Re: Check-In 110:sphenic supercentenarian pronic darmstadtium.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Re: Re: Check-In 110:sphenic supercentenarian pronic darmstadtium.

Post by Gary »

:hello:

I've been very busy this week. I started some detective work regarding the status of my parents' home. Seems the website of the realtor that is listing the house is set up to pick up homes which are owned by HUD. The agency is not actually contracted to represent the principle. So, I started off with the help of our compliance person in my office, who is an attorney. Her job allows her access to courts via certain subscriptions for access to data which is generally not published online. We determined I would have to contact the Recorder's Office in the county where the house is located to see what I could get. A *very helpful* lady in the office sent me a plethora of documents related to the property. I poured over the documents and concluded the mortgage is held by HUD. So, my next step was to contact HUD and plead my case to see if I can purchase the property.

My first call, to the office in Chicago, was returned about two hours later from a very police gentleman. He affirmed the property is owned by HUD and that I would have to contact the FHA section of the agency (he did give me the number). AWESOME. I called that number and left a message for someone to return my call. A few hours later, I got antsy and opted to call again. This time, I opted to wait in the queue to see what happened. It was about a 10 minute wait when a live agent answered the call. After he recorded my information (name, telephone number, and address) I explained the entire story. He was very patient, understanding, and courteous. Unfortunately, he is a front-line person and could only give me a limited amount of information. He and I concluded there is a problem with the status of the property since my mother passed in 2018 (dad passed in 2014) and the property is still in limbo. Unfortunately, I thought I was putting him on mute for a moment and I disconnected the call. I feel really bad about that because he was extremely polite and helpful.

So, lawyer friend and I get back on the case. She starts digging through records (online) at the County Recorder and we discover what appears to be my mother's Will filed two months after her death. The action on the Will shows as pending, which is very unusual considering this was back in October, 2018. The property still shows being titled in both their names, so we concluded the brother who was the Executor of the Estate skipped a step. He seems to have thought all he had to do was throw the keys at the bank and his part is done. Apparently, he needed to transfer the title to the Estate so the mortgage company could then transfer it for proper and legal clear chain of title. This means the property has a clouded title. I will contact the Recorder's Office on Tuesday to get more information regarding the Will that has been filed.

The second person I spoke with at HUD said HUD prefers to divest itself of properties as quickly as possible. So, I shouldn't be worried about the property management company performing repairs or remodels of any type. Based on my oldest brother's comments about his visit last fall, they've cut some of the trees back from the house so that someone can actually walk around the house. My parents were nutty hermits who didn't want any trees cut or trimmed, so the entire property is an overgrown jungle. Hopefully, I can get more movement in the next week to see if I can intervene if my one brother still has legal paperwork to sign.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Another day. :yawn:

My aunt wants me to pick some things up at our local market today. That will probably be it for events.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:42 am
Lupine wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:47 pm
I've been wondering when I can get my aunt vaccinated. Some elderly in the state already are, but out here... :shrug:
It's a mystery here in Richmond, too, about when we're due for vaccinations. There's a lot of disorganization.
Same here. Some people are getting vaccinated, others not. And I really want to get my aunt vaccinated. As for me, with the way things are going I probably won't get vaccinated this year if ever.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:07 am
Okay, it looks like the first day of a three-day weekend. I'm keeping a close eye on this calendar. I don't trust it. :whatever:
I keep mine on the wall in plain sight. It won't pull a fast one on me.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:47 am
Not sure what we'll do today here in Beaufort. There are cute shops but I'm not going in them because of COVID. So we may walk the beaches and the waterfronts which are all quite beautiful. I'll try to take some pics.
Have fun!
scottydog wrote:
If the street was flat and Spanish, then the crane in Spain crossed mainly on the plain. :mellow:
Booo! :veryhappy:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good afternoon! :hello:

Ha! The cranes knew I wanted to take their picture today. They were no where to be seen. :mellow:

I'm all done house checking. They will be home tonight.

Now that vacation is over, I'll have to get back to doing (ugh) chores. My kitchen is a disaster area.

I had blood work done Friday. There are a couple of things off that I can work on. I'll discuss these with my doctor Monday.

Hope you all have a good day. :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everybody. :hello:

My Mother volunteers at her church and the other day she was in there disinfecting the place with disinfectant mist. She came home and was having lunch, and Chloe was being all frisky, rolling around on the table and nuzzling my Mother's hair. Then she went berserk, jumping around and knocking stuff off the counters. Yup, disinfectant mist is a new drug. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
If the street was flat and Spanish, then the crane in Spain crossed mainly on the plain. :mellow:
There's no coming back from that one. :no:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:54 pm
My COVID test was negative, and the antibody test was negative.
Wow, that's surprising, but great.
Madeliaette, please be careful, and do not fall for the notion that COVID is just like having the flu....it is not.
That's true. There's no way to predict how the virus will affect a specific person, although good health is certainly a big help.
Gary wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:46 pm
The action on the Will shows as pending, which is very unusual considering this was back in October, 2018. The property still shows being titled in both their names, so we concluded the brother who was the Executor of the Estate skipped a step. He seems to have thought all he had to do was throw the keys at the bank and his part is done. Apparently, he needed to transfer the title to the Estate so the mortgage company could then transfer it for proper and legal clear chain of title.
Is it possible that you and your brothers already own it, or can claim it?
Lupine wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 pm
As for me, with the way things are going I probably won't get vaccinated this year if ever.
Yeah, I think my demographic is at least fourth on the priority list. :lol:
jgc wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 pm
Ha! The cranes knew I wanted to take their picture today. They were no where to be seen. :mellow:
Very suspicious....
I had blood work done Friday. There are a couple of things off that I can work on. I'll discuss these with my doctor Monday.
My cholesterol and white blood cell count were okay, but my radioactive spider venom was low.

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Today we had fun window shopping, napping, eating, and drinking. :angel:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:54 pm
I watched the entire series of Queen's Gambit, yesterday. Well, minus the last 20 minutes of the last episode, because my Netflix app went out on me, and as it was already 12:20AM, I decided to finish it later today. I loved it! It wasn't what I expected.
Send you me your email address and I'll send you my booklet that gives a psychological analysis of Beth Harmon's hero's journey. :yes:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 pm
Booo! :veryhappy:
:D
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Then she went berserk, jumping around and knocking stuff off the counters. Yup, disinfectant mist is a new drug. :lol:
Seems to me that Chloe is either a very sensitive cat or has some real psychotic issues :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
There's no coming back from that one. :no:
My apologies and thank you for not kicking me out of ReNext.
RJDiogenes wrote:
my radioactive spider venom was low.
But you're still a Superhero to me :yes:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm.... off to work...half day today so be back later
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Hopefully a nice quiet coma day lies ahead. :coma:
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:32 am
Seems to me that Chloe is either a very sensitive cat or has some real psychotic issues :lol:
I think both of these things are true. :lol:
My apologies and thank you for not kicking me out of ReNext.
That's what I meant. Now you can never leave. :lol:
But you're still a Superhero to me :yes:
I didn't think anyone would even get that. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:54 am
gm.... off to work...half day today so be back later
Hopefully it will be a day without a crisis.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^ so far...everything ran smothly. now i'm on coffee break before a plot trot then vegetating away the day...with two days off ahead. time to relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

The only thing I have today is parking lot church service. I am looking forward to getting out of the house. Since I am not handing out bulletins, Brutus will go with me. He has been depressed from being shut in my room all week.

Today, Kelly says she is "super congested", but she made it through yesterday without taking a nap. It is the end of week two of the virus for her.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, all :hello:

Today will be nice and sunny, so we'll venture out and explore more of the "Low Country" as they call it. Who knows what else. We drive home to Richmond tomorrow morning :car:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:49 am
relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That''s a lot of X's. The imagination runs wild :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:54 pm
Kelly says she is "super congested", but she made it through yesterday without taking a nap. It is the end of week two of the virus for her.
Glad to see she's handling COVID the best she can and is on the mend :thumbsup: I have a few friends & family with the virus, too, and they're all suffering a bit to varying degrees but recovering from it.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

been to the plot and came home with a couple of leeks and a bag bursting of huge burssells sprouts - just in case i have to isolate. there is likely to be another 500g-kilo sprouts to go...and a few weeny/leafy 'things' i can use afterwards. i had b-sprouts in veggie gravy for lunch with a half glass of wine...and will have the other half with a mixed veg 'cheese' n chili bake for dinner. just trying to decide if i want to make a crumble or a 1lb loaf...hmmm...crumble = fruit, but bread = tastier.hmmmmmmmm
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, fellow simians. :yawn:

Probably just work around the property today.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good afternoon. :hello:

Did some laundry. It's folded but not yet in drawers. If I walk in the bedroom I know Queenie will be laying on something clean. I also did the dishes. 😒

Well, speak of the devil.... someone is not sleeping on clean clothes. Someone is sitting beside me staring. And purring. Someone thinks this combination will get her some food. Huh. It might even work.

Well, everyone have a good afternoon. I'm almost ready for a nap. :yawn:
Imagine by John Lennon

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Sundays are much more relaxing when you have Monday off.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:49 am
relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I like the sound of that.
Cayla wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:54 pm
Since I am not handing out bulletins, Brutus will go with me. He has been depressed from being shut in my room all week.
"Come on, mom, dogs don't get the virus."
Today, Kelly says she is "super congested", but she made it through yesterday without taking a nap. It is the end of week two of the virus for her.
Good for her. She's very lucky.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:07 pm
Today will be nice and sunny, so we'll venture out and explore more of the "Low Country" as they call it.
Sounds like someplace John the Balladeer might mosey off to.
Lupine wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:49 pm
Good morning, fellow simians. :yawn:
Ook!
jgc wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:04 pm
Well, speak of the devil.... someone is not sleeping on clean clothes. Someone is sitting beside me staring. And purring. Someone thinks this combination will get her some food. Huh. It might even work.
This is why purring evolved. To control the minds of humans.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

We got out and walked around the Low Country islands, wetlands, and shops. That's about it. Plus eating and drinking wine.
jgc wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:04 pm
I'm almost ready for a nap. :yawn:
I got in my daily nap today, too :sleep:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:57 pm
This is why purring evolved. To control the minds of humans.
Yes, which makes me wonder why humans never evolved the ability to purr.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Julie Newmar managed. :cat:
scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:23 pm
^Julie Newmar managed. :cat:
Nothing beats a CatWoman Purr :cat: :woman:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I can purr. Cats love it. :lol:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. a day of vegetation awaits me...trash is out, coffee is being sipped and there is nothing that has to be done at a set time or at all lying ahead...though a trot to the farm store, checking with the office for my covid test results, and baking a 1lb loaf of gsrlic/olive bread are pencilled in.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Just a lazy day ahead....
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:02 am
GM. a day of vegetation awaits me...trash is out, coffee is being sipped and there is nothing that has to be done at a set time or at all lying ahead...though a trot to the farm store, checking with the office for my covid test results, and baking a 1lb loaf of gsrlic/olive bread are pencilled in.
That's about what my day will be like. All I have to do is go shopping.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog »

Happy Martin Luther King Day, everyone :hello:

This morning The Wife and I make the 7-hr drive home to Richmond. The driving weather should be nice. We've had a good long weekend getaway. I will weep when I see the last of the palm trees near the NC-SC state border :sob:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:40 pm
I can purr. Cats love it. :lol:
A real cat purr, or a Star Wars Chewbacca purr-growl?
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:02 am
checking with the office for my covid test results, and baking a 1lb loaf of gsrlic/olive bread are pencilled in.
Let's hope for a negative result on the COVID test.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

no news yet...it can take up to five days and i did post it friday - so maybe they dot work sun day....im not worried tho. i dont have any sym ptoms and am not out galivanting about partying and risking others...i went early to the farm shop and wore gloves/mask, and will spend the rest f the day indoors/in the back yard....

currently baking a garlic-olive loaf - was going to be a 1lb one but i dropped too much flour in so made 1.5lb... oops|! anyways a chunk of that and olive spread will accompny my red wine and be 'lunch'....
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:01 am
Just a lazy day ahead....
Probably the same here. Been pondering doing some shopping before the potential riots on Wednesday. But I can do that tomorrow as well.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:01 pm
This morning The Wife and I make the 7-hr drive home to Richmond. The driving weather should be nice. We've had a good long weekend getaway. I will weep when I see the last of the palm trees near the NC-SC state border :sob:
Have another safe trip! :palm_tree:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good afternoon. :hello:

Started my day with a Dr appointment. Things are doing well. He is going to start me on a low dose of thyroid medication. Truthfully, we spent more time talking about the crap going on in Washington. He also urged me to keep checking the FL Dept of Health and the county department of health for info on the vaccine.

Just got a text. My meds are ready, so I'll be going out to pick that up.

Other than that, not much going on.

Have a good day! :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Well, that was an uneventful MLK day. :yes:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:01 pm
I will weep when I see the last of the palm trees near the NC-SC state border :sob:
They're not allowed to cross state lines?
A real cat purr, or a Star Wars Chewbacca purr-growl?
Sort of a vibrating-tongue-against-the-roof-of-my-mouth purr.
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:11 pm
no news yet...it can take up to five days and i did post it friday - so maybe they dot work sun day....im not worried tho.
You may want to get an antibody test. You may already be immune.
jgc wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:44 pm
Truthfully, we spent more time talking about the crap going on in Washington.
What did he have to say about that?