The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Post by Gary »

Sunny and 69º with winds gusting over 22mph. The forecast calls for a high of 82º with winds continuing through the day.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The wind and the rain died off, but the clowns lingered. I got down to the beach this morning and it was nice, but the battery in my camera died after about five minutes. But it was warm and comfortable, and eventually got up to 68. About an hour ago, it brightened up and we got some sunshine and shadows, but that's going away now. The wind may be picking up again, too.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

The sky is clear and sunny! :sunny:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I forgot to mention that when I went to the beach this morning, the sand was all up the stairs by the sea wall. There must have been a storm surge.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Partly cloudy, high 71F, low 57F.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today in Richmond it will be sunny and 73. Low of 53.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 pm
..the sand was all up the stairs by the sea wall. There must have been a storm surge.
Is that what happens when you get a Nor'easter?
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

76 yesterday with mostly clear skies. Had some wind early on but that let up making for a remarkably pleasant day. Low last night was 47.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The rain came back today, but it was just a light rain with no wind-- oh, wait. My mistake. I'm walking back from the store and the monsoon returned! Pfft. I'm drenched (but I got my brownies). :rain:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:35 am
Is that what happens when you get a Nor'easter?
Yeah, but I think it can happen with any big storm.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Grey skies at 69º with light breezes. We're in for severe thunderstorms during the overnight hours and into tomorrow.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:01 pm
I'm drenched (but I got my brownies). :rain:
:clap: :clap:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Scattered thunderstorms, high 68F, low 42F.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Sunny and very warm. Fortunately there's no humidity yet. High of 85, low of 58.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

77 yesterday with mostly clowny skies no one predicted. Saw some rain off to the east, but never got here. Low last night was 46.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The heavy rain continued all night-- it actually kept me awake for a while. By this morning, it had lessened somewhat and it finally tapered off before noon. It got as high as 52, but it was a chilly 52. It's still clowny out now. I thought I saw some patches of blue a few minutes ago, but they're gone now.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

No thunderstorms overnight, but it was raining in waves during the morning commute, some of which were strong. I happened upon a one vehicle accident during the commute on I-44 wherein an eastbound tractor-trailer hydroplaned and slammed into the concrete barrier. The tractor portion was partway over the barrier, and the resulting collision spewed chunks of concrete and rubble into the westbound lanes. Westbound traffic was backed up almost 3-miles, while we in the eastbound lanes had to fight down to a single lane in order to pass. The westbound line was visible from my office. It took crews until late-morning to clear the wreck.

Meanwhile, it's currently 57º with grey skies and little wind.