The Weather: Is it going to get warmer now?

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: The Weather: Is it going to get warmer now?

Post by Lupine »

58 yesterday with clear skies and on again, off again wind. Got some high clowns after sunset and the low was 36.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Last night was very cold and windy and today it only got up to 30. But it will be in the 60s over the weekend. :mellow:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:38 pm
^There's a story seed. :book:
It does sound like a Twilight Zone, doesn't it?
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:23 pm
Methinks you'll tick over to 7:11 very soon. Hang in there! :thumbsup:
Not tomorrow. Still 7:12.
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:38 pm
You're right. Imagine the apocalyptic change from tidality to non-tidality. There'd be mass extinctions for sure, but could some humans somehow adapt?
Well, we're slowing down as the Moon drifts away, so someday we will be tidally locked and have no Moon in the sky. It will be a very different planet....
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ My guess is that because our nontidality is happening very gradually, species will have time to adapt.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

It was mostly clowny today with temps in the 60s. Tomorrow calls for a high of 65º with storms moving into the area in the late afternoon, which will then be followed by a cold front and possible snow showers Saturday morning.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Rain and wind for the next 36 hours. High 53F, low 52F. This is not the usual weather for January.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Some clowns and in the 60s today. Saturday and Sunday it will be in the 70s! :bounce:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

56 yesterday with partly clowny skies and winds up to 25 mph. Winds backed off in the late afternoon and the low was 30.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Today was clowny and fairly warm, up around 50, but the wind has already kicked up quite a bit, so it was a bit chilly as I worked. It's going to be in the 60s over the weekend, but kind of stormy. I hope I get a chance for some kind of photo safari while it's warm out.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I had no idea we were under a tornado watch from 10am until 6:45pm (today) until I had checked the weather during my lunch. It was so humid during the overnight hours that the roads were wet and the air was thick. I guess the cold air finally moved in after 2:00pm as it looked misty outside with grey skies. The temperature was around 45º and it was drizzling when I left the office at close to 5pm. I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home, and during that time the temperature continued to fall. It was less than 38º when I got home at just after 6pm.

The forecast is calling for snow showers during the overnight hours and into tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ You midwesterners sure do get some wild and woolly weather.

Here in Richmond, it will be gorgeous -- 72 degrees with a few clowns.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Wind Advisory until 1pm tomorrow. Gusts up to 55 mph. Rain, high 65F, low 30F.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Yikes!

54 here with clear skies. Got some high clowns late last night. Low was 30.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:51 am
^^ You midwesterners sure do get some wild and woolly weather.

Here in Richmond, it will be gorgeous -- 72 degrees with a few clowns.
I grew up in the Midwest (northern Illinois). Oklahoma is part of the Southwest. The leading causes for the oddball weather here is the Rocky Mountains cause the winds to push south. Once those winds hit the open plains of New Mexico, the side currents push them eastward where they fight with the warm air from the Gulf coast. If I lived up in the Tulsa area, the weather patterns would be more stable.

Meanwhile, the cold set in during the overnight hours which caused slick spots on the roads. I barely have a dusting of snow, of which the snow on my front walkway has melted. It's currently 28º with winds at 13-mph @ 68% humidity. I've opened the door to let Squeak out and back inside (several times) and have observed that even though it's cold and windy, the humidity helps temper the discomfort. I'm still not going to head to the mailbox!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

We got some rain overnight, but by sunrise we had some patches of blue. Right now it's mostly sunny and 66 degrees. The wind has been getting stronger all day and it will continue overnight and tomorrow. We'll have more rain overnight, too.

But the sun rises at 7:11 tomorrow morning. The world is saved!

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

The temperature made it up to 68F! It is now 45F and raining.

Sunrise here was at 7:52am, and sunset was at 5:18pm. We have now gained 23 minutes of daylight. :yes: