What Dreams May Come.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

What Dreams May Come.

Post by Lupine » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:51 pm

New Thread.

Last night I remember something about being in our local market, but one of the aisles was really crowded and there was word that someone was auctioning off plans for either the B-52 or the B-2. :conf: A friend of mine from high school was there, but he was really old (perhaps I was too) and we were debating which plane they were trying to buy. :conf:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: What Dreams May Come.

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:39 pm

Hopefully they weren't auctioning them off to be used as toilet paper. :lol:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

You're not just clean, you're Cluster Bomb clean!
:bomb:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:23 pm

:lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Weird night with some unsettling imagery. Don't remember a lot of it now, but I do remember one segment where I found mom trying to bury our garbage under the milk-house :wtf: . In another I saw her and dad getting up before me (which had rarely happened in RL) but mom was on crutches for some reason. :conf:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:21 pm

That is odd indeed. I wonder what it means.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Weird one last night. I had come down with Corona virus and was taken away by the police to quarantine. Wasn't scared, as I wasn't feeling bad, but was rather annoyed. And I worried that my aunt wouldn't be able to work the computer without me. Things started getting a little surreal when I reached quarantine as I saw the Sliders and the room I was put in seemed a little like a holodeck.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:27 pm

Yeah, that's kind of unsettling. Didn't the Sliders once go to a world that was ravaged by a pandemic?

I woke up this morning knowing that I had dreamed something weird, but I could not remember a bit of it.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:38 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:27 pm
Yeah, that's kind of unsettling. Didn't the Sliders once go to a world that was ravaged by a pandemic?
Yikes! You're right. We're on Plague World. :Ahhh:
But the good news would be that Wade Wells exists out there somewhere. :D

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:10 pm

I'm setting out on a search right now. :D

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:39 am

Lupine wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:53 pm
Weird one last night. I had come down with Corona virus and was taken away by the police to quarantine.
That's kind of nightmarish -- being imprisoned just for being sick. Welcome to our real world :no:

Okay, my dreams are now being affected by this new TV series Devs which I just started watching. One central aspect of Devs is that it involves time travel without actually going back or forward in time. :geek: Yes, you read that correctly.

So in my dream last night, I'm time-traveling in this way and the images are disturbing and there doesn't appear to be any way of avoiding them. Ugh. :no:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:25 pm

I was just remembering a dream I had a couple or three nights ago. The setting was vague, kind of a cross between an office and an apartment, with small rooms, crowded with stuff. I think my Sister and Mother were there, but my Niece was definitely there and she had a pet bear and a pet tiger with her. I was sitting there quietly, thinking that this might be a dangerous thing.
scottydog wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:39 am
Okay, my dreams are now being affected by this new TV series Devs which I just started watching. One central aspect of Devs is that it involves time travel without actually going back or forward in time. :geek: Yes, you read that correctly.
Time travel without going backward or forward in time? I'm doing that right now. Can I have my own show? :lol:
So in my dream last night, I'm time-traveling in this way and the images are disturbing and there doesn't appear to be any way of avoiding them. Ugh. :no:
Uh oh. What kind of images are they? Is it like visions of the future?

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:49 pm

Ugh. I can't tell you the nature of the images or else there will be SPOILERS about Devs. Let's just say they are disturbing in a multi-universe kind of way.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:14 am

I must research this. I'm going to get Hulu when Orville comes back, but I don't have it now.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:49 pm

Fading fast, but I remember being somewhere and there was this little falcon that was making a lot of noise. It was being cared for by some people- like a wildlife rescue or something. It didn't fly but ran around. I then left by train but the falcon had gotten aboard but no one could find it, only hear it. Then the train ride started seeming like a simulation as the train was running around the dirt roads near my house. Just before I woke up, and the rain was passing my house, a girl I was exceptionally fond of in high school came up and started talking though I can't remember what she was saying at this point.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:47 pm

That's an interesting mix of elements. You could probably make a Sam Spade novel out of that. :lol:

I don't remember a thing about the actual dream (which is probably unfortunate), but I think I've invented a new kind of women's underwear. Imagine kind of a short half slip that's printed to look like beer in a clear mug, and then a kind of ruffle around the waist to represent the foam. :lol:

Jim Gamma
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma » Sun May 10, 2020 8:47 am

Started off in an open square with a team of people (don't know who) doing some kind of recovery mission. I had a large pack on my back. At some point, we had to either scramble through a tunnel or go over a bridge, and due to the dangers of the bridge, my team chose the tunnel. Problem was, it was too narrow to get my pack through so I reversed out - alone - and took on the enclosed bridge.

There was someone at the entrance providing weapons and armour, and at this point I knew I was in a real-world RPG. The bridge was in sections, each of which had a different challenge to overcome, the first being gorilla zombies.

So they began advancing, and I took ten or fifteen out before they got near me. The last one didn't drop so I shot her again, thinking I'd missed. Again she kept moving so I let off two more shots, at which point one of the techs on the sidelines said "He's just shot you four times!"

She made a comment back, then feigned a spectacular death. The room was empty so I moved forward, and had a choice to make. A man advised me that turning right would be more interesting than going forward, so I did so and arrived in some kind of bar. A few nefarious characters were getting too close so I brandished my gun at one and snarled "Back off, buster!"

As I reached the bar, someone asked me if I was/knew the author of something I'd never heard of. With no clues on which answer they wanted (and was thus less likely to get me shot), I asked why. Turned out she was a fan and was trying to use the book somehow to advise a male friend.

I ended up trying to talk said friend out of alcoholism, and at that point I woke up.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sun May 10, 2020 2:53 pm

^That's kind of a trippy one. Love the zombie gorillas. :lol:

I haven't been able to remember much lately.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun May 10, 2020 9:00 pm

^^ I've been trying to remember one from last night, but all I've got is a big tub or pond full of turtles.
Jim Gamma wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:47 am
There was someone at the entrance providing weapons and armour, and at this point I knew I was in a real-world RPG. The bridge was in sections, each of which had a different challenge to overcome, the first being gorilla zombies.
Nice. :lol: The gorilla zombies are definitely a cool idea.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon May 11, 2020 10:04 pm

More vague impressions from last night. It was a hospital dream, mostly resembling BMC, and my old boss Jean was there. Over where the BU should be, there was some kind of construction site and for some reason I was eager to get over there and take pictures before it was too late. In another part of the dream, I went out to my car and found a key in the driver's door lock-- when I looked inside, there were binders and folders stacked on the passenger seat.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Mon May 11, 2020 10:40 pm

^Odd. Like someone was trying to pass information along to you.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon May 11, 2020 10:52 pm

I got the impression that we had the same kind of car and they mistook mine for theirs. I was curious about what was in those folders. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Tue May 19, 2020 3:59 pm

A jumble, but I remember shopping but finding some kind of hold up at the meat counter. Then later someone brought some kind of animal over which resembled a very large and shaggy dog but it had a very human like face. Seemed very friendly.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue May 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Coincidentally, this was in yesterday's comics. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Tue May 19, 2020 10:16 pm

^ :lol: