Check-in Thread #96: Almost Spring Version

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

jgc
Senator
Senator

Check-in Thread #96: Almost Spring Version

Post by jgc »

Howdy! New thread, new thread smell! 👍

I never did finish reading thru the last check in thread. My phone would have run out of charge before I got to the end.

So, Community Action never returned my calls. I can only assume..... :no:

Other than that, life goes on. Still applying, still trying.

RJ told me Emma wasn't feeling well. GET WELL SOON, EMMA! 💐

And I hope everyone one else is doing well. 🤗
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: Check-in Thread #96: Almost Spring Version

Post by Gary »

jgc needs to check out the Funny/Humorous YouTube videos thread over the the appropriate forum. Meanwhile, Sam responded regarding R's "offer" for splitting the proceeds for the tractor wherein I said I've offered enough deadline extensions and don't have the time or desire to coddle him. If the 17th comes and goes with me stuck with two partial tractors on my property, then they're getting listed on Craigslist. If R tries to sue me -- well, good luck to him. Sam agreed, saying I have everything under control and to holler if I need anything.

Looked at another house today. It was built in 1928 and (surprisingly) has been tastefully remodeled. It's only 978 sq/ft compared to my current home's 1,450; however, I ran some rough estimates and concluded I barely use over 1,000 sq/ft as it is. The two extra bedrooms are merely used for storage of items I rarely use. The kicker is this place is listed as FSBO by a realtor who asks for no agents calling in the listing. I'll call my gal and see if she's game to check on it. If I know her, she is.
Last edited by Gary on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

jgc wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 pm
So, Community Action never returned my calls. I can only assume..... :no:
Aargh. That is so frustrating. It seems like you would have been perfect for them.
RJ told me Emma wasn't feeling well. GET WELL SOON, EMMA! 💐
She is feeling better, although her cough is still a bit rough on her.
And I see that your phone emojis work here, too. :D
Gary wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 am
jgc needs to check out the Funny/Humorous YouTube videos thread over the the appropriate forum.
Indeed, she has a lot to catch up on there, too. :yes:
Looked at another house today. I was built in 1928 and (surprisingly) has been tastefully remodeled.
Wow, nice. I love older houses. Hopefully it still has some of its vintage charm.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. nothing much on todays agenda, as per yesterday.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

And it's back to work. I couldn't remember if it was the weekend or a workday when I woke up this morning. These mid-week days off always disorient me. :loopy:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, all :hello:

Today is Machu Picchu day -- perhaps the most danger climb of the trip, up the holy mountain.

Last night at dinner, I had a bit of a Twilight Zone moment. The Wife's oldest sister is with us, and she finally blurted out how she was tired of me saying that I was going to die on this trip. "If you say you're going to die one more time, I'm going to kill you."

Her words are going to haunt me today.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

There is not much going on in my neck of the woods.

:hello: jgc !
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, folks. :coffee:
jgc wrote:
🤗 to you too, jgc! Don't be such a stranger!
scottydog wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:08 am
Today is Machu Picchu day -- perhaps the most danger climb of the trip, up the holy mountain.
Have fun! I'd love to see Machu Picchu.
scottydog wrote:
Last night at dinner, I had a bit of a Twilight Zone moment. The Wife's oldest sister is with us, and she finally blurted out how she was tired of me saying that I was going to die on this trip. "If you say you're going to die one more time, I'm going to kill you."
:veryhappy:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:25 am
GM. nothing much on todays agenda, as per yesterday.
Cayla wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 am
There is not much going on in my neck of the woods.
Welcome to my world. :lol:
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

I had to put the girls (horses) back in their pens early yesterday because of the rain. Apparently, that meant that Cayli had to rip things apart. She chewed, she pulled on boards and pulled them off the wall! She pulled her mats up and rearranged them, ripping one apart. All because she was bored from lack of exercise, and chilly. It wasn't that cold last night, but it was raining, which puts a chill in the air and she does not like getting the least bit cold. So today, I put them out and left them out, even though I knew rain was coming. It's been light and not much of it, they'll be fine, and just maybe, she won't tear the patches apart (I can't properly fix things until it dries out a bit). I am ready for warm temps!
scottydog: Today we visiting the Temple Del Sol, at the far end of The Sacred Valley. We climbed many steps to reach the top and I almost died sucking in the thin air on the way up. One person in our group is even more afraid of heights than I am, and she clung to the ledges at the top of the trail. Peruvians don't believe in railings. This was good practice for Maccu Picchu which we go to on Wednesday.
I have a strong fear of heights, but years back, when we took a scenic train trip, I actually hung out the window when the train traveled a bridge over a river, and took shots straight down. When I got the photos back, everyone asked who took the shots. It wasn't something anyone thought I could do. :lol:
Cayla: Gary, that guy must be crazy. Be careful dealing with him.
I agree. Sounds more like Gary is the one who needs a bodyguard.
jgc wrote:
Howdy! New thread, new thread smell! 👍
Did you hang a bunch of air fresheners? :as:
Gary wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 am
jgc needs to check out the Funny/Humorous YouTube videos thread over the the appropriate forum. Meanwhile, Sam responded regarding R's "offer" for splitting the proceeds for the tractor wherein I said I've offered enough deadline extensions and don't have the time or desire to coddle him. If the 17th comes and goes with me stuck with two partial tractors on my property, then they're getting listed on Craigslist. If R tries to sue me -- well, good luck to him. Sam agreed, saying I have everything under control and to holler if I need anything.
Craig's list is where we (me) found the Gilson lawn tractors we (me) bought. If we lived near you, we'd happily take your tractors off your hands. :yes:
scottydog wrote:
Her words are going to haunt me today.
Well, you kept asking for it. :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

The big fire made the internal news at Blue Cross. I shudder to think of what the place will look like when I pass by on Saturday.
scottydog wrote:
Man, your first novel is writing itself. :lol:
Elara wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:03 pm
I agree. Sounds more like Gary is the one who needs a bodyguard.
Good idea. He should have invited someone over, and they could have stared menacingly at each other. :blankstare:

:tea:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Facebook's been a bit buggy out my way today.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's the Russians.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Конечно!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Er... Spasiba, Sputnik. :unsure:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Na Zdorovie!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.