Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. yesterday turned out to be fiun - l phoned and i went round for coffee/jigsaw then we went to Warnham nature reserve. i saw 4 new-to-me birds! today is sposed to be heavy breezes and strong rain.....so i may spend it cropping the photos! if it doesnt actially rain i might get outdoors.....or i might potter in the poly tunnel....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I may or may not get around to doing my taxes today....
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 am
GM. yesterday turned out to be fiun - l phoned and i went round for coffee/jigsaw then we went to Warnham nature reserve. i saw 4 new-to-me birds!
That sounds familiar. That's where the woodpeckers were, right?

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I had fun at the Home and Garden Show. It was nice to see and smell flowers, this time of year. Afterwards, we went out for a late lunch/early dinner.

My only plans for today are to go to church (it's been over a month), and pick up more :dog: :poop: before the snow arrives.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, all :hello:

Today after church I'll review Finding Joe with my buddy Greg. Then I need to get some writing done.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 am
i saw 4 new-to-me birds!
That's really exciting! :eek: :eek:
Cayla wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 pm
My only plans for today are to pick up more :dog: :poop: before the snow arrives.
Let's hope that's not an all-day activity :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 am
I may or may not get around to doing my taxes today....
Wait a minute -- is it April 14th already? :lol:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, crew. :yawn:

There's supposed to be a storm today with wind and rain- though currently it's still and clear. :conf: If that holds there's some repairs to the chicken yard that need to be accomplished.
Cayla wrote:
My only plans for today are to go to church (it's been over a month), and pick up more :dog: :poop: before the snow arrives.
Max and Brutus have been busy? :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Yeah, so much for my taxes. Procrastination city. But I did do some research and cogitating for a story for an anthology blab told me about. And I made an impulsive trip to Applebee's. :mellow:
Cayla wrote:
It was nice to see and smell flowers, this time of year.
Ahh, aromatherapy. :feelinggood:
and pick up more :dog: :poop: before the snow arrives.
You should have gone to the flower show after. :no:
scottydog wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:01 pm
Today after church I'll review Finding Joe with my buddy Greg.
Did you remember Shape of Water?
Wait a minute -- is it April 14th already? :lol:
Despite my desire to replenish my car money quickly, it will probably come to that. :lol:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:43 pm
Did you remember Shape of Water?
Fear not; it's on my short list of things to see SOON. :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Cool. If your friend saw it, I think you'll get a nice column out of it.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I spent the weekend keeping warm while working on tech oriented training for work. Checked out houses that are available where I'm looking to move, and installed some new parts on my car I ordered. The frustrating part about shopping for a home (at this time) is that I'm slated for a pay adjustment that I've been told "is coming". Meanwhile, annual evaluations are approximately 20 days away which means an annual salary increase. I can't commit to anything right now until I know how much of a pay bump I'll receive. GAH! Knowing my luck, one of the houses I like will be snapped up by the time I'm ready to commit.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
That's where the woodpeckers were, right?
well we saw one on saturday! along ewith corn bunting, reed bunting, siskin, brmabling, coot, moorhen, nuthatch, blue tit, long tailed tit, coal tit, great tit, treecreeper, swan, cormorant....
today, L&I are of to have coffee in crossbush then take her mower in to be serviced - unless the plan has changed since we last spoke. it can do that..... :D yesterday the weather wasnt as bad as the wet forc informed - so i trotted off to Rustington to grab books, groceries, and ciffee in the afternoon - after sorting my photos/blogs and pottering in the poly tunnel. I need to talk to L about my job situation, too...
Gary are your frogs still 'up and at it'? One of ours got up a few weeks ago, went back to bed, and got up again this week - but the majority are still lying in zzzing.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Well, another week begins. And I still haven't figured out birthday presents for my Nephew. :no:
Gary wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 am
The frustrating part about shopping for a home (at this time) is that I'm slated for a pay adjustment that I've been told "is coming". Meanwhile, annual evaluations are approximately 20 days away which means an annual salary increase.
Same here. Raises come next month and I might be getting a job upgrade in the second quarter, but I have no idea how much either of things mean in terms of money.
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:26 am
well we saw one on saturday! along ewith corn bunting, reed bunting, siskin, brmabling, coot, moorhen, nuthatch, blue tit, long tailed tit, coal tit, great tit, treecreeper, swan, cormorant....
Cool. That was an eventful outing. :yes:
I need to talk to L about my job situation, too...
Is there a problem with your job situation? :unsure:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

The doctor will be back from his 2 week vacation. It is going to be a chaotic day.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Monday, all :hello:

Today I have a few meetings and some writing to do :writing:
Gary wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 am
GAH! Knowing my luck, one of the houses I like will be snapped up by the time I'm ready to commit.
Hope that doesn't happen. I'm sure you'll eventually find a house you like :house:
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:26 am
Gary are your frogs still 'up and at it'? One of ours got up a few weeks ago, went back to bed, and got up again this week - but the majority are still lying in zzzing.
I miss the sound of frogs croaking away. In my previous house here in Richmond, we lived near a creek and we could hear thousands of them. Now I never hear them. At least we do have plenty of birds :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 am
Well, another week begins.
Have you noticed that the beginning of the year madness has slowed down? Let's celebrate your surviving it :dance:
Cayla wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:39 am
The doctor will be back from his 2 week vacation. It is going to be a chaotic day.
We want a full report. Hopefully the chaos will be minimal.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Should go shopping later today. Life truttles on.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good afternoon. :hello:

I'm caught up on this thread. Although I kinda skimmed through.

Glad to hear Ron is home from the hospital. My dad was only hospitalized twice with his diverticulitis. He mostly controlled it through diet.

Today I had a phone interview with the owner of a store looking for a bookkeeper. It's down in Mt Dora, about a 40 minute drive. Not a big deal to me, but it seemed that it was for him! He'll be calling people for face to face interviews next week, and schedule them for the following week. I don't expect to hear from him. :no: He has about 30 applications to go through this week.

I also put in an application for a receptionist position down in Leesburg for the Community Action agency. Haven't heard from them, but they are still running their ad. *fingers crossed*

Scott, I made chocolate chip cookies last week. Alas, there are none left. Next time, I'll try to let you know earlier. (right!) :lol:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh: