Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Seems like a nice morning for the beach. I should test out how my Kindle does for some morning photography.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:37 pm
Oh no. As Gary's experience tells us, moving can be no fun at all. How hard do you think it will be to find a suitable place?
Probably not too hard. The thing that occurred to me is that I probably don't have a great credit rating because of this credit card debt, which may be an obstacle.
Gary wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:14 pm
I did ping my friend/renter to mention my shotgun had disappeared.
That's a little bit alarming. :unsure:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:23 pm
:eek: Any ideas where you can go?
I'll have to give it some thought. Not only do I have to keep my Mother in mind, but also my job at this point. I hadn't planned to move for at least a couple of years.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:43 am
RJ might have better luck - any chance of a place on your own?
I hope so. I'd rather have something in a house rather than an apartment building. I'm kind of spoiled by the sweet deal I've had here for the last thirty years.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, everyone :hello:

My last day in Panama City. For some reason, my friend Jim whom I'm staying with wants to see the big Trump Tower on the Pacific side of the isthmus. He hates Trump like I do but he has a morbid fascination for all things Trump.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:43 am
...will you change frozen food shopping destination?
I hadn't thought to ask The Truly Big Questions like where will you get your chocolate :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:27 am
The thing that occurred to me is that I probably don't have a great credit rating because of this credit card debt, which may be an obstacle.
Actually, the opposite could be true. If you've been diligent about paying your debt, doing so can improve your credit score.
Gary wrote:
Went to the house today to haul more boxes and resume cleaning.
Seems like you've been doing moving-related stuff for the past 3 months. I bet you can't wait to resume normal living :yes:
Cayla wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:18 pm
we discovered we have a second frog!
Wow! Evidence of immaculate conception or mitosis?
Last edited by scottydog on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I spent my day pulling weeds and planting flowers in pots. It was a nice day for it...not too hot, not too cold. When Ron came home, we partially drained and cleaned the pond. Upon taking apart the waterfall to clean the filter, we discovered we have a second frog! The 2 were hanging out together. This one appears to be younger than Froggie.

Last night was the first night in 14 1/2 years where Max didn't sleep with me. He refused to go up the stairs. His legs are getting worse. :(

After church, we are going to Cedar Point for the day.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Nothing special planned for today, though I do have to pull a couple of tables out of storage (might use one or both up at the faire).
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:27 am
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:37 pm
Oh no. As Gary's experience tells us, moving can be no fun at all. How hard do you think it will be to find a suitable place?
Probably not too hard. The thing that occurred to me is that I probably don't have a great credit rating because of this credit card debt, which may be an obstacle.
Which is why I don't use credit cards... not that my credit rating is likely all that good (I don't really know how these things work).
Cayla wrote:
I spent my day pulling weeds and planting flowers in pots. It was a nice day for it...not too hot, not too cold. When Ron came home, we partially drained and cleaned the pond. Upon taking apart the waterfall to clean the filter, we discovered we have a second frog! The 2 were hanging out together. This one appears to be younger than Froggie.
We're all getting animal mascots!
Cayla wrote:
Last night was the first night in 14 1/2 years where Max didn't sleep with me. He refused to go up the stairs. His legs are getting worse. :(
:no:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Gary wrote:
Went to the house today to haul more boxes and resume cleaning.
Seems like you've been doing moving-related stuff for the past 3 months. I bet you can't wait to resume normal living :yes:
Very much so. My sense of self is greatly off kilter, so it will take time for me to get my old rhythm back. As I stated in the weather thread, I packed the car this morning and hauled more stuff to the country house. I was a bit surprised to find the garage door (the big one) open when I arrived. I could have sworn I closed it yesterday. This is not the first time I've made that mistake, sometimes returning home from work to find it's still open. Good thing I live in such a secluded area. I can't count the number of times someone could have walked in and taken everything I own.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

well today turned out lovely - i had adone a few loads laiundry and was watering tomatoes oin the poly tunnel when L phoned to invite me to a garden festival north of Emsworth -
but
- thing is...for the second time, headed to a garden festival - we didnt go to a garden festival after all - but ended up having fun doing other stuff instead.

on the highway, we got to a stretch which didnt have l/r turn offs, just one side only ones - so we werre looking for a roundabout or righthand turn to emsworth - missed the lefthand turn to it - went for havant - but ditto - so we planned to go to hayling island - only l missed the turn for that, so we decided we would go to portsmouth instead...

we parked in an old dockyard place and walked past ships and thru pigeon infested forts along the coast and back - stopping off wherever we fancied - for coffee/toilets at a shopping mall for instance - then to see rose and rock gardens and a d-day 75th anniversary 'do''s final day where we lunched. (i have NEVER seen so many portaloos in one location before - must've been at least 100!!!!) we saw/did all sorts - and must've walked for at least 4 hours total, excluding our lunch/refrshement breaks and had a jolly good day out. i posted a handful of pics at FB if anyone wants to 'see'... we ended up trading/buying a ton of books and calling in to maccas for refreshments on our way home. another lovely day with good company/coffee and fun walking/sights.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Today was a nice, relaxing day, and I actually managed to get a few things done.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm
My last day in Panama City. For some reason, my friend Jim whom I'm staying with wants to see the big Trump Tower on the Pacific side of the isthmus. He hates Trump like I do but he has a morbid fascination for all things Trump.
A lot of people do. I think that's part of what gave him the recognition to run for president.
Actually, the opposite could be true. If you've been diligent about paying your debt, doing so can improve your credit score.
That's a good point. I have paid off two of the three cards and I make about three times the minimum payment. Today I contacted Merrill Lynch and told them I want to consolidate all my retirement accounts and maximize my savings for income. Once I do that, I'll use part of it to pay off the last card more quickly, and rent some storage space to start moving things out.
Wow! Evidence of immaculate conception or mitosis?
Okay, at 8:15am you replied to a post that Cayla made at 8:18am. No wonder the forum crashes! Stop screwing with the timestream! :mad:
Cayla wrote:
Upon taking apart the waterfall to clean the filter, we discovered we have a second frog! The 2 were hanging out together. This one appears to be younger than Froggie.
Oh, that's cool. Did you get pictures of them? :frog1:
Aw, the poor guy. :( Is there any way to help him up the stairs, or is he too awkward?
Lupine wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:46 pm
Which is why I don't use credit cards... not that my credit rating is likely all that good (I don't really know how these things work).
Unfortunately, I had to rely on them the year that I was out of work, and then still when I went back to work-- I started out making about half as much at Blue Cross as I was at BMC.
We're all getting animal mascots!
Except me. I got strange people mascots. :lol:
Gary wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:24 pm
Good thing I live in such a secluded area. I can't count the number of times someone could have walked in and taken everything I own.
I hope there aren't bears or coyotes or something in the area that could move in. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:15 pm
on the highway, we got to a stretch which didnt have l/r turn offs, just one side only ones - so we werre looking for a roundabout or righthand turn to emsworth - missed the lefthand turn to it - went for havant - but ditto - so we planned to go to hayling island - only l missed the turn for that, so we decided we would go to portsmouth instead...
The American term for this is "You can't get there from here." :lol:
we parked in an old dockyard place and walked past ships and thru pigeon infested forts along the coast and back - stopping off wherever we fancied - for coffee/toilets at a shopping mall for instance - then to see rose and rock gardens and a d-day 75th anniversary 'do''s final day where we lunched.
That sounds like a wonderful day. :yes:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 pm
Okay, at 8:15am you replied to a post that Cayla made at 8:18am. No wonder the forum crashes! Stop screwing with the timestream! :mad:
It scares me that you check the times of our posts :scared: From my planet's briefing, I was informed that your species rarely shows such conscientiousness.

Cayla posted this morning just after I did, and when i noticed that, i decided I had to respond to her post even if it meant messing with the temporal order of the universe. :borg:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

scottydog wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 pm
Cayla posted this morning just after I did, and when i noticed that, i decided I had to respond to her post even if it meant messing with the temporal order of the universe. :borg:
by Lupine>> Mon 10, 2001 2:08 pm

Hi! I'm Lupine and I just signed up here.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ :lol: :veryhappy:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

:lol:

I don't normally check post times, but I couldn't help notice that the reply came first. :lol:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. rain all day thru today - if theres a break ill skip the hill to wyevALE for carrot seed the head to the plot - if not ill do chores at home til my evening job. L is driving a friend to see a dr, so no coffee today.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's Monday, and I have another late shift....
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:21 am
GM. rain all day thru today - if theres a break ill skip the hill to wyevALE for carrot seed the head to the plot - if not ill do chores at home til my evening job. L is driving a friend to see a dr, so no coffee today.
This has been a very rainy Spring it seems.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Monday, all. :hello:

Time to come home. My flight leaves at 8:30am local time. I have a 4-hour layover in Atlanta and won't be home until 8pm, so it's a long day :flying:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:26 am
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:21 am
GM. rain all day thru today
This has been a very rainy Spring it seems.
Same raininess in Richmond, too. And there's all that flooding in the central US. This could be the new normal. :no:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

We spent about 5 hours at Cedar Point, yesterday. We even spent some of the time on the beach there. It was a nice day, but I am tired, now. :yawn:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.