What Are You Reading: The Sequel!

Post your original works of fiction here.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: What Are You Reading: The Sequel!

Post by RJDiogenes »

Cool. You should post in the Author's Thread and see if it's okay with Jim and blab. blab has some books available in paperback and for Kindle.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:^^ What's the plot?

I'm still reading the Clare Winger Harris anthology in between dribs and drabs of other things. It's pretty amazing. The one I read today is about a young, handsome doctor who has it all, but who has the bad luck to be involved in a couple of serious accidents, losing a limb each time. In his trauma, he decides that every time he loses a piece of his body, he loses a piece of his soul. When his girlfriend leaves him for his best friend, he disappears for several years to test his theory-- he comes back as a heartless cyborg bent on revenge. He's defeated by the friend and police, but with his dying breath he realizes that the artificial limbs and organs didn't cost him his soul, but he did it to himself. And this was published in the 1920s.
Yeah, she's amazing, isn't she. I found her book in the room I named the libtary cuz I don't use it as a bedroom. And I will have a splendid time sorting my books.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, that collection was an interesting discovery. Between ebooks and print-on-demand, this is a great age for rediscovering forgotten literature.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:Yeah, that collection was an interesting discovery. Between ebooks and print-on-demand, this is a great age for rediscovering forgotten literature.
It would be for me if I never had to see another capcha.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, we gotta see if Kent can do that remotely.

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

I just finished reading Nam a Rama, it is a wild example of military humor. Phillip Jemmings is brilliant. And now I am reading Paula Caplan's When Johnny and Jane Come Marching Home How All of Us can Help Veterans. Paula is one of my favorite people. She interviewed me a while back, and I met Bill Shinsky cuz she interviewd us at his Coachlella Valley Art Center. She is part of the Listen to a Veteran project. She sets us up with listeners who have agreed not to interru[t us, and not to judge us, let us talk. I have done this twice and it's really great to be listened to like that. I'm gonna bring the book in to show my va psychologist. She says we are not mentally ill, we have a reasonable response to war. Bill is another favorite. his sergeant used to tell him Bill you're no soldier and Bill would tell him I keep telling you that. :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Wasn't that "Listen To A Veteran" project supposed to be on DVD? Was it ever released?

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:Wasn't that "Listen To A Veteran" project supposed to be on DVD? Was it ever released?
I don't know, must find out.

And now that I didn't get to see 12 Strong with my friends in LA at a Blue Star Theater, or anywhere in a Blue Star Theater, I'm gonna print up the information and present it to Congressman Ruiz at his 3rd annual Vetetans University on March 3ed. He is a great Congressman and his dream is to make the Coachella Valley the most veteran welcoming community in America. He has done a fine job of it and he can do this too. With the crappy va fiduciery controlling my money and not letting me have any of my own cash, I need a movie theater where I can go free. Hmm, wonder if I can make a PSA about them and tell veterans to stear clear of them, that would be better than putting them in my novel, but they're going in there too.

Now that I've finsished the book, I really want to see the movie, and I want to read the book he wrote aobut the Tet Offensive.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

emma glitch wrote:
RJDiogenes wrote:Wasn't that "Listen To A Veteran" project supposed to be on DVD? Was it ever released?
I don't know, must find out.
Is this what you refer to?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's it. I remember that "Formerly..." message. I don't see anything about a DVD, though.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

emma is actually right on that page! You can't see her face because of the play button, but she's in the purple shirt.

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:emma is actually right on that page! You can't see her face because of the play button, but she's in the purple shirt.
"Yeah, I made that word up. I like it." :veryhappy:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:emma is actually right on that page! You can't see her face because of the play button, but she's in the purple shirt.
I didn't notice that! :eek:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

emma glitch wrote:"Yeah, I made that word up. I like it." :veryhappy:
:lol:
Lupine wrote:I didn't notice that! :eek:
I didn't either. emma showed me.

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

emma glitch wrote:
"Yeah, I made that word up. I like it." :veryhappy:
I described the listening session as " enlifting".
Hey, listen to Bill Shinsky too. He runs the Coachella Valley Art Center and he's really good.