Check-In Thread #93: Neptunian chocolate zombies

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-In Thread #93: Neptunian chocolate zombies

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I'll have to go back for the inspection. Apparently both a front and back plate are required these days. I'll try to go back tomorrow, but I might have to go Saturday, since they're coming to pick up the old car tomorrow.
Cayla wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:17 pm
RJ this always happens to me. Whenever I need to be somewhere after work, or a vacation is upon me, something pops up to delay it.
In my old job, I'd always plan to leave a couple of hours early to make up for that, but that's not possible in this job.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:21 pm
Lots of end-of-semester meetings and I also have to squeeze in a doctor's appointment, my annual physical.
That reminds me, I must make an appointment with the dermatologist....
Lupine wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm
Good morning, all. Did someone say the Apocalypse? :unsure: :peekaboo:
The Apocalypse will be televised. :tv:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Shoot! I was catching up on all the posts, but now my phone battery is too low. I'll charge up and come back and finish.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

jgc wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:18 pm
Shoot! I was catching up on all the posts, but now my phone battery is too low. I'll charge up and come back and finish.
It's nice to see you, anyway. :hello: Someday we'll have self-charging phones to look at it our self-driving cars.... :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ The idea of self-driving cars makes me nervous. I'm sure I'll get over it once I learn to trust them.

My annual physical went well, although they haven't yet had time to look at my bloodwork. RJ, I hope your skin is okay. I have trouble picturing you looking like the Horta in Star Trek. :no:

Cayla, please send me my share of your cookies to Scott Allison, Dept of Psychology, Univ of Richmond, VA 23173. :yum:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. wet n windy. workmen. work. that sums up the day ahead - with a brief interlude to pop round to visit M's daughter, as she hasnt met me and i will be in her home dog sitting over the weekend...even if M has known me for years...
the shower fixture is up - flooring down, walls done....but i cant use it yet - no glass panel and no connection. the room is looking good at last though.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Tonight we're off to the theater, so I'll be running late.
scottydog wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:04 am
^^ The idea of self-driving cars makes me nervous. I'm sure I'll get over it once I learn to trust them.
Hopefully they'll also be self repairing and self inspecting-- or self replacing, if need be. :lol:
My annual physical went well, although they haven't yet had time to look at my bloodwork.
That's good to hear. :yes:
RJ, I hope your skin is okay. I have trouble picturing you looking like the Horta in Star Trek. :no:
There's just a couple of things on my back that need to come off. The doctor said they're benign, but they should go
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:38 am
the shower fixture is up - flooring down, walls done....but i cant use it yet - no glass panel and no connection. the room is looking good at last though.
Hopefully it will be usable after today. :yes:

:tea:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

After work, I have to go to my sister's house to bake cookies. I'm really not excited about this.

I can't wait to see the new bath, Madeliaette.

Have fun at the theater, RJ.

I'll send you cookies if you want, scottydog. I usually send them to my father-in-law in NH.

jgc forgot to come back to us. :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Friday, everyone :hello:

Just like yesterday, I just have a bunch of meetings with students and staff today. Tonight I might see Fantastic Beasts, the new JK Rowling movie :yes:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 am
I'll send you cookies if you want, scottydog.
Thank you, you are very kind, but there's no need. There are plenty of cookies here in Richmond. I just had my physical and I'm a little afraid of getting the results of my cholesterol test back :scared:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:25 am
Hopefully they'll also be self repairing and self inspecting-- or self replacing, if need be. :lol:
Here's a prediction: Within 20 years, not only will our cars be self-driving, they'll be sentient beings with their own cool personalities that we'll grow attached to.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

nope - cant use the shower til tuesday - but i feel all clean again as i showered round my best friends! nice soapy water...mmmmmmmm much better than a tub on the floor.
this time next week, i will take a video of the new bathroom - and load the old and new for compariosn Cayla... will send the links here for y'all to see the diff. the basins going in now...and cabinet/towel rail etc later...and....YIPPEEEEEEE time is almost here! oh page 21... have we got a new thread yet? if not ill make one in a mo....
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

This thread needs to take a bath.