Pet Pictures- paws and jaws.

Budding photographer, graphic designer, painter, sculptor, drawer? Post your works here, and talk about the works of others.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Pet Pictures- paws and jaws.

Post by RJDiogenes »

She's very flirty lately. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

I'm glad she's better! Maybe she ate a mouse or a snail that had eaten something poisonous? Or caught a virus.
Leo is really a cute dog! Such a nice face :sweetlove:

I finally managed to get a cable fitting my broken camera so that I could salvage the pictures on the internal memory. This is our current dog Flocki (translates roughly as Fluffy) - he's a mix between a German Sheperd and a Scotch Collie.
now, will you finally throw that ball!
now, will you finally throw that ball!
mine!
mine!
Flocki2.jpg (41.62 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Aw, he's nice. How old is he?
huggle wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 8:03 am
I'm glad she's better! Maybe she ate a mouse or a snail that had eaten something poisonous? Or caught a virus.
I was thinking she might have eaten a spider or something. The weird thing is that she's better now, but is not as excited about her soft food as she used to be-- she used to go completely nuts over it, but now she just eats it like her normal crunchy food.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

huggle wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 8:03 am
Leo is really a cute dog! Such a nice face :sweetlove:
Yeah he's a sweatie. Yesterday Jim told me that he takes Leo to visit a friend with a standard poodle, and Leo grabs a leg and she runs around and gives him a ride. :veryhappy: He's five and a half pounds, so it's easy for the standard to give him a ride.
I finally managed to get a cable fitting my broken camera so that I could salvage the pictures on the internal memory. This is our current dog Flocki (translates roughly as Fluffy) - he's a mix between a German Sheperd and a Scotch Collie.
Flocki1.jpg
Flocki2.jpg
Wow, nice looking dog.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

emma glitch wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:02 am
Yeah he's a sweatie. Yesterday Jim told me that he takes Leo to visit a friend with a standard poodle, and Leo grabs a leg and she runs around and gives him a ride. :veryhappy: He's five and a half pounds, so it's easy for the standard to give him a ride.
I'd love to see that. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Here's Froggie, from Cayla's backyard:

:frog2:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I wish we had enough water around here to get frogs.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
He lives in our little man made garden pond.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

Lupine wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:17 pm
Strangely enough, you don't always need water, just dampness (for you, that might be a bit too much, too). We had a bullfrog last year, that lived in the manure pile. Yes, the pile of horse poop. Seemed an odd choice to me, but the frog apparently thought it was great. :lol:

This is the frog:
Bull Frog.jpg
I never did get a good picture of it's tunnel into the pile. So far, we haven't seen it this year.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Elara wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:41 pm
Lupine wrote:
Strangely enough, you don't always need water, just dampness (for you, that might be a bit too much, too). We had a bullfrog last year, that lived in the manure pile. Yes, the pile of horse poop. Seemed an odd choice to me, but the frog apparently thought it was great. :lol:
Moist, warm. Makes sense.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

There are dung beetles, so why not dung frogs? I don't want to play with them, though. :frog1:

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

that's quite surprising. I should habe thought that the ammonia in the manure would damage the tender frog skin.
LOL bull frog reminds me of something that happened to me years ago. The previous fall we had received a warning that bullfrogs were spreading in Germany since they were a new fashion and the owners, unaware of how tall these frogs get, simply released them into the wild. So when that spring I suddenly heard a croak like a brontosaur's I thought here we go, first bullfrog in my district. I followed the sound and after some 10 mins discovered a froggie, the size of a small baby potato sitting in a pipe. Male frogs always sit where the acoustic is best (so as to impress females and rivals) and that one had found the perfect spot :thumbsup:
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Smart guy. Maybe I should buy a bullhorn. :lol:

Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

huggle wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:52 am
that's quite surprising. I should habe thought that the ammonia in the manure would damage the tender frog skin.
I was surprised, too, but I tracked him to his hole in the pile. Of course, the pile was about a year old, but at that depth, it was still pretty ripe. Haven't seen him so far this year, but it's early and he is probably down at one of the ponds, chasing the girl frogs.
huggle wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:52 am
LOL bull frog reminds me of something that happened to me years ago. The previous fall we had received a warning that bullfrogs were spreading in Germany since they were a new fashion and the owners, unaware of how tall these frogs get, simply released them into the wild. So when that spring I suddenly heard a croak like a brontosaur's I thought here we go, first bullfrog in my district. I followed the sound and after some 10 mins discovered a froggie, the size of a small baby potato sitting in a pipe. Male frogs always sit where the acoustic is best (so as to impress females and rivals) and that one had found the perfect spot :thumbsup:
Yes, in pipes they are very loud for such little guys. :lol: This one is an Eastern Gray Treefrog (or possibly a Cope's Gray Treefrog, only blood cells know):
froggy.jpg
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Lupine wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:16 pm
Elara wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:41 pm
Lupine wrote:
Moist, warm. Makes sense.
We don't get frogs here, we have lots of small lizards.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/