Check In Thread #9

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Re: Check In Thread #9

Post by Sean »

I'm really sick of this house. I apparently can't do anything right, so I guess I'll stop trying. My dad asked me to mow the lawn today, so I did. Except for the patches of lawn that are directly under trees, where the spiders hang, and a patch where my brother had out and was using his slip and slide. I asked him to move it, but my mother told me that I could do that patch tomorrow, after he was done using it, and when the grass would be dry-she even said that she'd explain it to him when he got home. He comes home, furious that I didn't mow the lawn properly. He usually does the patches where the spidery trees are, but apparently he forgot all about that. He yelled at me for missing the patch where the slip and slide was. He told me I should have asked my brother to move it. I explained what the situation was, but that apparently doesn't matter. I even told him my mother was the one who told me to leave it there, but since she suddenly had to tend to the pot of not yet boiling water on the stove, no one was there to back me up. Not that it would matter, because his orders are of course more important than hers. He screams at me to do the weed whacking instead, while he finishes up the "whole third of the lawn I missed". At this point I'm pissed, but I figure that going out and talking with him would do some good. I don't know why the hell I ever thought that. I get out there, and ask to explain myself, and he brushes right past my explkanation, and launches into a rant about how once we have the money, we need to send me back into counseling to get my fear of spiders fixed. As if I were a car with a broken muffler. So, since I am apparently, in his eyes, an anomaly, or a broken piece of machinery, I have given up trying to reason with him. If he does schedule appointments, I'm not going. You can't force someone to get over a phobia, and I have a strong hunch that he'll use the therapist as an attempt to reprogram me to suit his liking, like he's doing with my mom. She's pretty messed up right now too, mainly because of him, and his unreasonable standards and all mighty attitude. So, he's taking her to get fixed. I'm sick and tired of all this, but there's nothing I can do, because in the end, he has the final say, and there's no way he'll show his true colors to any help we seek. I'm going to refuse to do the weed whacking, which with all luck will get me grounded for the first time in...probably 10 years, so if I'm gone for a while... :mellow: :sob: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad: :bleh: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :selfhate: :selfhate: :selfhate: :selfhate:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Aw. :( I'm sorry to hear all that. That really does remind me of what my house was like when I was a kid. And I had a terrible fear of spiders, too, for a long time. It's too bad you can't get your Dad to go into family counseling with you and the rest of your family. It sounds like he doesn't really have a knack for appreciating other people's feelings. :mellow:

Good evening, everyone. :hello:
jgc wrote:Well, okey dokie. Went to the doctor this afternoon. And I have a virus. You know, I was thinking maybe that's what it was, but the girl at work that had the same symptoms as did got better and so far it's hanging on with me. She wants me home for one more day. She says I should be feeling better by Friday.
I hope so. That's a long time to feel yucky....
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Sorry hear all that Sean. Hang in there, kiddo.
RJDiogenes wrote: I hope so. That's a long time to feel yucky....
Yeah, I'm tired of feeling yucky.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I hope you feel better soon, jgc.

I'm sorry to hear all that Sean. Hang in there.

All the recent drama at work has ended. I'll give you the condense version of the story. A few weeks ago she asked me if I would work Monday through Saturday, so she could hire this other crazy dentist. So far, he has told her 3 different reasons why he sold his original practice 4 years ago....First, he had open heart surgery and was told not to work for 2 years, then he told her went through a bad divorce and lost his practice because of it, and then he claimed the real reason is he had a nervous breakdown. Which is it? The guy is a liar, shallow, pushy, creepy, and all he wanted was to talk about how much money he could make and has made, and his undying love for Beyonce. :wtf: Anyways, I told her no. We had a lunch meeting with him yesterday. It started with her saying, "you guys work out the new schedule". I felt like I was being pressured to give in and say I would work more days. It got to the point where I wanted to just get up and leave, but that would have been unprofessional. So, I did the next unprofessional thing and blew up at my boss right then and there. I told her that she and I had already discussed this and there was nothing else to discuss about it. I also told her that I didn't appreciate her underhandedly putting me on the spot. That ended the meeting. I was pissed off the rest of the evening.

So today, as I was leaving, she corners me and wants to talk. I told her exactly what I thought of him, and surprisingly she agreed. My coworker has expressed to me her fears of working for this guy, but was too afraid to say anything to my boss. Fortunately, because I'm at this point in my life where I just don't care and speak my mind, and had already done so, she ended up telling my boss her concerns. She's not going to hire him. Sometimes I have no idea what my boss is thinking. How could one go through dental school and be so naive?

Two more work days until vacation. It should go by smoothly now.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

RJDiogenes wrote:^^ Aw. :( I'm sorry to hear all that. That really does remind me of what my house was like when I was a kid. And I had a terrible fear of spiders, too, for a long time. It's too bad you can't get your Dad to go into family counseling with you and the rest of your family. It sounds like he doesn't really have a knack for appreciating other people's feelings. :mellow:
Thanks guys. :hug: We all went to family counseling a few years back, but it ended when he accused me of "using the doctor to get him in trouble", when I told the guy how things are around here. He has no interest in family counseling, as far as I can see. Just changing each individual, one at a time. :mellow:

Well, he's finally in bed, and the most recent storm has passed, so I plan on surfing the web for an hour or two, before I turn in. :yes:

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ It will all pass. And you're handling it very well. You just have to be patient, which I know is not easy....

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Cayla, that is great. Sounds like you avoided some big problems by putting your foot down. :thumbsup:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Morning everyone. Amazing what a difference it makes when you sleep an extra hour or so....

I'm going to take this day to rest and relax, although I do need to get to the grocery store sometime this morning.
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning, everyone!

I'm going to spend my day off getting things ready for my vacation. The last of the laundry and packing need to be done, as well as some canning of vegetables from the garden. I should clean the house, too.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Well, I slept in the basement in an attempt to stay cool. Not too sure that worked... :unsure:
:sing:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I'm glad yesterday wasn't as drama filled as Sean's and Cayla's was. The only point of (minor) interest yesterday was a call from someone claiming to be a creditor wanting money for a bill that was already paid. Also I felt a bit hot and sweaty even though the cooler kept it mostly comfortable inside the house.
Hope you start feeling better, jgc.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Lots of sad stories from members at work today. I'm a bit melancholy. :mellow:

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Hey - I just noticed that this thread is way over 500. I'll go start a new one, OK?
Imagine by John Lennon

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oops. :blush: Okay. :yes: