Welcome Back!!

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Re: Welcome Back!!

Post by Sean »

Now that you've settled in, go check in in the check in thread...or...something that involves posting...stuff... :unsure: ;)
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Everybody please welcome voyagergrl28, who some of us know from both Starscape and TrekBBS. :bounce: :party:

Welcome, voyagergrl. Don't hesitate to jump right in and join the festivities. :hello:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Welcome, voyagergrl28!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Glad to see ya made it voy! :D :hello:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The party keeps getting bigger. Everybody welcome Madeliaette, whom we know from Starscape. :yes:

Welcome to ReNext, Madeliaette. Jump right in anywhere. :bounce: :party: :hello:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Greetings voyagergrl28 and Madeliaette! :hello: :hello: :hello:

With all the refugees coming in from Starscape, maybe someone should start a Starscape Thread to help everyone get settled in.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Well I have just joined up - and recognize a few buds from Starscape, from whence I was directed to this place. :D I guess for those who don't know me yet, I should say: I am a freelance writer/photographer, author, lyricist, & poet. I am heavily into the San Francisco music scene of the 2000's - which was the topic of my first book. Among my other interests you'll find playing fantasy league baseball, ornithology, cooking Indian/Thai foods, Buddhist & Hindu philosophy, Yoga, blogging, travel, and simple living (i.e. i do NOT have/want a car, cell, microwave, dishwasher, heating, cooling, TV, iPod...) I was born in England, but have lived in Australia for the past 22 years - but am returning to take care of my elderly father later this year, if I can scramble through the paperwork in time. I have an 18 YO son and a flock of local pigeons often visit me - but most of my friends liver in the US.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
Welcome! We are glad you found us!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Glad to see you made it m! :hello:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:With all the refugees coming in from Starscape, maybe someone should start a Starscape Thread to help everyone get settled in.
That might be a good idea; a place where J can most updates if necessary.
Madeliaette wrote:Well I have just joined up - and recognize a few buds from Starscape, from whence I was directed to this place. :D I guess for those who don't know me yet, I should say: I am a freelance writer/photographer, author, lyricist, & poet. I am heavily into the San Francisco music scene of the 2000's - which was the topic of my first book. Among my other interests you'll find playing fantasy league baseball, ornithology, cooking Indian/Thai foods, Buddhist & Hindu philosophy, Yoga, blogging, travel, and simple living (i.e. i do NOT have/want a car, cell, microwave, dishwasher, heating, cooling, TV, iPod...) I was born in England, but have lived in Australia for the past 22 years - but am returning to take care of my elderly father later this year, if I can scramble through the paperwork in time. I have an 18 YO son and a flock of local pigeons often visit me - but most of my friends liver in the US.
That's quite an eclectic mix; you'll get along well with us. :D We also have Forums where you can Post stories and poems and photos if you're interested. :yes:

Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

Welcome to the board, m.
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

Madeliaette wrote:Well I have just joined up - and recognize a few buds from Starscape, from whence I was directed to this place. :D I guess for those who don't know me yet, I should say: I am a freelance writer/photographer, author, lyricist, & poet. I am heavily into the San Francisco music scene of the 2000's - which was the topic of my first book.
Interesting. I was a sometime follower of and occasional participant in the San Francisco music scene (though more during the 1990s than the 2000s.) Does this book have a title?
Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Yeah - it's called San Francisco Music Vibes of the 2000's. I interviewed around 2-dozen performers/bands and added some supportive text & intro/conclusion to the interviews. :book: It is currently the second best seller of my 11 books to date - mostly only musicians have been interested in buying it so far, though. (If you follow the link in my profile thru from my website to the 'words' page, you can find a link to a free online preview) :D
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Welcome to our new members! I don't know you, yet, but we will soon rectify that!
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

Madeliaette wrote:Yeah - it's called San Francisco Music Vibes of the 2000's. I interviewed around 2-dozen performers/bands and added some supportive text & intro/conclusion to the interviews. :book: It is currently the second best seller of my 11 books to date - mostly only musicians have been interested in buying it so far, though. (If you follow the link in my profile thru from my website to the 'words' page, you can find a link to a free online preview) :D
Found the 'Words' page, but not finding the link. (I may just not be allowing the right script, though - I'm kinda choosy about that sort of thing.) Did find a book preview on Google Books, however, so I'll take a peek at that. :thumbsup:
Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...