Re: Check-In 110:sphenic supercentenarian pronic darmstadtium.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Re: Check-In 110:sphenic supercentenarian pronic darmstadtium.

Post by Madeliaette »

yehhh the office m anager is finally back on situ... maybe things will start running smoothly again soon!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Oop! I forgot to check back in yesterday. My test was negative. The test drained the one side of my sinuses. I'm going to have them swab the other side, when I get tested this weekend. I think the dry cough was from all of the Lysol I have inhaled in the past several days. The Lysol will prevent me from catching COVID, but will probably give me some sort of cancer in about 10 years.

Other than the going for the test, I didn't do too much, yesterday. I caught up with some friends, via phone, text, and FB Messenger. I also took Brutus for a walk around the block, and in the cemetery across the street.

Madeliaette, it sounds as if you have a typical employer. The upper level has no clue what it is really like for the actually workers...the ones who do the job that brings in the profits. Do not let it disturb you inner peace.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good morning. :hello:

Well, my groceries got delivered by Wilmer. Although the ibuprofen and the paper plates I ordered were "out of stock" and there was no substitute for them. Perhaps because they were the store brand? :shrug: Anyway, the refrigerator stuff is upstairs and put away.

Need to get going. It's not such a nice day today as yesterday, so there will be no sitting out in the screened-in area around the pool today. Yesterday was 70 degrees and sunny. Today is 59 degrees and cloudy. :(

I don't seem to be getting anything done around here this week. :no: Oh well, it's not going anywhere.

You all have a good day.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^ it makes it easier when you have things properly planned - as i dont have to step in to tell the drivers were to take us, but let them go along their lists. if i had not stepped in to 'boss' the drivers a few times, we would have been too late for regular meds, too early for some clients to want to get up, too late for others to eat... as long as we know which clients are on the list a day or two before - which we havent done recently - we can contact the office to let them know if the order isnt right for them...when the office shuffle the client calls around over night and we wake up to find a mess - WE have to sort things out - or the clients are not happy. I predict we MAY actually have a rota for the following mon-sun arrive this friday!! We finally have someoe to liase with if the rota/calls list is stuffed at any raet! i beleive i m ay be working a full day tommorrow and thursday too - rather than 1 call tomorrow and clashing calls in various locations thursday...
crashes into jgc - sorry! :blush:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Is it only Tuesday? Yesterday felt like Tuesday. :unsure:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:17 am
People are beginning to be concerned here about the FBI warning that all 50 US state capitols may attract armed protests starting this weekend. We live six miles from the capitol building so we'll be safe. But it's still disconcerting.
Be careful regardless. Eventually one of these protests will spin seriously out of control.
Cayla wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 pm
Oop! I forgot to check back in yesterday. My test was negative.
Woot! :dance:
Cayla wrote:
I think the dry cough was from all of the Lysol I have inhaled in the past several days.
Lysol? Didn't they used to carry that in markets? :unsure:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Our neighbor's son came over today and said that Lee (our neighbor) has COVID. :no: Said Lee was "touch and go".
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I had another one of my training sessions today. I try to throw out some amusing remarks to keep everybody happy while I pour facts over their heads like cold water, and sometimes they get in the spirit and sometimes I'm greeted with silence. Today's group was pretty good.
scottydog wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:17 am
People are beginning to be concerned here about the FBI warning that all 50 US state capitols may attract armed protests starting this weekend.
That should go over well in Boston. :lol:
Being a southerner, my wife LOVES grits, which is cream of corn, basically.
I don't like grits, but I love creamed corn. Oops. I hope jgc doesn't read that. :unsure:
I'm glad they have you to make situations less psychotic.... or at least psychotic in a different way :lol:
Psychotic, but happily psychotic. :loopy:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 pm
yehhh the office m anager is finally back on situ... maybe things will start running smoothly again soon!
That's good to hear.
Cayla wrote:
Oop! I forgot to check back in yesterday. My test was negative.
That's somewhat surprising, but wonderful news. :yes:
I think the dry cough was from all of the Lysol I have inhaled in the past several days. The Lysol will prevent me from catching COVID, but will probably give me some sort of cancer in about 10 years.
Do you wear your mask when spraying the Lysol? In any case, I wouldn't worry. If Lysol caused cancer, my Mother would have been dead fifty years ago. :lol:
jgc wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:26 pm
It's not such a nice day today as yesterday, so there will be no sitting out in the screened-in area around the pool today.
Is that the lanai?
I don't seem to be getting anything done around here this week. :no: Oh well, it's not going anywhere.
That's my problem: I don't do anything and it doesn't go anywhere. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm
^ it makes it easier when you have things properly planned - as i dont have to step in to tell the drivers were to take us, but let them go along their lists. if i had not stepped in to 'boss' the drivers a few times, we would have been too late for regular meds, too early for some clients to want to get up, too late for others to eat...
The clients are lucky they have a carer who is so attentive to what they need.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:45 pm
Is it only Tuesday? Yesterday felt like Tuesday. :unsure:
Same here. I almost put the trash out this morning.

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Got some writing done and some exercise done today. Pretty standard issue.
Cayla wrote:
My test was negative.
Congrats! How odd that such positive news is called a 'negative' result :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 pm
Our neighbor's son came over today and said that Lee (our neighbor) has COVID. :no: Said Lee was "touch and go".
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this. How old is he? Does he have medical issues?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:58 pm
I try to throw out some amusing remarks to keep everybody happy while I pour facts over their heads like cold water, and sometimes they get in the spirit and sometimes I'm greeted with silence. Today's group was pretty good.
I'm glad it went well this time. Every class I teach has a different personality. Usually the students participate well and laugh at my corny jokes. When I get a dud of a class, it can be a loooong semester. Fortunately that rarely happens.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm off to work in a mo... still disorganized as she has been away for so long nd doesn t yet kn ow the clients needs....sigh.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Almost halfway there. This has been a long week so far.
Lupine wrote:
That's awful. That hits pretty close to home. I hope he manages to pull through.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:01 am
I'm glad it went well this time. Every class I teach has a different personality. Usually the students participate well and laugh at my corny jokes. When I get a dud of a class, it can be a loooong semester. Fortunately that rarely happens.
I can imagine. Just doing it for an hour is torture for me. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:53 am
gm off to work in a mo... still disorganized as she has been away for so long nd doesn t yet kn ow the clients needs....sigh.
At least you know things will be improving.

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

The Board of Health finally called me yesterday, to inform me that I have been exposed....Um, I know. I had been exposed for 9 days. Anyways, they emailed my letter, stating that I am under a mandatory quarantine until 1/19. I'm officially not allowed to leave my house for anything....not even a walk. :(

I'm using this new free time to call all of my elderly friends. I'm finding that many are feeling lonely and isolated, due to the pandemic. :(

Lupine, I do not about where you live, but here, it is hard to find any name brand hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray, and germ killing cleaning products. What we are being sold is the stuff made in China that smells like tequila. It is not real. If I find a name brand or it's "normal" generic brand, I purchase it. Any type of disinfectant spray has been scarce for months, here. BTW, I hope your neighbor pulls through the virus.

The highlight of today, will be a webinar on Procrastination and How to Live a Stress Free Life. :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, all :hello:

This morning I have a training session for an.hour on the new classroom equipment. Apparently there's new technology involved in teaching the hybrid method. It's supposed to be nice and warmish today, so I'll go to 3 Lakes Park for a nice long walk.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 am
This has been a long week so far.
Next week, with the chaos surrounding the inauguration, could be a long one, too. :unsure:
Cayla wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:40 pm
The Board of Health finally called me yesterday, to inform me that I have been exposed....Um, I know. I had been exposed for 9 days. Anyways, they emailed my letter, stating that I am under a mandatory quarantine until 1/19. I'm officially not allowed to leave my house for anything....not even a walk. :(
That seems a bit unreasonable. By the 19th, it will have been 15 days since you were exposed, right? :conf:
Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary »

Got my hair cut last night. Ahhhhhhhh, I feel more human. I'm on PTO today and have to run to the office yet again to get a working collector laptop. The one I have has no settings to connect to a network. I've tried locating the settings to turn of WiFi, and nothing. No settings which indicate it has a physical network card, so I can't connect to my router using a cable.

Once I finish there I have some plastic and cardboard to drop off at a recycling center. Then, empty my oil collection bucket at O'Reilly's. Both the Mazda and the Jeep are coming up due for oil service.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

At least you know things will be improving.
one day... not yet. another complication today. im on with the carer thats late and spends too long e verywhere... so i stand/sit around waiting half the day. we had another ambulance call to make this morning, and the other carer also had to call after hours dr on another client.... at this rate theyll; all be in hospital!
apparetnlty we ar e getting n ew contracts...i never had one anyway.
we did all get a bag ofPPE and are no w resonsible for alerting the office when we run low, rather than grabbing a handfull from the company car when we run out. we are also appare ntly getting a coordinator who will sort out the rotas as of net monday.... hmmm....will see.....
#(unconvinced)
lunch break now... then 4 calls this evening - wouldbe have been 6 but two are to the aldy whos gone to hospital.

Cayla that must suck - L and I were talking ab out whow we could cope if we were stuck at home... neither of us could handle it easily - i planned to spend time in the back yard/poly tunn el and spring clean , but....anyway we should also get our monthly packs of covid tests tonight or tommorrow... once again, we will see... they were promised us back in november.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, yokels. :coffee:

Need to hunt groceries today.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:01 am
Lupine wrote:
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this. How old is he? Does he have medical issues?
Don't know. He is a bit heavier than he should be.
Cayla wrote:
Good morning!

Wow! :eek:
Cayla wrote:
Lupine, I do not about where you live, but here, it is hard to find any name brand hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray, and germ killing cleaning products. What we are being sold is the stuff made in China that smells like tequila. It is not real. If I find a name brand or it's "normal" generic brand, I purchase it. Any type of disinfectant spray has been scarce for months, here. BTW, I hope your neighbor pulls through the virus.
We're getting small bottles of Purell at our market along with large jugs going for $25 a pop. There are a lot of Chinese imports. As for Lysol there was a small selection at our market a few months ago with small cans selling for $9. I haven't seen them anywhere else in almost a year now.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I may not have COVID, but I do have Sleeping Sickness. :sleep:
Cayla wrote:
Ouch. What will you do for food? Home delivery?
Lupine, I do not about where you live, but here, it is hard to find any name brand hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray, and germ killing cleaning products.
Have you tried Amazon? I've gotten a few things through them that were hard to get at the store, and they do list disinfectants like Lysol.
The highlight of today, will be a webinar on Procrastination and How to Live a Stress Free Life. :lol:
I plan to watch that eventually.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:49 pm
Apparently there's new technology involved in teaching the hybrid method.
They're going to turn you into a Hologram.
That seems a bit unreasonable. By the 19th, it will have been 15 days since you were exposed, right? :conf:
About two weeks. That seems about right.
Gary wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:46 pm
Both the Mazda and the Jeep are coming up due for oil service.
That reminds me that I have to get a sticker this month. Bleah.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:00 pm
we had another ambulance call to make this morning, and the other carer also had to call after hours dr on another client.... at this rate theyll; all be in hospital!
What happened to these two?
we did all get a bag ofPPE and are no w resonsible for alerting the office when we run low, rather than grabbing a handfull from the company car when we run out. we are also appare ntly getting a coordinator who will sort out the rotas as of net monday.... hmmm....will see.....
Fingers crossed. At least they're working on it.
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:53 pm
Don't know. He is a bit heavier than he should be.
Any more news today?

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Looks like the family has been gone most of the day.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I suppose that would be the case whichever way things are going.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Had a great walk around 3 lakes park today and I'm almost finished with my Queens Gambit booklet. Just getting it finalized on Amazon's platform tonight.

We've decided to do a long weekend in Beaufort, SC, staying at our good friends' house there. We'll leave in the morning.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Hi everyone! :hello:

Went to the gas station, then drove down to Grand Island to check on the house.

As I was driving through the development, there was a sandhill crane in the middle of the road. I had to slow to a crawl and drive around it. There was another one standing on the corner like he keeping watch. Maybe it was waiting for.... something.... :shrug:

On my way out of the development later, they were standing on a neighbor's lawn. And there were two more in the middle of the street farther down. They were so close I could have touched them as I drove by.

And that was the only thing of note today.

Yes RJ, the lanai is the area by the pool. I have no clue why it's called that.

Lupy, hoping your neighbor pulls through. 🤞

BTW, I hate grits and despite creamed corn. 🤢
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

^^ It's amazing we eat any of these creamed things. They tend to be tasteless unless you add sugar, salt, fruit, or whatever.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm off to work soonly
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

ok morning shift ran smoothly and with only two client calls i now have a 2 hr coffee break before my two lunchtime calls.
what happened yesterday was that on arrival to one client they were found snoring/unwakable - unresponsive - so we called the ambulance, at an other client they had a new serious problem and so we called after hours to get a dr to check it out. the first one went to hospital - meaning we had three less calls in the day but the second was watiing all day for the call so needed more timw spent with them
we have now learned that one of our cliebts has Covid and is in hospital... so our weekly tests finally arriving after 2 months of prom ising are in the nick of time. i am taking my covid test tomorrow morning between shopping and hiking with L. i shall stand well away from her - just in case.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I don't care what anyone says, today is Friday! It's calendar fraud! :viking:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 am
We've decided to do a long weekend in Beaufort, SC, staying at our good friends' house there. We'll leave in the morning.
Have a safe trip. :hello:
jgc wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:10 am
As I was driving through the development, there was a sandhill crane in the middle of the road. I had to slow to a crawl and drive around it. There was another one standing on the corner like he keeping watch. Maybe it was waiting for.... something.... :shrug:
Sounds like another uprising in the works.
BTW, I hate grits and despite creamed corn. 🤢
I knew about the creamed corn. I try to never mention it.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 am
^^ It's amazing we eat any of these creamed things. They tend to be tasteless unless you add sugar, salt, fruit, or whatever.
Cr**m*d c*rn is pretty tasty.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 am
what happened yesterday was that on arrival to one client they were found snoring/unwakable - unresponsive
That's odd, but I suppose the snoring is a good sign.
the second was watiing all day
They had to wait all day for a doctor to respond to a serious problem?
we have now learned that one of our cliebts has Covid and is in hospital... so our weekly tests finally arriving after 2 months of prom ising are in the nick of time. i am taking my covid test tomorrow morning between shopping and hiking with L. i shall stand well away from her - just in case.
Yikes. Good luck. Summer and vaccines can't come soon enough.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, all :hello:

We'll leave at 9am to make to 6 hr drive down to Beaufort, South Carolina. It's so nice to have friends we trust to be safe to mooch off of :lol: Palm trees here we come.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 am
i am taking my covid test tomorrow morning between shopping and hiking with L. i shall stand well away from her - just in case.
I hope you're okay. The last thing you need is to get COVID.
jgc wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:10 am
I just looked at a google-image of a sandhill crane and they're quite big and beautiful. :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:41 am
Have a safe trip. :hello:
Thank you. We're looking forward to getting away :car: