Nussey Mag YouTube Channel

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Nussey Mag YouTube Channel

Post by Renie »

I opened a Nussey Magazine YouTube Channel and account. I figured as time went on, we might want to have poetry readings, some people might be animation buffs, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NusseyMagazine

Nothing up there yet, but...some day! :)
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Nussey Mag YouTube Channel

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's a great idea. Do you want to cross Post the videos on my page?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Oh hey, that sounds good! I will also give editors the password to the account so anyone can post. I want to try to make the model of the mag as user-driven as possible. :)
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

A youtube channel is a great idea Renie. I'm a bit hesitant about cross posting my videos though. We've been told that we can post YouTube vids of performances, but at our own risk, because it kinda crosses some privacy lines-performing can be a very personal thing. I have no problem posting them here though, because the chance of people other than members here ( the only reason I made the videos in the first place) seeing them is quite low. If that situation changes though, I'll be glad to post them. :)

My teacher is considering an "official" chorus channel, so that anything that goes up goes through him first, which will also fix the privacy issues.

However, if I can ever get a microphone to work, a poetry reading type of thing would be interesting...once someone puts videos up, I'll subscribe to the channel. :yes:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Maybe next weekend I can do another Poetry video. I'll have to think of which one to use....
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Cool. I understand the privacy issues --- one of the decisions every writer of the mag will have to make is whether he/she wants to go by a pseudonym or use their real identities. I encourage real identities, because I'm a crackerjack at controlling trolls (having three other active blogs does that), and because it lends credibility to the mag, but I completely understand if someone isn't comfortable using his/her name.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Renie wrote:Cool. I understand the privacy issues --- one of the decisions every writer of the mag will have to make is whether he/she wants to go by a pseudonym or use their real identities. I encourage real identities, because I'm a crackerjack at controlling trolls (having three other active blogs does that), and because it lends credibility to the mag, but I completely understand if someone isn't comfortable using his/her name.
I have no issue using my real name, but I want to ensure privacy of my videos. On You Tube, they are currently impossible to find (just how I want them to be), because I've changed the titles from "Hamburg High school Concert Chorale...." to a simple number. If I were to post them on the Mag channel, I'd of course have to use the actual titles, which would lead to them being found by those who have no business finding them. Unfortunately, YouTube is still the best video sharing option...but everyone and their brother is on it now... I can still post them here though. :)
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008