The Picture Thread IV: piccie-tide

Budding photographer, graphic designer, painter, sculptor, drawer? Post your works here, and talk about the works of others.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Picture Thread IV: piccie-tide

Post by RJDiogenes »

I have to remember that Continuous Shoot option. I've never tried that.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:
emma glitch wrote:Good stuff, RJ. :yes: I like the beach ones best, and, yeah, a video would be good. :borg: Okay, it's a borg, but it could be a cameraman!
We could use a camera Smiley, all right. :lol:
We could! :yes:
Hummingbirds and verdin this morning. I got close because it was really cold (for the desert) and they weren't moving that fast yet. :D
Wow, those are great shots. Especially that close up. :yes:
Thanks! I didn't take the camera out this morning because it was even colder, but there were no clowns turning red and pink, and the birds weren't braving the chill anyway. :unsure:
emma glitch wrote:Crow or raven? Can't remember which is which. :blush:
Ravens say, "Nevermore" (and similar words, as you'll see in the Desdemona story :D). Those are incredible silhouettes of the birds in flight, especially that middle one. I don't think I'll ever be quick or steady enough to do that. :eek:
That's what I mean to do, now that I'm home, read Desdemona. As soon as I check in.
RJDiogenes wrote:I have to remember that Continuous Shoot option. I've never tried that.
I think it's the default setting for Sports, but I'm not sure. I like to keep it set because even though I occasionally get two nearly identical shots by accident, it's always ready just in case. I think focus needs to be set to automatic, since once you take the first shot of the bird or whatever it's supposed to keep the focus as long as you keep on it. I think that's how it works. :conf:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

emma glitch wrote:We could! :yes:
This is the only one I could find on the Green Smiley site. :camera:
That's what I mean to do, now that I'm home, read Desdemona. As soon as I check in.
I hope you like it. :)
I think it's the default setting for Sports, but I'm not sure. I like to keep it set because even though I occasionally get two nearly identical shots by accident, it's always ready just in case. I think focus needs to be set to automatic, since once you take the first shot of the bird or whatever it's supposed to keep the focus as long as you keep on it. I think that's how it works. :conf:
I'll test it out this weekend, if it's warm enough.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

(PSSSSST - we are on page 22)
crow/raven/rook/jackdaw =- ID is my problem too, Emma. I can tell a jackdaw apart if they are close - due to their eyes - but not if in flight or its not a jackdaw.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

So we are.

I'm starting to turn into the locker of unruly threads.