Re: Check-In 110:sphenic supercentenarian pronic darmstadtium.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

there ya go... get yr teeth into that title!! :D
works done... all clients seen to...day is done. wine is poured corn chips nag open vegan mayo at the ready - 1, 2, 3, WEEKEND for me!!!!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:07 pm
there ya go... get yr teeth into that title!! :D
Supercentenarian is the only one I knew off the top of my head-- I hope to be one someday. :lol:
1, 2, 3, WEEKEND for me!!!!
At last!
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:29 am
I'm glad someone is sleeping more!
I did a lot of nodding off today. Now I hope I can sleep tonight.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:03 pm
a nightmar....one driver, 3 carers 2 locations. driver had to take two carers around one area and another one around a location 20 m inutes drive away....
Sounds like they're still having staffing and organizational problems.
plus one lady got stuck in bed as we had a jam,ed bed rail and it wasnt safe to get her over the rail. arghhhh....
Well, that's better than falling down, anyway.
Cayla wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:25 pm
Elara, I'm with you on the Cream of Wheat...:bleh:
Lupine wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 pm
I like Cream of Wheat. though I haven't had it in years.
The Wheat/Oat debate is getting heated. :unsure:
Cayla wrote:
I also have to make the dreaded phone call to my boss. He and his wife will interrogate me, and try to make it as if I did this on purpose.
You need a less crazy boss. :mellow:
jgc wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:48 pm
I check the county website daily to see where they are on vaccinating folks. I do hope they get an appointment program up and running soon.
The immunization program is going pretty badly, but at least it's happening.
Gotta go check the pool.
For what? :unsure: :cthulhu:

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Re: Check-In 110:sphenic supercentenarian pronic darmstadtium.

Post by Madeliaette »

Well, that's better than falling down, anyway.
agreed.... same client though!!
now if im late tomorrow....itll be because indidnt set my alarm. i probabaly will be awake normal ie a nyway but i may run out to tke out trah and then run back to bed aain....we will see.
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

I watched Soul and was not dazzled by it like I expected to be. I thought it had some issues. Still, the animation these days is mind-boggling.
Maddie wrote: plus one lady got stuck in bed as we had a jam,ed bed rail and it wasnt safe to get her over the rail. arghhhh
Oh my word. How often does this sort of thing happen? How awful.
Cayla wrote: As far as I can tell, I am still healthy.
This is such good news. I think you're going to end up okay. :thumbsup:
Lupine wrote: I like Cream of Wheat. though I haven't had it in years.
I don't even know what Cream of Wheat is. Is it anything like oatmeal? I have that A LOT.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:25 pm
I did a lot of nodding off today. Now I hope I can sleep tonight.
The older I get, the sleepier I get. Now I'm nodding off at least twice a day, sometimes while sitting up on the couch. I'm becoming the old man I used to make fun of :lol:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Well, I took the cowardly way out, and emailed Cruella about my situation. This way, I was able to cover the timeline and details of how Kelly contacted COVID, and what I have been doing to prevent getting the virus, and my plan to get tested on Friday. The Dr. took it better than I expected...He sent an email, telling me to get tested tomorrow and Friday. He said he will pay me for the week :eek: :dance:, and to stay well.

I do not understand why some people, have excuses for getting the test...cost too much, couldn't find a place that does it, takes days to get an appointment, my insurance won't pay for it, etc..... I did a google search, picked the first place I found, and made an appointment for a 20 minute test tomorrow morning. It is at a lab near my work. The schedule was wide open. Their website stated it is illegal for any place to charge for the test. They have to accept whatever insurance pays as full payment, and they have to accept out of network insurances...even if they do not receive payment. It is under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. I made a point to let Kelly know, since she and Aaron made excuses about getting tested in a timely manner.

Anyway, I have developed a persistent dry cough. I wouldn't doubt if I am positive. I feel fine otherwise, and I do not have a fever or other symptoms. I'm pretty confident if I do have it, it will be a mild case. I had all of the severe symptoms a year ago. The persistent dry cough came after being bed ridden and praying for death for a few days. As for Kelly, she is a little better today.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
Oh my word. How often does this sort of thing happen? How awful.
not happened to me before - but this SORT of thing does....we often have some mishap, breakage, flat battery, predicament....
anyways a whole day with n othing in it excet relaxing, recuperaing, and a trip to the plot - and indian food. L is home schooling her grandkids as the schools are shut for Covid and her daughter/sil are working....so no monday meet this week :( but i should get up straight online and with chores laundry etc...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

And it's back to work time. No jury duty again, by the way. Two down, one to go.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:41 pm
agreed.... same client though!!
She's had some bad luck. I'm glad she's home, though.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:29 pm
I don't even know what Cream of Wheat is. Is it anything like oatmeal? I have that A LOT.
It looks like oatmeal, except it tastes good. :lol: You make it with boiling water and can add milk and sugar or cinnamon or whatever. It comes in different flavors, but the original is comfort food for me. It tastes like a Winter morning in childhood.
The older I get, the sleepier I get. Now I'm nodding off at least twice a day, sometimes while sitting up on the couch. I'm becoming the old man I used to make fun of :lol:
Old age is the punishment that young people get for making fun of old age.
Cayla wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:48 am
Well, I took the cowardly way out, and emailed Cruella about my situation.
That's often the most productive way. :lol:
He said he will pay me for the week :eek: :dance:, and to stay well.
That's unexpected and very nice.
I do not understand why some people, have excuses for getting the test...cost too much, couldn't find a place that does it, takes days to get an appointment, my insurance won't pay for it, etc.....
Same reason that people don't go to the doctor in general-- they're afraid of the results.
Their website stated it is illegal for any place to charge for the test. They have to accept whatever insurance pays as full payment, and they have to accept out of network insurances...even if they do not receive payment. It is under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
That's weird, because I have never heard that. The requirements of that act are on payors, not providers, and it only applies to medically necessary testing, so people have to pay for testing all the time.
Anyway, I have developed a persistent dry cough. I wouldn't doubt if I am positive. I feel fine otherwise, and I do not have a fever or other symptoms. I'm pretty confident if I do have it, it will be a mild case.
Most cases are mild, so hopefully that's how it will be.
I had all of the severe symptoms a year ago. The persistent dry cough came after being bed ridden and praying for death for a few days.
I'm glad that prayer wasn't answered. :hug:
As for Kelly, she is a little better today.
I'm glad to hear that.
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:47 am
anyways a whole day with n othing in it excet relaxing, recuperaing, and a trip to the plot - and indian food. L is home schooling her grandkids as the schools are shut for Covid and her daughter/sil are working....so no monday meet this week :( but i should get up straight online and with chores laundry etc...
Well, that's still a better day than yesterday. :yes:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

She's had some bad luck. I'm glad she's home, though.
we are wondering if she should be though we are allotted a certain amount of time to spend with her and it takes longer nearly every time we visit - which is 2 carers 4 times a day. for example our 45 minute slot took over an hour and our 30minute slot took an hour....and thats just yesterday. her care seems to take longer than we are allowed and she really needs constant supervision - she is likley to try to DIY and have an accident.
still nippy - so candle is on - wine for pre-early-lunch drink and on/off computer on/off cleaning going on......
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

^^ A candle can keep your house warm? :eek: :unsure:
Last edited by scottydog on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Monday, everyone :hello:

A quiet day, and maybe my last one for quite a while. I'll do my neighborhood bike ride, work on the encyclopedia project, and make a dozen trips to the attic to put away our Christmas decorations.
Cayla wrote:
The Dr. took it better than I expected...He sent an email, telling me to get tested tomorrow and Friday. He said he will pay me for the week :eek: :dance:, and to stay well.
That's really good news. It's good to see people step up and do the right thing -- especially when it's unexpected :yes:
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:47 am
anyways a whole day with n othing in it excet relaxing, recuperaing, and a trip to the plot - and indian food.
I'm glad you have some time to rest. And Indian food sounds scrumptious :yum:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:54 am
No jury duty again, by the way. Two down, one to go.
That's good news. Maybe you've dodged the bullet :gun:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Old age is the punishment that young people get for making fun of old age.
Karma's a bitch :messiah:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

A candle can keep your house warm?
no, but it can heat the room 1-2 degrees and make it feel cosy to snuggle into a doona on the lounge....
i just created my early lunch - about to have a dessert, rest, then get off my butt.....
Sci-Fi Girl
Lictor
Lictor

Post by Sci-Fi Girl »

RJDiogenes wrote:
scottydog wrote:
It looks like oatmeal, except it tastes good. :lol: You make it with boiling water and can add milk and sugar or cinnamon or whatever. It comes in different flavors, but the original is comfort food for me. It tastes like a Winter morning in childhood.
It is somewhat similar to oatmeal, except the bits are ground smaller than grits, so it comes out as a smooth creamy texture, almost a paste. (Probably what most people either love or hate about it.) I think it is sometimes called creamy wheat farina, though there is a chunkier version of farina that is very different. When I was a kid, we got a brand of cream of wheat that called it "bear mush"! :D

Also, if any leftovers get cold, it turns completely solid, like solid polenta, and you could slice it up and fry it! (Though I don't know if many people do that! :lol: )

SFG
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

After my test, I plan to clean the house, and go for a walk. Kelly is still sick, but looks a lot better. She said she forced herself to drink tons of water, yesterday. I guess telling her she needs an IV for dehydration worked.

RJ, here is the statement on the labs website...COVID-19 RAPID TEST COST
Submit your insurance info online before your appointment. After your COVID-19 test(s), you may receive an Explanation of Benefits letter (EOB) from your insurance company – this does NOT mean you owe a balance to GS Labs for your COVID-19 test(s). Your insurance company’s payment will be treated as payment in full by GS Labs, based on current regulations under the CARES Act and FFCRA. You are not responsible for paying any outstanding balance. If you provided us with insurance information when you registered for your appointment, you won’t pay anything out-of-pocket.

The link to there website is https://gslabstesting.com/covid-19-testing-information/

Maybe it is due to some of the answers I gave on their questionnaire? Dry cough, and exposed to someone with laboratory confirmed covid-19?
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sci-Fi Girl
Lictor
Lictor

Post by Sci-Fi Girl »

BTW, in the previous thread I obviously figured out the picture upload problem (as I said it was symbols in the filename).

But just for future reference, what is the file-size limit for picture uploads? It doesn't say?

SFG
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, end-timers. :mask:

I might hit our local market today to pick some things up. Other than that life goes on.
Sci-Fi Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:26 pm
Also, if any leftovers get cold, it turns completely solid, like solid polenta, and you could slice it up and fry it! (Though I don't know if many people do that! :lol: )
My grandmother used to.
Sci-Fi Girl
Lictor
Lictor

Post by Sci-Fi Girl »

Lupine wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:58 pm
Sci-Fi Girl wrote:
My grandmother used to.
Cool! I had heard you could do that, but I never knew anyone who did! B)

SFG
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good afternoon. :hello:

House sitting. RJ, when I check the pool, I check the water level. If it falls below a certain point, I have to add water. Steve always leaves the hose and stuff set up so I don't have to worry about that.

It's a beautiful day. I think I'll take my crocheting and book and sit out on the lanai.

I have a grocery delivery tomorrow morning and Wednesday I need to go for blood work. I have a Dr appt next week, and thank goodness I put it in my calendar last July when I made the appointment, because I can't find where it was written down. :blush:

Hope you all have a nice day. :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I can't wait till I'm not working Mondays anymore. :dead:
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:23 am
we are wondering if she should be though we are allotted a certain amount of time to spend with her and it takes longer nearly every time we visit - which is 2 carers 4 times a day. for example our 45 minute slot took over an hour and our 30minute slot took an hour....and thats just yesterday.
Presumably the schedulers know this. Are they likely to schedule more time for her, or are they limited in what they can do?
she really needs constant supervision - she is likley to try to DIY and have an accident.
That sounds familiar. :(
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 am
and make a dozen trips to the attic to put away our Christmas decorations.
I'd do one a day for two weeks. :lol:
That's good news. Maybe you've dodged the bullet :gun:
I hope so. I really don't want to go into Boston during the plague.
Sci-Fi Girl wrote:
It is somewhat similar to oatmeal, except the bits are ground smaller than grits, so it comes out as a smooth creamy texture, almost a paste.
That's true, it's much smoother than oatmeal.
I didn't know that, but the remains are a real pain to clean out of the bowl if you don't rinse it right away. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:37 pm
Maybe it is due to some of the answers I gave on their questionnaire? Dry cough, and exposed to someone with laboratory confirmed covid-19?
That's interesting. It's definitely a valid reason to get tested, but as far as I know the legislation requires the insurance company to swallow the cost, not the providers. Of course, they might be just trying to look good by saying they'll waive a cost they won't have. The "If you gave your insurance info" part might be a loophole, too-- they might not accept insurance for anything they feel is administrative or convenience.
Sci-Fi Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 pm
But just for future reference, what is the file-size limit for picture uploads? It doesn't say?
One megabyte, although that could change if I change it.
jgc wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:13 pm
RJ, when I check the pool, I check the water level. If it falls below a certain point, I have to add water.
Oh. I was hoping it was a giant squid or alligator people or something. :mellow:
It's a beautiful day. I think I'll take my crocheting and book and sit out on the lanai.
I wish I had a lanai. I have no idea what it is, but I wish I had one.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

There's a rumor at the bank that COVID is hitting Lucerne Valley hard right now.
I counted 8 people in the market without masks. :mellow:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Coincidence? I think not. :no:

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Today was a good day. I got some writing done. Tomorrow I need to start prepping for spring classes which begin next week.
Sci-Fi Girl wrote:
scottydog wrote:
It looks like oatmeal, except it tastes good.
Since I like oatmeal, I'm very much in favor of eating cream-colored paste in the morning :lol: I'll give Cream of Wheat a try, assuming they make a microwavable version that can be cooked in 1 minute like my oatmeal.
Lupine wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:58 pm
Good morning, end-timers. :mask:
This is just the beginning of the end, so you may call us pre-end timers, or better yet, rear-end timers :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:09 pm
I wish I had a lanai. I have no idea what it is, but I wish I had one.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is clueless about what a lanai is. Could it be a screened porch?
Lupine wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:34 pm
There's a rumor at the bank that COVID is hitting Lucerne Valley hard right now.
I counted 8 people in the market without masks. :mellow:
I just looked and the COVID rate is sky high in San Bernardino County right. In fact, almost every county in Calif :no: Here's a map of the COVID rate in every county in the US
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
creamy wheat farina
sounds like what we call semolina...i used to cook that up for my son when he was young - but i tend to lower my wheat consumption these days and not eat much cereal at al.l
Presumably the schedulers know this. Are they likely to schedule more time for her, or are they limited in what they can do?
we dont actually have schedulaers... we HAD an office manager, we got an office junior and the office manager too a 5 week sickie...the office is currently run by the boss who doesnt listen to anyone and expets us to fit the client into the time slot given, th area manager who tries to please the boss but does listen to us - sometimes, and the office junior who has no idea what shes doing and tries to pease the boss and doesnt know thing about the cients needs, the driving time, the whole thing but tries her best...

i wont be cleaning for \J til the latest lockdown ends as she needs to isolate as best she can. her husband is staying hom more ad she is only having 2 visits from carers instead of three a day....but no cleaner viit .

so i have another free day and may trot to the famr store. yesterday i popped to the plot breifly.
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

Quiet day. Read some of the continuing saga of the insanity caused by the idiot in office, decided not to read too much so I could sleep tonight. Yet, here I am, 1am, wide awake. :lol: I'm probably awake because I have to go to the lawyer's today, sign some more papers. I thought I signed everything two months ago! And with all the delays this lawyer caused, he had the nerve to note in his letter, that he really wants this to be over. I plan on reading everything he hands me to sign, not feeling any trust with this guy.
Cayla wrote:
Elara, I'm with you on the Cream of Wheat...:bleh:
I do, however, love oatmeal...with cinnamon, a small dash of ground cloves, dried cranberries, and either almond sliver or chopped pecans.
I doctor the oatmeal, too. I'm afraid there is nothing I could to Cream of Wheat to make it palatable. :bleh:
Lupine wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 pm
I like Cream of Wheat. though I haven't had it in years.
My mother used to make it for us on a few occasions in the mornings. I just did what I did with the prune juice she'd give us, gave it to my brother. :D
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:25 pm
The Wheat/Oat debate is getting heated. :unsure:
Well, they are both better warm. ;) Oh, and I like both over easy and sunny side up. :yes:
Cayla wrote:
Well, I took the cowardly way out, and emailed Cruella about my situation.
Cowardly, or safest way? ;)
Cayla wrote:
I do not understand why some people, have excuses for getting the test...cost too much, couldn't find a place that does it, takes days to get an appointment, my insurance won't pay for it, etc.....
We have a testing site 25 miles away, but it's only open about 4 hours at a time, and the days of the week keep changing. Luckily we have become hermits and constantly disinfecting everything. :yes: So far, no exposure that we are aware of, so I don't have to worry about figuring the place out. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Anyway, I have developed a persistent dry cough. I wouldn't doubt if I am positive. I feel fine otherwise, and I do not have a fever or other symptoms. I'm pretty confident if I do have it, it will be a mild case. I had all of the severe symptoms a year ago. The persistent dry cough came after being bed ridden and praying for death for a few days. As for Kelly, she is a little better today.
Hopefully it's just a cold.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Hopefully today will be somewhat less psychotic than yesterday.
scottydog wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:10 am
Since I like oatmeal, I'm very much in favor of eating cream-colored paste in the morning :lol: I'll give Cream of Wheat a try, assuming they make a microwavable version that can be cooked in 1 minute like my oatmeal.
I don't know about that. Mine comes in little packets. I'll have to check next time I go to the store.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is clueless about what a lanai is. Could it be a screened porch?
That would be good. I love screened porches, screenhouses, and gazebos and stuff.
Wow, a map of America that's all red. The Donald will take that as a show of support. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:05 am
we dont actually have schedulaers... we HAD an office manager, we got an office junior and the office manager too a 5 week sickie...the office is currently run by the boss who doesnt listen to anyone and expets us to fit the client into the time slot given, th area manager who tries to please the boss but does listen to us - sometimes, and the office junior who has no idea what shes doing and tries to pease the boss and doesnt know thing about the cients needs, the driving time, the whole thing but tries her best...
Total chaos, and the patients pay the price.
Elara wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:11 am
Read some of the continuing saga of the insanity caused by the idiot in office, decided not to read too much so I could sleep tonight. Yet, here I am, 1am, wide awake. :lol:
I suspect a lot of people are losing sleep.
I thought I signed everything two months ago!
There are always more papers to sign.
Well, they are both better warm. ;) Oh, and I like both over easy and sunny side up. :yes:
Whew! Common ground.
We have a testing site 25 miles away, but it's only open about 4 hours at a time, and the days of the week keep changing.
What are they doing with vaccines in your area?

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Chewsday, all :hello:

Today I'm prepping for Fall classes plus two Zoom meetings about the encyclopedia and another writing project.

People are beginning to be concerned here about the FBI warning that all 50 US state capitols may attract armed protests starting this weekend. We live six miles from the capitol building so we'll be safe. But it's still disconcerting.
Elara wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:11 am
Well now you've introduced grits into the Cream of Wheat vs Oatmeal debate. Being a southerner, my wife LOVES grits, which is cream of corn, basically. And she loves adding poached egg with her grits.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:57 am
Hopefully today will be somewhat less psychotic than yesterday.
I'm glad they have you to make situations less psychotic.... or at least psychotic in a different way :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:57 am
Wow, a map of America that's all red. The Donald will take that as a show of support. :lol:
I've been following that map since last spring. It's never been all red before. Until November, it was mostly yellow and orange with some red splotches here and there.