Board move

General announcements.

Moderator: Renie

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Re: Board move

Post by huggle »

indeed. I was trying out several different settings.
I don't have access to the php.ini file since I don't own all the server, just a segment (with unlimited serverspace, though). But if necessary I can override it by defining my own settings for my segment in a special file.

Both on the old board and on TerranBBS (hosted on my domain as well) I was able to upload a 2.9 MB file even though the settings on both boards say 512 kB. I tried it with the identical settings and the identical image on all three boards.
I even made an attempt with 2 different browsers in case it was simply a browser malfunction.
It must be some minor difference in the board settings here that I haven't found yet.

My diabetician is a chocoholic himself and allows me 4 pieces of chocolate a day :) I did overstep that pretty badly this weekend but as my last HbA1c was only 4.3 % I think I can afford it - it'll level out to 5% if I hold back a bit the next month.
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Orpheus wrote:I WILL tell your diabetician. I'll tell her that here are a wealth of studies showing that chocolate and cocoa consumption help prevent/reduce diabetes melitus, cardiovascular disease, diabetic peripheral vascular disease -- and improves immune function.
At the moment of the heat death of the universe, scotty will be sitting on the last surviving asteroid, missing the rest of us.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Orpheus
Censor
Censor

Post by Orpheus »

huggle wrote:indeed. I was trying out several different settings.
I don't have access to the php.ini file since I don't own all the server, just a segment (with unlimited serverspace, though). But if necessary I can override it by defining my own settings for my segment in a special file.

Both on the old board and on TerranBBS (hosted on my domain as well) I was able to upload a 2.9 MB file even though the settings on both boards say 512 kB. I tried it with the identical settings and the identical image on all three boards.
I even made an attempt with 2 different browsers in case it was simply a browser malfunction.
It must be some minor difference in the board settings here that I haven't found yet.
Check your PHP error log (if you have access). If PHP won't allow it, the board settings don't matter.
Similarly the board settings on those other (IIRC, older) boards may be changing a directive that is now obsolete/ignored.

PHP errors may also be indirectly indicated by errors noted in your [local instance] webserver log, which you should have access to.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

ah that's a good tip. Thank you!
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away