Sea Creature Lounge - The Fall of the Autumn!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Sea Creature Lounge - The Fall of the Autumn!

Post by RJDiogenes »

I remember him mainly from F Troop and Carol Burnett, but he also had his own show briefly in the early 70s. And, of course, he was a guest on just about every show around in those days.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Hola! In the past, we've seen that the lovable Gill-Man has made his presence in the B-movie universe known by inspiring other amphibious monsters to come out of their monster closets, not only in other B-movies old and new, but even in modern Academy Award nominees. But he doesn't stop there. Our scaly role model has also inspired followers in rural bogs and sleepy coastal towns-- nowhere is immune to their murderous ways! Our theme this week is "Fish Heads, Fish Heads, Roly Poly Fish Heads." The concession stand will be serving Filet o' Fish sandwiches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_4JxKWiMCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MW9sF5gwAY

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :eek: :Ahhh: :fish:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Haven't seen these ones. I thought for a moment that Bog looked familiar but all those 70s small town Sheriff offices look alike. I am rather surprised that neither of these wound up on one of those bargain DVD sets.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

They're both available on YouTube. Monster of Piedras Blancas looks light it might be pretty good.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Due to complicated issues of quantum entanglement and the fact that everybody in the pocket universe loves to get presents, the holidays of Christmas and Hanukkah and Kwanzaa and Saturnalia and the Solstice and anything else anybody decides to come up with are celebrated heartily at the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature. That cluster of holidays is especially dear to everyone's heart, not only because of the emphasis on peace and love, but also because most of the best seasonal movies involve weird creatures and bizarre monsters. Our theme this week is "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear." The concession stand will be serving milk and chocolate chip cookies. Awwww!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euz-682_mjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J1AXS8C20M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2IyVoSKOj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-KVHh1srw

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :eek: :Ahhh: :wreath: :snowball:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Never seen the Muppet Christmas Carol, though I should. Their version of Treasure Island is actually the best telling of that story. How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Rudolph are classics that ran non-stop in my childhood so naturally I've seen them. As for The Gingerbread Man, that looks like something a hungry kindergarden class could take care of. :yum:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Note that it's the GingerDEAD Man. :lol:

I should watch Muppet Christmas Carol, too. I haven't seen most of the modern Muppet movies, despite my love of the Muppets. I loved those TV specials when I was a kid, especially The Great Santa Claus Switch with Art Carney. That should be a holiday classic, and probably would be if not for legal issues.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I saw the original The Muppet Movie and have been considering getting it on DVD. I also saw The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhatten, but it's been decades. I have The Muppets Treasure Island on DVD and it's quite good. Haven't seen the rest.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I found all the old TV specials on YouTube, but I wish they would release restored versions on DVD.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yes, the New Year is upon us and, since it's an arbitrary measure of time, it might as well apply to the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature, too. After a year of surreal turmoil, in which the real world out-weirded any movie we've shown here, let's use the power of technology to peer into the future and reassure ourselves that the future will bring us a better world than what we are dealing with now. Our theme this week is "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades." The concession stand will be serving Tang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6luDsjJqgjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4AUAVKZBk

Definitely an improvement.

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :thumbsup:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Ape shall never kill ape!

Obviously I have The Planet of the Apes on DVD :D . The original and the best.
I saw the very last part of The Time Travelers years ago but haven't seen the whole thing.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The Time Travelers was one of my favorite Creature Feature movies on Channel 56 when I was a kid (not least because of the tanning salon). It had pretty much everything: Time travel, monsters, robots, weird machines, women, paradoxes, and even a spaceship. It took forever to come out on DVD for some reason.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The Pocket Universe that serves as home for the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature connects to the Prime Universe through a wormhole, and that wormhole can make a connection at any point in space or time. So return with us now to those thrilling days of the Swinging 70s when a guy named Dan Curtis was one of the biggest names in made-for-TV B-Movies. Some of the stuff he made has become legend, while other stuff has been forgotten-- we will now see one of each. Our theme this week is "Looking For The Bizarre? Visit Our Bazaar." The concession stand will be serving cold snacks and Nolet's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hedpWMsppE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjc9piV0sTc

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :scared: :batman:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Our MeTV station was running Kolchak for a while so I was able to catch up on it as I had somehow missed it back in the day. As for The Norliss Tapes it sounds really familiar but I can't place from where.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Norliss Tapes is available on YouTube, so I'll finally get to see it and compare it to Night Stalker.

I think Night Stalker is still on MeTV, very late on Saturday nights. I have the DVDs, though, of the series and both movies. I also have a signed and numbered volume of the movies scripts by Richard Matheson-- including the unproduced third movie, Night Killers. I absolutely love Kolchak. I also have a few short story collections that have come out over the years, but I don't consider them "real" Kolchak, because they're not set in the right time period.