up. no plans for the next coupla days - til coffee with L on monday.
Sounds like some wild winds picked up here in the last four hours, too.

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:21 am
Attachments
Dirty Dancing.jpeg
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

emma glitch wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm
a nasty mouthed nurse took me back to a rooom with four beds with insufficient pricacy inhabited by three male veterans, all old and brhaving badly and thier wives kept giving me the stink eye, I went into the restroom to take something and the walls were covered with shit, so I left.
This is why you must write your autobiography. Nobody has more "interesting" stories than you!
Last edited by scottydog on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Saturday, all :hello:

This morning I'll have coffee with a friend. Who knows what's on tap this afternoon. Tonight is our Valentine's dance with a live band. I hope it's fun. :dancer:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Green Day's American Idiot.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:17 am
green goo time coming up
Lots of "green" going on around here. :wtf:
RJDiogenes wrote:
No, no, no. If you bring it up, you tell the story. That's in the By-Laws. :lol:
I do remember that clause in the contract, so here goes: Back in 2011, The Wife and I decided to do a public dance routine on Halloween. I dressed up as Dracula and we practiced our routine a thousand times without incident. During our performance, one of us accidentally stepped on my cape, ripping it part-way off mid-routine. Our jaws dropped but we limped thru the remainder of the dance with my cape in total disarray. We haven't performed in public ever since.

Someone gave us the DVD of our performance and we've never looked at it, for 2 reasons. First, because it was humiliating, and second, because we aren't sure which one of us stepped on my cape and we really don't want to know.

Thanks for making me rehash all the trauma. I'll probably need to go see my therapist again :lol:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I will heading to the Cleveland Home and Garden Show with Jen and her mom, today.

I finally took the Christmas tree down, after work. It is in the bin, waiting to go into storage.

I like Green Day. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Will try to get some writing in today (I already have in fact as the internet was down for a while). Other plans are up in the air.
scottydog wrote:
:lol: Glad he's going to make a recovery.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Enjoy. Be sure to tell us what you saw and how good it was.
I actually know enough about their music to get that! :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

I dropped the TV remote on the floor and woke up Chloe. She was traumatized, searching all over the place for the source of the disturbance. It was a good fifteen minutes before she was able to convince herself that there wasn't a home invasion or something. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:01 am
Yeah, there was a lot of that. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:13 am
Thanks for making me rehash all the trauma. I'll probably need to go see my therapist again :lol:
All in a day's work. :D That wasn't so bad, really. Mishaps are common in live performances. I bet you got a big round of applause for soldiering on. :yes:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm
I like Green Day. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:
I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I like a few of their songs, mainly "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." I should invite them to Hargil's when we're done with Sting.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 pm
I actually know enough about their music to get that! :lol:
I wondered if anyone would. :lol:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm
I finally took the Christmas tree down, after work. It is in the bin, waiting to go into storage.
And I thought we were late putting our tree away :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:17 pm
I bet you got a big round of applause for soldiering on. :yes:
There was a smattering of sympathy applause :lol:

Not enough to scare Chloe :wiggle:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:44 pm
There was a smattering of sympathy applause :lol:
Golf claps? Tough crowd. :no: