Nussey Mag Podcast

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Nussey Mag Podcast

Post by Renie »

This morning I set up a Blogger blog that will automatically turn whatever featured articles from Nussey Mag that we like into a podcast:

http://nusseymagcast.blogspot.com/

That is, we need to add the posts manually, and then the podcast is automatically created. Cool, eh? :)
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Nussey Mag Podcast

Post by RJDiogenes »

Wow, that's amazing. :eek:

I downloaded the MP3s. What exactly happens when somebody subscribes? It gets mailed to their iPod or something?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

When you subscribe you get sent to a page that gives you options for getting the podcast via iTunes and so forth. It gets downloaded automatically to iTunes when you subscribe to the iTunes version, I tried :D
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I don't belong to any of those options, so I couldn't test them; but it's good that the MP3 download is available. I can't wait to hear what one of my stories sounds like as a Podcast. :eek: :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Awesome! Soon the NM Writers and Editors forum will have a thread about deciding what should go into the podcast, and how to promote it ;)

I need to send invites to Sean and australis, and then fix the broken Contests page, and polish up the other pages. Then there's the sidebar to deal with. We're getting close.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I got a 500 error on the Contests Page. What's wrong with the Sidebar?

I changed my story from "Featured Article" to "Featured Poetry & Fiction" (which is more appropriate), but it bumped your story. Apparently that feature can only handle one item at a time. So I changed it back for now.

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Yeah, the contests page is still broken. And I'm updating the sidebar, no worries! :)

Don't worry about bumping my story, we're still in the testing phase so please mess around as much as you want.

I invited Sean and australis as editors, and also added a blogger friend of mine (my co-blogger on my other blog) as an author.

I also added you three to the new NM Editors and Writers subforum at the top of this forum --- let me know if you can see it, it's hidden to everyone who isn't the in the special NM Editors and Writers group.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yup, I can see it. :yes:

Also, I couldn't get into the Photobucket account last night; it wouldn't accept the Password. No big deal, since I will host my own thumbnails, but I just wanted to check to see if there was a standard size or ratio that I should use.

australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

I can see it!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!!

This means I gotta do stuff!!
*/scrambles off to find stuff, think furiously, and decide what to write!/*
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The pressure is on! :D

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

:lol: No pressure, no pressure ;) We're still not "released" yet, so putter around and map the lay of the land. :)