NASCAR

Football, basketball, baseball, darts, swimming --- name your sport, claim your team, and post about it!

Moderator: jgc

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: NASCAR

Post by RJDiogenes »

w00t!
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

I;ll look for you in the stands, Cayla! :lol:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

It's going to be hot and humid in Michigan on Sunday. Yuck!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

OK, then I'll look for a sweaty you!

Not to nag, but don't forget a washcloth in your cooler, some sunscreen and a hat. A big hat! Maybe like Ashley Judd wore at the Indie 500. :lol:

And, most of all, have a good time!
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
Aleady have all those items are on my list! :)
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I have a sombrero if you need to borrow it.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Yea for Junior!!!!! Tony came in second. :thumbsup:

Hope Cayla and family weren't discouraged by the weather delay. :unsure:
Imagine by John Lennon

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

What was the weather there like?

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

When I turned it on at 1, it was raining and stock cars can't race on a wet track. When I turned it on at 1:30 it was still raining. Then I got busy and forgot about it until after 5. When I turned it on then, the race was almost over.
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

It poured buckets for 3 solid hours there! Though this was my first race, I am a pro at packing for one, since Ron has been to a few. I had ponchos. We played in the rain, and drank plenty of coffee! It was cool to see (and hear) the dryers on the track, so I didn't mind the rain.

We took my stepfather-in-law...it was his first race too! He never was into NASCAR, but he loved the race, and wants to go again next year! I have turned him into a Tony Stewart fan! He bought me and himself matching visors. :lol:

OMG! It was one of the most amazing experiences I have had! I was in awe during the entire race. I much prefer to watch a race live than at home on my TV. The time flew by so fast! If I could go every weekend I would! Loved it, loved it, loved it!

We were on turn 4....got to see Hamlin's wreck up close! We were right at the pit road enterance. And Kurt Busch's car sounded like shit the entire race. It was fun to see him try to make up laps, but still be in the rear. :D

It was rough being a Tony Stewart fan in a group of 11, where 8 of those people are Junior fans. Also, I think our entire section were Junior fans. But, in the end, I wasn't disappointed he won. The way he drove, he deserved it!

The icing on the cake for me....about an hour into our trip home, we stopped for gas right by the highway. As we were pulling out of parking lot I see a Office Depot #14 truck....It was Tony's car hauler! :veryhappy: We road along side it on the highway. When we got up to the cab (with me being hyped up on coffee) I had to hang out the backseat window (in a vehicle going 75mph) and yelled andwoohooed at it. :lol: The truck driver honked and waved at me....I think he was laughing too! :lol:

What an awesome and amazing day!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ That last part is what I would like to see. :veryhappy:

I'm glad you had a good time despite the rain delay. :yes:

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

I knew you'd have fun! And Redneck Ron's driver kept falling back at the end (unless he's switched favorite drivers). I giggled a little about that.

I wasn't disappointed that Junior won either. He's a good guy and it's been ages since he's won. And anyway, Tony came in second.

The one time I went to a race, I took my son, Dennis, and we had a terrible time finding a handicapped parking spot. I kinda wished someone else had the responsibility of parking the van and getting the wheelchair out and all that, but in the end, it was all worth it. After the race, we wandered around some of the souvenir trailers. we had a very good day.
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I must get Redneck Ron to send me the pics he took on his phone to me. He got a nice shot of #14 driving by for me! :sweetlove:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

That was very nice of Hubby!
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
He also bought a t-shirt for me!

My stepfather-in-law said it was the best Father's Day he ever had!

My mother-in-law, who has never watched a race in her life, kept calling us to give us the play by play. Evidentally, she was watching the race on TV( :wtf: ). She called us 10 minutes after the National Anthem was done, to tell us the race was about to start, because they were getting ready to sing the National Anthem. We couldn't get her to understand that the TV had a delay from real time. :lol: