welcome and bug list

General announcements.

Moderator: Renie

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: welcome and bug list

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I noticed that resize thing and wondered if there was a connection. There seems to be also a bunch of other codes available to look at to see if they would be useful.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

indeed. I activated the Youtube button which was set to "inactive". And for some reason the font type button still refuses to show. But we're getting there :)

LOL and now it's almost time for Terranchat! Usually I'm in bed by 7 and now it's almost 10. I'll just grab a bit to eat and then join you there :)
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

huggle wrote:indeed. I activated the Youtube button which was set to "inactive". And for some reason the font type button still refuses to show. But we're getting there :)
That's weird. I had already activated the YouTube button a while ago (and used it in Hargil's and Sea Creature Lounge). Also, I can see the font type dropdown up there where it belongs. :conf:
LOL and now it's almost time for Terranchat! Usually I'm in bed by 7 and now it's almost 10. I'll just grab a bit to eat and then join you there :)
Cool. It will be nice to see you there. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oh, the BBVideo code is working now! Did you do something?

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

yes, it was deactivated
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Strange, it was enabled when I looked at it. And I even disabled it and then re-enabled it. :mellow:

Also, I figured out the zoom thing I experienced. Somehow I inherited by Terran settings, because we're on the same server now.

Orpheus
Censor
Censor

Post by Orpheus »

Anopheles
Drosophila
Coleoptera
Lepidoptera...

Oh wait. I see what you mean.

The "one password per domain" thing is browser specific. I don't have that issue in firefox, which remembers password by context. l different passwords for different password-protected areas on Ex Isle. On some browsers it's "one password per username per domain", so you can get by by having different usernames for different boards in the same domain. Clicking a blank username field yields a drop-down menu of known usernames for that domain, choosing one will auto-fill the corresponding password.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

Anopheles falls under the jurisdiction of my colleague. But Drosophila belongs to me - we've both been appointed Bavaria's uppermost experts for Diptera last year. She does the Nematocera (midges) and I do the Brachycera (flies) :D
As for the Coleoptera (beetles) and Lepidoptera (butterflies), the first have many aquatic species (some of whom are unable to swim, interestingly) and there is even one butterfly who counts as aquatic since its caterpillars mine the leaves of pond lillies. To make up for it, there's one species of caddis flies who lives on land while all other species of that family are strictly aquatic.

Off-topic or rather back to the thread's topic: which of you earned a huge hug for reinstalling the image resize? I was just going to do it but see it already does work. :thumbsup: :dance:
Orpheus
Censor
Censor

Post by Orpheus »

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

You get a big hug anyway :) {{{{{{{Orpheus}}}}}}}

all bugs fixed except for that attachments >2 MB problem. It must be a wrong setting but not one of the obvious suspects. I'll go over the settings line by line the next days.
Right now I'll take a break - it's Föhn weather and I have a mean migraine which interferes with my concentration.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

huggle wrote:Off-topic or rather back to the thread's topic: which of you earned a huge hug for reinstalling the image resize? I was just going to do it but see it already does work. :thumbsup: :dance:
I don't think it was me, unless I did something when I was messing around with the ABBC3 settings. :unsure:
huggle wrote:all bugs fixed except for that attachments >2 MB problem. It must be a wrong setting but not one of the obvious suspects. I'll go over the settings line by line the next days.
Right now I'll take a break - it's Föhn weather and I have a mean migraine which interferes with my concentration.
Aw, I hope you feel better. The 2MB problem is no problem at all. You've done a lot and we're happily ensconced in our new home, so go rest and feel better. :hug:

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

thank you :)
I had planned to check on the board on Monday, alas, my internet connection had broken again and only just now revived.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Are the new owners planning to look into that Internet issue?

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

the owners are the same. Only the house management company changed. They can't do anything about it: every tenant has a contract direct with their ISP/phone provider.
I've been offline 3 days now *grrrrrrrrr* but this time it wasn't Telecom's fault: there was an accident at a nearby crossing and a flying car hit the distribution box for the phone lines (the last relais before my house).
At my office, the stupid security settings block my domain, claiming it is a webmail site. I filed a request with the officials, asking for re-cathegorizing my domain as harmless and claiming that I needed it for work, using it as an external storage space for work I do at home and for mails and data I receive from colleagues abroad. The request was rated normal urgency level so that it might take a week or two till they "unban" me but I do hope they will listen to reasn and actually do it in the end.
If there is an emergency, please send me a text message on my cell and I'll use opne of the two public computers we have in the library. That one is open from Tuesday morning through Saturday noon. Not ideal but better than nothing.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

huggle wrote: there was an accident at a nearby crossing and a flying car hit the distribution box for the phone lines
Flying car? Was the guy's name George Jetson? :unsure:
If there is an emergency, please send me a text message on my cell and I'll use opne of the two public computers we have in the library. That one is open from Tuesday morning through Saturday noon. Not ideal but better than nothing.
Cool, thank you. I'll put your number in the Emergency Contact Thread in the Moderator Forum, if it isn't already there.