Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Oh, the pain, the pain. My back is a DISASTER area. :lol:
jgc wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:23 pm
Today I had a phone interview with the owner of a store looking for a bookkeeper. It's down in Mt Dora, about a 40 minute drive. Not a big deal to me, but it seemed that it was for him! He'll be calling people for face to face interviews next week, and schedule them for the following week. I don't expect to hear from him. :no:
That's not a very long drive. What does he want, somebody who lives next door?
I also put in an application for a receptionist position down in Leesburg for the Community Action agency. Haven't heard from them, but they are still running their ad. *fingers crossed*
Fingers crossed. Good luck with both of them. The Community Action Agency sounds better, but maybe that other guy will surprise you.
Cayla wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:39 am
The doctor will be back from his 2 week vacation. It is going to be a chaotic day.
His vacation is over, so your vacation is over. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:16 pm
Have you noticed that the beginning of the year madness has slowed down? Let's celebrate your surviving it :dance:
It's still surprisingly busy. :shrug:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

jgc wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:23 pm
Scott, I made chocolate chip cookies last week. Alas, there are none left. Next time, I'll try to let you know earlier. (right!) :lol:
See, this is why you must check-in more often. I live for real-life chocolate stories :drool:
Lupine wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:50 pm
Life truttles on.
** scrambling to the dictionary to look up 'truttle' **
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm
My back is a DISASTER area. :lol:
You need a small Asian woman to walk barefoot up and down your back. :smallAsianwoman:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 pm
You need a small Asian woman to walk barefoot up and down your back. :smallAsianwoman:
Actually, there's a Thai massage place down the street from me and I recently found out that my insurance will reimburse me up to $300 for alternative health treatments, including massage. So that's gonna happen. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Hot damn! Go for it. Maybe I have that same kind of insurance -- I should look into it.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

When I was at BMC, I used to go for a massage once a month. After I left there, I was less stressed so I stopped going. Plus it's expensive. But since they're right down the street and my job will pay for it....

Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

I had home-working day today, they're trialling a three days in, two out pattern at work. It was fairly good, got a lot done.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:26 am

Gary are your frogs still 'up and at it'? One of ours got up a few weeks ago, went back to bed, and got up again this week - but the majority are still lying in zzzing.
Sorry I missed this earlier. They've tempered their situation since it's been cold. I'm certain they'll start up again before going dormant very soon.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

scottydog I ate a Reese’s Peanut butter tree, leftover fro Christmas, this evening.

Work was hectic, but not too bad. I doubt the rest of the week will be as easy. 🤪
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 am
scottydog I ate a Reese’s Peanut butter tree, leftover fro Christmas, this evening.
Yummy! The only difference between you and me is I would have eaten FOUR leftover peanut butter trees :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
Is there a problem with your job situation?
not with the work i have - only with the lack of more work to add to it. I am living on £75PW and need to earn around £100 -140PW to live 'comfortably'. I havent been able to pick up any new cleaner-carer-gardener-childcare-companion-petcare styyle jobs and was contemplating getting PT work at a care home - the trouble is, there would be a bunch of pros and cons to consider and i might miss some - so need my 'advisor'...to adivse!
ours too, gary - |i just wondered if frogs do that all over or just here and in other parts they stay up.
well scottydog - i just so happened to bake a vegan CHOCOLATE cake with salted caramel coating of which there are two slices left.... :D
choc cake.jpg
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

I wish it was as hard to wake up as it is to get up. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 am
not with the work i have - only with the lack of more work to add to it. I am living on £75PW and need to earn around £100 -140PW to live 'comfortably'. I havent been able to pick up any new cleaner-carer-gardener-childcare-companion-petcare styyle jobs and was contemplating getting PT work at a care home -
Are there places you can advertise for free, like community forums or a pin-up board at the supermarket or something?

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Chewsday, everyone :hello:

Today's a heavy teaching day. The Wife had to wake up very early to go to Wash DC for a work-trip today, so I'm a tad sleep-deprived. Hopefully I can catch a late nap around 4:30 this afternoon.
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 am
well scottydog - i just so happened to bake a vegan CHOCOLATE cake with salted caramel coating of which there are two slices left.... :D
choc cake.jpg
This looks scrumptious! I don't like very many vegan foods but I do love vegan chocolate. :bounce:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, compadres. :yawn:

Will try to get some writing done today and my aunt has a follow-up with her skin doctor later today.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 pm
Lupine wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:50 pm
Life truttles on.
** scrambling to the dictionary to look up 'truttle' **
Truttle! :D
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The turtles truttled to Tuttle Creek to tattle on Toto's titillating tryst.

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I hope jgc gets to post. She has an interview with the Community Action Center on Thursday. :yes:

Today they asked me to orient someone. How can I orient someone when I'm disoriented myself? :loopy:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Good luck to jgc :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:54 pm
Today they asked me to orient someone. How can I orient someone when I'm disoriented myself? :loopy:
Speaking of Orient, have you made an appointment yet to have a small Asian woman work on your back?