iPhoto & Preview -- WTF?

From Astronomy to Zoology, from Bathyspheres to O'Neill Colonies, the wonders of discovery and invention are on topic here.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

iPhoto & Preview -- WTF?

Post by Gary » Mon May 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Every once in a while, after I have transferred photos from my camera to iPhoto and I attempt to resize said photos using Preview, Preview can't locate the newly created event. This has been happening ever since I acquired my Mac Mini, about three years ago. Sometimes, if I merge the newly created Event with an existing event, Preview will be able to find the photos. To add insult to injury, preview will sometimes attempt to display the thumbnail of photos that I deleted from an Event. It's as if a pointer or an index is not being properly updated. I do have a program, called Drive Genius, that I use for running maintenance on my hard drive, but other than that I don't have anything to use for diagnostics. I am running OSX 10.6.8, if that makes a difference.

Any ideas?
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Re: iPhoto & Preview -- WTF?

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon May 28, 2012 9:11 pm

I don't have a Mac, so I have no idea. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

Gary
Patrician
Patrician

Post by Gary » Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:I don't have a Mac, so I have no idea. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?
No, I try to avoid uninstalls and reinstalls whenever possible as it usually results in very bad things.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Interesting. It's a standard trick for fixing things in Windows.
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape: