For those of you who are curious: this server is called Phoenix. It belongs to Lunarpages, a company in Los Angeles. They name all their servers after objects in space instead of giving them a number.
The server is physically located about 2 miles northwest of Disneyland Ca. In the 17 years I've rented a server segment from Lunarpages there was only one single hour that my domain was offline, that was when the server was moved from downtown LA to Anaheim. Theoretically, it may go offline if there's a major earthquake in LA but so far it has experienced several 4.6 quakes without even slowing down.
Every day around midnight PST (8:00 GMT) the board will get a little slow for 5 minutes. That's the time they make the daily server backup. The board will stay online during the backup, it will just be a bit sluggish.
The domain name SDG3 dates back to 2001 when friends of mine were looking for a new server for their board called SDG. I volunteered to host it and since it was the third incarnation of that board the domain was called SDG3. The first board was nicknamed "socially disturbed galaxy", hence the SDG, but later we decided that the abbreviation stood for "simply damned good" . The board does still exist but has been inactive for a decade. It's about the size of ReNext but apart from the index page it is invisible to non-members. (If you'd like to have a look you'll have to register there http://sdg3.com/forum ).
the server doesn't run the software necessary to automatically resize images. As a substitute, there is a new button labelled "rs". With that one you can resize large images to a width of 600 pixels. If you click on the small picture, you will get rerouted to the large picture. Use the back button in your browser to return to the thread.
Alternatively to the button you can also use rs-tags:
Code: Select all
[rs]http://address of large picture[/rs]
- board refuses to accept attachments larger than 2 MB (status: under examination, not yet solved, possibly just wrong settings)
- copy BBcode for videos from old board (status: fixed)
- posting options format buttons not showing (status: fixed)
- third coloured text in post not properly displayed in spite of correct tags! (status: fixed apparently it was just a board hickup)
- image resize (status: fixed YAY!!! (by whom???)
- youtube brackets don't work (status: not yet solved, very likely just wrong settings)