Infirmary Thread #16: LOL Is The Best Rx

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Infirmary Thread #16: LOL Is The Best Rx

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:26 pm
My theory is that as a fan of the founding fathers, you unconsciously decided you deserved President's Day off :lol:
This is absolutely correct. I love my unconscious. I love being one with my unconscious. :sleep:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^ Not sure why I love sleep so much. I don't get anything done and I'm completely unconscious, so I should view it as a total waste of time.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, I always wished I could stay awake while I sleep so I could enjoy it more.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 pm
I always wished I could stay awake while I sleep
How paradoxically true! :headbash:
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

And now my head hurts trying to figure how that ^^^ would work. :lol:

Sleep is always the best thing when you are sick, glad you got some, RJ. :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:24 pm
No news is definitely good news. :yes:
Well, I think it was good news? They think, they can't say for sure, but perhaps I have a compression fracture. When I asked my PC doctor what happens next, we went back to the: "What do you think we should do?" response. *When my disbelief wore off, I asked if it was just best to leave it alone, as I had read that is the common fix. I figure I am over halfway through the time it takes to heal, so barring any unusual pain, or another accident, I should be fine in about a month or less.
*They won't check my thyroid when I ask, since my pulse rate is dropping, but the blood pressure isn't as they have raised the meds, and the PC doctor says she has never heard of high blood pressure as a side effect of Xeljanz (it is), but other than that, it's up to me. :conf:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:26 pm
That's good self-care. Some people don't have the sense to call in sick when they're sick. My theory is that as a fan of the founding fathers, you unconsciously decided you deserved President's Day off :lol:
Unfortunately, far too many jobs force them to come in when sick. The motel I mention in the other thread, the owner told me she didn't want to see me if I was sick. What I learned from experience is that apparently me working was fine, she just didn't want to see me. ;)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Elara wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:14 pm
And now my head hurts trying to figure how that ^^^ would work. :lol:
I always kind of thought that lucid dreaming would be like that. You'd be able to enjoy the dreaming as if you were awake, but still wake up refreshed.
Sleep is always the best thing when you are sick, glad you got some, RJ. :yes:
Thank you.
but other than that, it's up to me. :conf:
Sometimes they carry involving patients in their own care too far.
The motel I mention in the other thread, the owner told me she didn't want to see me if I was sick. What I learned from experience is that apparently me working was fine, she just didn't want to see me. ;)
So if you got sick, she'd take the day off. :lol:

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 pm
[...] I could stay awake while I sleep [...]
Isn't that the definition of public services / state offices? ;)

Glad you're feeling better! Did you catch that nasty flu that's currently spreading?

I had hip problems the last 4 weeks but am on the mend now. Paradoxly, my hip was playing up because I lost a lot of weight. The angles and the direction of the muscles' pull seem to be different now and that caused something similar to carpal tunnel syndrome.
My sense of equilibrium is fully back now: I slipped in a strong current the day before yesterday and managed to not fall in. :veryhappy:
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

huggle wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:47 am
Isn't that the definition of public services / state offices? ;)
Maybe I should run in the next election. :lol:
Glad you're feeling better! Did you catch that nasty flu that's currently spreading?
The day I was sick it only really lasted a few hours. It was almost like food poisoning, except I hadn't eaten anything.
My sense of equilibrium is fully back now: I slipped in a strong current the day before yesterday and managed to not fall in. :veryhappy:
You have somebody to help you if you do get swept away, right? :unsure:

Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

I am having a lot of low blood sugar moments. I had two poached eggs for breakfast today, an hour later my blood sugar dropped (which has never happened before with a protein). The only different thing in my life is the Metoprolol, but I didn't see any warning about that causing blood sugar to drop, only that you might not notice the drop. Which is no lie, because by the time I notice it, I am pretty weak.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:06 pm
So if you got sick, she'd take the day off. :lol:
Yep. :lol: There was one glorious week that none of us saw her because we were all sick. :lol:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Yesterday, I had a slight sinus headache along with a sore neck and should. I feel better, this morning.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I'm glad you feel better.

Hmm. I wonder if I have low blood sugar. :unsure:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Elara wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:02 am
....by the time I notice it, I am pretty weak.
Yikes. I hope you see your doctor soon to figure it out. I would prescribe a 1000mg chocolate bar. :yes:
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

Cayla wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:02 pm
Yesterday, I had a slight sinus headache along with a sore neck and should. I feel better, this morning.
Glad you feel better. It seems like head pain tends to cause shoulder and neck pain.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:27 pm
Hmm. I wonder if I have low blood sugar. :unsure:
Do you see lights? Have trouble making out what you are looking at? Feel like the blood has left your extremities? Talk like you are drunk, but haven't had any alcohol? If you have answered yes to any of those questions, you too may have low blood sugar. Keep some candy near your bed. :yes:
scottydog wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 pm
Yikes. I hope you see your doctor soon to figure it out. I would prescribe a 1000mg chocolate bar. :yes:
Believe me, I always have chocolate or some candy nearby. :lol:
Back in high school, I woke from a sound sleep and felt really weak. Like I couldn't stand, and when I did, I was just shaking from head to toe. I had no idea what was going on, but somehow I thought I should eat something. Luckily I had a Hershey bar in my dresser, so I grabbed it and ate it all.
It took time, but I figured out what I could eat and couldn't eat, and figured out that I could go without eating. It's not lack of food, it's caused by the high that I drop from. For instance, if I eat potatoes, I will drop. If I eat oatmeal, I will drop, which shouldn't do that, but it does to me. Carbs will get me, which is why dropping after eating eggs is weird. That's a protein, I should be fine. Which is why I am wondering about the Metoprolol. I am supposed to take double the amount now, but I am not feeling really comfortable doing that. I see the doctor in a few weeks, so I guess I'll try the extra, but if my blood sugar gets worse, I am dropping it back down. I don't want to be out with the horses when it's this cold and have to crawl back from the pasture (not again. ;) )
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Elara wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:22 am
Believe me, I always have chocolate or some candy nearby. :lol:
That's excellent self-care :thumbsup: Isn't it fascinating how we're all different? I'm glad you know your tendencies, and I bet you're right that it's the Metoprolol.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Elara wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:22 am
Do you see lights?
Yes. This morning, it was a plow.
Have trouble making out what you are looking at?
I have been having vision issues.
Feel like the blood has left your extremities?
My feet fall asleep easily.
Talk like you are drunk, but haven't had any alcohol?
Shometimesh.
If you have answered yes to any of those questions, you too may have low blood sugar. Keep some candy near your bed. :yes:
I'll give it a try.