Hyperlight - Alliance (Short Story Anthology)

Post your original works of fiction here.
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Hyperlight - Alliance (Short Story Anthology)

Post by Jim Gamma »

Earth is now hyperlight-aware, and the Alliance has revealed the secrets of the past to the United Nations. The presence of the Explorers in Exile - descendants of the crew of a Selenean vessel who landed on Earth two millennia ago and integrated with the human populace - is now widely known, as are the activities of several EDF officers on the planet's surface.

The Alliance has opted for complete honesty, both with human governments and with the population. In that spirit, Admiral Vedrix of EDF Command has commissioned a series of ten short stories to give Earth's citizens a fuller understanding of the Alliance, the EDF and the four Trusted humans who were aware of the existence of alien life long before the rest of the planet. Transcribed from a series of interviews by Sakiko Mizushima, with introductions written by those closest to the situation, this anthology is presented to humans everywhere.

From the initial experiments of the Explorer One's crew to reveal their identities to local bands of humans, to the truth behind Roswell, from weddings and birthday parties to the rituals surrounding the Sikara First Contact a few years ago, the EDF and United Nations allow unprecedented access to events that have long been classified Top Secret. It is now up to humanity to decide whether to accept the Alliance's overtures.

PDF - EPUB - MOBI
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Hyperlight - Alliance (Short Story Anthology)

Post by Lupine »

In the PDF version page 14 has a family tree overlapping the text after 2 blank pages. Probably one of those technical goofs we've all had at one time or another.
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

Ah, damn it Scrivener! *sigh* I need to figure out how to fix that... sorry!
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

Fixed as well as I can. Unfortunately Scrivener doesn't handle pics in PDF format very well...
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Looks better.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, looks good, if a little small-- the chart, I mean. Maybe you can export it to OpenOffice and from there to PDF.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

Yeah, if I make it bigger it goes over the page. Not sure why it's doing that. Not going to try putting pics in again... :D