Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Post by Madeliaette » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 am

GM. gales and rain the forcast for today - so no chance of my walking thru rustington to LH and popping in their library for a mushroom ID book. chores and a plot trot may happen - or i might indulge in some fancy cooking - all ends with evening job and a book.

Jim Gamma
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:54 am

Pulled my old computer games controller out of storage this week but the soft plastic has degraded so it's all icky to touch. I've thrown it out and ordered a new one... Got a flight SIM game at Christmas, want to go do a barrel roll under the Golden Gate Bridge. :D

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:25 am

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's Friday! And we've got theater tickets tonight, so I won't be around until late.
scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 am
Our dance lesson tonight was intense. We have a million more moves to memorize for this group formation exhibition that we may have to do in public in a month or so. :scared:
Wow, I thought it was just something you did for fun. :unsure:
I'm glad the car is working out. We have Blue Mountains here in Virginia. Who knew hills and mountains could be so depressed? :lol:
I wonder how the valleys and canyons feel.
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 am
gales and rain the forcast for today - so no chance of my walking thru rustington to LH and popping in their library for a mushroom ID book.
That's too bad. We've had off and on for a couple of days, too.
Jim Gamma wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:54 am
Pulled my old computer games controller out of storage this week but the soft plastic has degraded so it's all icky to touch. I've thrown it out and ordered a new one... Got a flight SIM game at Christmas, want to go do a barrel roll under the Golden Gate Bridge. :D
Watch out for falling Klingon ships. :lol:

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:45 am

Happy Friday, all :hello:

Today should be a good day. Just a few meetings. I didn't sleep well last night so I hope to catch a nap later :sleep:

By the way, the name of this thread stumps me -- what does Americium Interstate Dogme mean? :conf:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:25 am
we've got theater tickets tonight, so I won't be around until late.
Enjoy. Be sure to tell us what you saw and how good it was.
Elara wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 am
scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 am
We have a million more dance moves to memorize for this group formation exhibition that we may have to do in public in a month or so. :scared:
:Ahhh: Good luck!
Thanks, Elara.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:25 am
Wow, I thought it was just something you did for fun. :unsure:
99.9% of the time, we do just dance for fun. That's because of our first and only public performance turned into the Showcase Debacle of 2011, which we still haven't recovered from. We had a wardrobe malfunction and that's all I'm going to say on the subject. :wtf: :lol: Only now, 8 years later, are we getting back up on that horse. :horse:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Elara wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 am
Cayla wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 pm
Pastor showed up, so I ended up staying and chatting with them for over an hour. Needless to say, I haven't done anything else that I said I was going to do. I'm already in my jammies, and making a pot of spaghetti sauce. I think I will leave the house work for Saturday.
Any time you get caught by someone, you can be certain you'll get nothing done. :yes:

We talked about heavy metal music (apparently, we listened to the same music back in the day :lol: ), my teenage years of beer drinking and cigarette smoking (he claims this didn't make me a bad kid :conf: ), and compared notes on each others dogs. :lol: He and the church's secretary also like to pick on each other. He really is a fun and easy person to converse with. He is full of funny stories, but is also very wise when one needs advice.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life. -Jean Luc Picard

Lupine
Consul
Consul

Post by Lupine » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Doing laundry today once the waterlines thaw out. Nothing else of note planned.

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:58 pm
Gary wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm
My friend in Virginia said she's going to get one this year but was fretting over finding someone who could take her. I told her I'd come out since I know how daunting it can be. That way, no last minute cancellations will affect her. Meanwhile, I know people nearing 50 who gripe and complain at the very thought of getting one. Since I've been there twice, I lay it out straight that they're freaking out over absolutely nothing.
Transportation is my issue, too. Everybody I know works, except my Mother, and she'd freak out even for a screening procedure. If your friend is not having any symptoms, she can probably use Cologuard, which is a home test and an accepted alternative to colonoscopy, and it's covered by insurance. I've gotten away with it for the last four or five years.
What is Cologuard. I haven't had a colonoscopy cuz I went to the va for one and a nasty mouthed nurse took me back to a rooom with four beds with insufficient pricacy inhabited by three male veterans, all old and brhaving badly and thier wives kept giving me the stink eye, I went into the restroom to take something and the walls were covered with shit, so I left.

Oh aand now they want me to stop taking my vitamins to have one, oh this one only goes halfway in. Not gonna cooperate without a ride, and they won't give me rides to see my doctors cuz I'm not in a wheelchair so I don't feel llike cooperating. I just got rides to the va from a Navy veteran who is married to the woman who is taking care of me now, so I'm gonna see my dentist which I really need to do after all the crappy food I was served in the nursing and assistive liveng homes. He wll also drive me to LA for my veterans in film and TV nmeeting and a couple other related meetings, and since he is a buckeye too, we're planning a road trip to Ohio. I have just told him about militaary facilities on bases where I have stayed in the past and how I find them, so we're gonna choose a route soon so I can find us good lowpriced places to stay as cheap as motels but as nice as hotels. I now can get Space A travel, but he can't, another perk of being a service-connected disabled veteran, but we qlso cqn get stuck with the horrible va fiduciary and he is helping me rrstore my credit ruined by the horrible fiduiary.

I am alomost caught up with my laundry.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:37 am

Remember my friend who delayed getting his colonoscopy and they found a big lump? The bad news is he has to have 1/3 of his colon removed. The good news is he should make a full recovery.

I told him that his punctuation has shifted from colon to semicolon. :peekaboo:

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:30 am

scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:37 am
Remember my friend who delayed getting his colonoscopy and they found a big lump? The bad news is he has to have 1/3 of his colon removed. The good news is he should make a full recovery.

Bummer but good news for recovery.

:veryhappy:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:21 am

Good midnight, everyone. :hello:

I'm home from the theater and must drag myself off to my trundle bed before I topple out of this chair. :sleep:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:45 am
By the way, the name of this thread stumps me -- what does Americium Interstate Dogme mean? :conf:
Well, Americium is an element with atomic number 95 and there's an Interstate 95. I'd have to Google Dogme, and I'm too tired right now.
We saw Green Day's American Idiot. I had the time of my life.
99.9% of the time, we do just dance for fun. That's because of our first and only public performance turned into the Showcase Debacle of 2011, which we still haven't recovered from. We had a wardrobe malfunction and that's all I'm going to say on the subject. :wtf: :lol:
No, no, no. If you bring it up, you tell the story. That's in the By-Laws. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 pm
my teenage years of beer drinking and cigarette smoking (he claims this didn't make me a bad kid :conf: )
Why would it?
emma glitch wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm
What is Cologuard.
It's a home test. You basically provide a couple of little smears of stool sample in a kit they give you and you mail it in. If they don't detect any blood or whatever, you're good to go. So to speak.
I haven't had a colonoscopy cuz I went to the va for one and a nasty mouthed nurse took me back to a rooom with four beds with insufficient pricacy inhabited by three male veterans, all old and brhaving badly and thier wives kept giving me the stink eye, I went into the restroom to take something and the walls were covered with shit, so I left.
Whoa. :wtf:
scottydog wrote:
Yikes, that sucks but I'm glad he's going to be okay. What was the lump? Or do they have to wait for pathology to be sure?
Tell him that laughter is the best medicine and then ask for a copay. :lol:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:17 am

GM. sinus issues to the wild winds....green goo time coming up. no plans for the next coupla days - til coffee with L on monday.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:28 am

Back to Mom's house for breakfast, and probably a nap. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:17 am
GM. sinus issues to the wild winds....green goo time coming up. no plans for the next coupla days - til coffee with L on monday.
Sounds like some wild winds picked up here in the last four hours, too.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:01 am

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:21 am
Attachments
Dirty Dancing.jpeg

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:06 am

emma glitch wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm
a nasty mouthed nurse took me back to a rooom with four beds with insufficient pricacy inhabited by three male veterans, all old and brhaving badly and thier wives kept giving me the stink eye, I went into the restroom to take something and the walls were covered with shit, so I left.
This is why you must write your autobiography. Nobody has more "interesting" stories than you!
Last edited by scottydog on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:13 am

Happy Saturday, all :hello:

This morning I'll have coffee with a friend. Who knows what's on tap this afternoon. Tonight is our Valentine's dance with a live band. I hope it's fun. :dancer:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Green Day's American Idiot.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:17 am
green goo time coming up
Lots of "green" going on around here. :wtf:
RJDiogenes wrote:
No, no, no. If you bring it up, you tell the story. That's in the By-Laws. :lol:
I do remember that clause in the contract, so here goes: Back in 2011, The Wife and I decided to do a public dance routine on Halloween. I dressed up as Dracula and we practiced our routine a thousand times without incident. During our performance, one of us accidentally stepped on my cape, ripping it part-way off mid-routine. Our jaws dropped but we limped thru the remainder of the dance with my cape in total disarray. We haven't performed in public ever since.

Someone gave us the DVD of our performance and we've never looked at it, for 2 reasons. First, because it was humiliating, and second, because we aren't sure which one of us stepped on my cape and we really don't want to know.

Thanks for making me rehash all the trauma. I'll probably need to go see my therapist again :lol:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Good morning!

I will heading to the Cleveland Home and Garden Show with Jen and her mom, today.

I finally took the Christmas tree down, after work. It is in the bin, waiting to go into storage.

I like Green Day. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life. -Jean Luc Picard

Lupine
Consul
Consul

Post by Lupine » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Will try to get some writing in today (I already have in fact as the internet was down for a while). Other plans are up in the air.
scottydog wrote:
:lol: Glad he's going to make a recovery.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I actually know enough about their music to get that! :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

I dropped the TV remote on the floor and woke up Chloe. She was traumatized, searching all over the place for the source of the disturbance. It was a good fifteen minutes before she was able to convince herself that there wasn't a home invasion or something. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:01 am
Yeah, there was a lot of that. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:13 am
Thanks for making me rehash all the trauma. I'll probably need to go see my therapist again :lol:
All in a day's work. :D That wasn't so bad, really. Mishaps are common in live performances. I bet you got a big round of applause for soldiering on. :yes:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm
I like Green Day. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :lol:
I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I like a few of their songs, mainly "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." I should invite them to Hargil's when we're done with Sting.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 pm
I actually know enough about their music to get that! :lol:
I wondered if anyone would. :lol:

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Cayla wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm
I finally took the Christmas tree down, after work. It is in the bin, waiting to go into storage.
And I thought we were late putting our tree away :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:17 pm
I bet you got a big round of applause for soldiering on. :yes:
There was a smattering of sympathy applause :lol:

Not enough to scare Chloe :wiggle:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:29 am

scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:44 pm
There was a smattering of sympathy applause :lol:
Golf claps? Tough crowd. :no:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 am

GM. yesterday turned out to be fiun - l phoned and i went round for coffee/jigsaw then we went to Warnham nature reserve. i saw 4 new-to-me birds! today is sposed to be heavy breezes and strong rain.....so i may spend it cropping the photos! if it doesnt actially rain i might get outdoors.....or i might potter in the poly tunnel....

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 am

I may or may not get around to doing my taxes today....
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 am
GM. yesterday turned out to be fiun - l phoned and i went round for coffee/jigsaw then we went to Warnham nature reserve. i saw 4 new-to-me birds!
That sounds familiar. That's where the woodpeckers were, right?

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Good morning!

I had fun at the Home and Garden Show. It was nice to see and smell flowers, this time of year. Afterwards, we went out for a late lunch/early dinner.

My only plans for today are to go to church (it's been over a month), and pick up more :dog: :poop: before the snow arrives.

scottydog
Senator
Senator

Post by scottydog » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Happy Sunday, all :hello:

Today after church I'll review Finding Joe with my buddy Greg. Then I need to get some writing done.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 am
i saw 4 new-to-me birds!
That's really exciting! :eek: :eek:
Cayla wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 pm
My only plans for today are to pick up more :dog: :poop: before the snow arrives.
Let's hope that's not an all-day activity :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 am
I may or may not get around to doing my taxes today....
Wait a minute -- is it April 14th already? :lol:

Lupine
Consul
Consul

Post by Lupine » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Good morning, crew. :yawn:

There's supposed to be a storm today with wind and rain- though currently it's still and clear. :conf: If that holds there's some repairs to the chicken yard that need to be accomplished.
Cayla wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 pm
My only plans for today are to go to church (it's been over a month), and pick up more :dog: :poop: before the snow arrives.
Max and Brutus have been busy? :lol: