Author's Check-in #11

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Author's Check-in #11

Post by blablover5 »

Oh no, Jaya and Variel are facing off against each other! Please vote for one of them because I can’t pick.
http://brackify.com/bracket/35161/OWS-C ... ter-Battle
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I had a feeling that would happen. I picked Jaya.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

Tomorrow is when I'll be super annoying and begging for votes. I hate that I have to ask everyone every day or they drop out.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

Jaya’s in the finals! This is the absolute last time I’ll ask people to vote for her. Please! http://brackify.com/bracket/35161/OWS-C ... ter-Battle
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Eh, don't worry about asking. I'm happy to vote, especially for Jaya. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

And I just learned that they changed whoever was hosting the bracket so my character getting that far doesn't even matter. Now there's a whole different one. AH!!!! I am never doing this con again. It was so much work for no gain.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I finished the re-write of Murder the World. Preliminary word count comes in at 112,906 words, up from the 80,000 or so it had been.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Whoa, that's almost a 50% increase. :eek:
blablover5 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:33 am
And I just learned that they changed whoever was hosting the bracket so my character getting that far doesn't even matter. Now there's a whole different one. AH!!!! I am never doing this con again. It was so much work for no gain.
Wow, they really shouldn't switch horses in mid-stream like that, or boats in mid-racetrack or however that goes. What's the new link?

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

It doesn't matter, it's too late. I'm tired of this mess.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:28 pm
Whoa, that's almost a 50% increase. :eek:
I wanted to add more detail and flesh out the plot more. I'll take a break to clear my head, then start going through the book again.
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

I've decided to try publishing Dwarves in Space through Direct2Digital and, I have to say, it is really nice. I'll still probably go directly through Amazon for my books, but D2D is a great option when I want to go universal.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Direct2Digital does look promising, though I'll have to look into it more to be sure- as it does sound almost a little too good to be true.

Meanwhile I put in some work on a novella currently titled Severance Pay.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

blablover5 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:31 am
It doesn't matter, it's too late. I'm tired of this mess.
Aw, that's too bad. :(
Lupine wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:59 pm
I wanted to add more detail and flesh out the plot more. I'll take a break to clear my head, then start going through the book again.
Cool. Let me know when it's ready. I'd like to read the fleshier version.
blablover5 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:56 pm
I've decided to try publishing Dwarves in Space through Direct2Digital and, I have to say, it is really nice. I'll still probably go directly through Amazon for my books, but D2D is a great option when I want to go universal.
That does look pretty good for expanding access.
Lupine wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 pm
Direct2Digital does look promising, though I'll have to look into it more to be sure- as it does sound almost a little too good to be true.
I like their affiliate program. We could all refer each other and make some extra money. :lol:

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

Lupine wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 pm

Meanwhile I put in some work on a novella currently titled Severance Pay.
Honestly, I think they're the go-to for people trying to free themselves from Amazon's clutches. Lots of people are using them.
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

2k words done on Azlek's story (Champion of Patience). :) The rest must wait for next week.