2019 Politics- Life in Trump World

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: 2019 Politics- Life in Trump World

Post by Lupine »

But his approval ratings have stayed relatively steady +/- 40% and his core base still supports him fanatically. Couple that with the fact that his Democratic challenger will be the embodiment of pure evil will ease his way back into the White House.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The Left will figure out some way to get him re-elected. It looks like they want to make Reparations a campaign issue, which will probably be enough to do it. Forget the Russians. I think the Democrats are colluding with the Republicans. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:19 pm
The Left will figure out some way to get him re-elected. It looks like they want to make Reparations a campaign issue, which will probably be enough to do it. Forget the Russians. I think the Democrats are colluding with the Republicans. :lol:
I get so fed up the the reparations argument. There's an old saying, "A scab won't heal if you keep picking at it." If the economy starts tanking and his idiotic pick of Stephen Moore for the Federal Reserve makes it past Senate confirmation, then I think his goose will be cooked. Voters will revolt in bad economic conditions regardless of the die hard core base.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gary wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:46 pm
There's an old saying, "A scab won't heal if you keep picking at it."
That's exactly it. But picking at it is the point. There are people whose royalties and ad clicks and groupies depend on escalating social conflicts, and they're the ones who keep these things in play. That's how moronic ideas like Cultural Appropriation get out there.
If the economy starts tanking and his idiotic pick of Stephen Moore for the Federal Reserve makes it past Senate confirmation, then I think his goose will be cooked. Voters will revolt in bad economic conditions regardless of the die hard core base.
That's true, too. The economy is a major motivator. Looks like I'll have to sacrifice early retirement for the good of the country. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Looks like the 2020 election will be centered around health care.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^It seems a good issue to run with since Trump/GOP still seem rather obsessed with the ACA.

And trying to de-fund the Special Olympics isn't a great idea either.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Healthcare should work well for the Democrats. The Right-Wing base wants to repeal "Obamacare" because it has the name "Obama" in it. They don't actually want to repeal any of the provisions of Obamacare. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Looks like they backpedaled on de-funding the Special Olympics. :myowngrave:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I find it humorous and maddening that Trump's supporters are all hollering that the Mueller investigation yielded bupkis, save for all of the people who ended up in jail or are awaiting trial. Barr is a hack, because there is no way a 300-page report can be summarized in four pages. If the Mueller report vindicated Trump as much as he proclaims, then Trump would be actively pushing for it to be released. Meanwhile, the authorities in New York are digging into the Trump organization, which means he could very well be facing indictments the moment he successor recites the Oath of Office.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

It would have helped if Mueller would simply have come out and said "yea" or "nay" on Barr's interpretation of the report.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I can't wait to see how much of the report we'll actually get to look at.

In other news, Joe Biden's chances of becoming president have just dropped to zero. He may have kissed somebody on the back of the head one time. :no: :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Well the media has been signally for a while that they were going to be giving him a rough ride, with that his support for the 90s Crime Bill, and Anita Hill.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Probably, but he's still far and away the favorite according to the polls-- I think he's got it if he throws his hat in.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:37 pm
Probably, but he's still far and away the favorite according to the polls-- I think he's got it if he throws his hat in.
I've expressed this before, but I'll say it anyway -- Joe needs to step aside and help the next generation. I know he doesn't say it, but outwardly he (and his supporters) playing the Bob Dole "It's *my* turn" angle. We don't need two old farts slugging it out next year on the campaign trail. Joe Biden's 'creepy guy' factor is finally catching up with him, and the SJWs along with Independents will not turn a blind eye no matter what his rabid fan base wants.

I've seen comments where people say Joe should pick up someone like Harris to be his running mate. Gee, nothing like the old, white guard picking a minority female as a blatant token. I hope Hillary Clinton doesn't refer to the William Jennings Bryant playbook and opt for another run. No matter what her supporters want to believe, she is NOT electable.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gary wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:26 pm
I've expressed this before, but I'll say it anyway -- Joe needs to step aside and help the next generation. I know he doesn't say it, but outwardly he (and his supporters) playing the Bob Dole "It's *my* turn" angle.
On the contrary, I don't think he wants it at all, which is why it's taking him so long to make up his mind-- if he does run, it's because he's decided that he's the best hope of ousting the Donald.
We don't need two old farts slugging it out next year on the campaign trail. Joe Biden's 'creepy guy' factor is finally catching up with him, and the SJWs along with Independents will not turn a blind eye no matter what his rabid fan base wants.
I couldn't care less how old anyone is. This is the 21st century and even thousands of years ago there were leaders older than him. And if the SJWs start whining about him being White or kissing someone on the back of the head or tokenism, that's exactly the sort of thing that drives Right-Wing recruitment and we've got season two of Donnie-Baby.