Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :coffee:

The usual here.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 am
Time to come home. My flight leaves at 8:30am local time. I have a 4-hour layover in Atlanta and won't be home until 8pm, so it's a long day :flying:
Have a safe trip. :hello:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I must go in to HQ for the rest of the week for mainframe training. This will be fun. But probably useful.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 am
Time to come home. My flight leaves at 8:30am local time. I have a 4-hour layover in Atlanta and won't be home until 8pm, so it's a long day :flying:
8pm our time? So you're probably in the air zooming toward Richmond right now.
Cayla wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:57 am
We spent about 5 hours at Cedar Point, yesterday. We even spent some of the time on the beach there. It was a nice day, but I am tired, now. :yawn:
That's a good way to spend a Sunday. :yes:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 pm
So you're probably in the air zooming toward Richmond right now.
Indeed I was, judging from your post time. Storms all over the southeast caused an hour delay, not too bad. The Wife was happy to see me; I have no idea why :conf: Old married couples aren't supposed to miss each other, are they?
Cayla wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:57 am
We even spent some of the time on the beach there. It was a nice day, but I am tired, now. :yawn:
Is it the beach along Lake Erie? As a very young kid, I lived in Pittsburgh before we moved to LA. I have some memories of us driving up to Erie PA to swim in the Great Lake :ocean:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 am
Indeed I was, judging from your post time. Storms all over the southeast caused an hour delay, not too bad. The Wife was happy to see me; I have no idea why :conf: Old married couples aren't supposed to miss each other, are they?
I think they're supposed to look forward to getting their spouse out of their hair and then miss them terribly when they're gone. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Another load of household goods hauled to the house. The carpet cleaner came out, chatted, and even hit one of the mystery spots on the tile. I explained to him that I was planning to hit the tile with some degreaser, but that I might have him out in July anyway. It will be very nice to be back in my comfort zone. It was in the low-70s out there, which made me think how, had I not moved out, I'd have had the doors open while enjoying the cool breeze while the cats would come and go as they pleased.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM
This has been a very rainy Spring it seems.
not at all. we had no rain for week after week - its only been the past few days we have had more than a sprinkle - so spring was dry and summer is warm/wet.
aw i dont know about that scottyfog - i miss my :butterfly: everyday we dont share - and we are not even married but have been hanging out for many years.it doesnt lessen the mood of gratitude to see her again.
i managed to get to the garden center yesterday - but got wet on my way home. today cleaning job, strawberry harvesting at the plot, evening job...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I am off to HQ in the rain.... :rain:
Gary wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am
It will be very nice to be back in my comfort zone. It was in the low-70s out there, which made me think how, had I not moved out, I'd have had the doors open while enjoying the cool breeze while the cats would come and go as they pleased.
Sounds like it won't be much longer....
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 am
aw i dont know about that scottyfog - i miss my :butterfly: everyday we dont share - and we are not even married but have been hanging out for many years.it doesnt lessen the mood of gratitude to see her again.
It's nice to have somebody like that to be with. :yes:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Chewsday, all :hello:

Today I'll do some shopping and run a couple of errands. I might also hang out with friends tonight.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:14 am
I think they're supposed to look forward to getting their spouse out of their hair and then miss them terribly when they're gone. :lol:
Yep, that pretty much describes us :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 am
i miss my :butterfly: everyday we dont share - and we are not even married but have been hanging out for many years.it doesnt lessen the mood of gratitude to see her again.
That's very sweet. What exactly is preventing you from seeing each other every day?
Gary wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am
I explained to him that I was planning to hit the tile with some degreaser
Reminds me of when I worked at McDonalds more than 40 years ago. I worked the closing shift and had to clean up all that grease.... :as:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

scottydog, yes, the beaches here are along Lake Erie. Cedar Point's is much better than Cleveland's Edgewater, but I like the beaches of Erie, PA best. The water is turquoise and clear, there. Years ago, Ohio's Lake Erie used to be brown. Now it is a greenish color.

I really did not miss my husband while I was on my trip.

It has been a cold and wet Spring, here is Ohio. Summer doesn't look to be much better. I'm wondering if we will have a summer this year.

Nothing exciting today. Just work, and if the weather cooperates, I will plant snap dragons.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Oh! I forgot! We had a 4.0 earthquake, yesterday. I didn't feel it.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Did more work on the faire site yesterday, though it was just painting. Have more painting to do yet.
Cayla wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 am
I heard about that. Except for a few small clusters, California's been rather... quiet. :unsure:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Good thing I checked my email before going to HQ this morning-- the training for today was cancelled, though it is still on for the rest of the week.
scottydog wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:15 am
Reminds me of when I worked at McDonalds more than 40 years ago. I worked the closing shift and had to clean up all that grease.... :as:
You mean you failed to get all the grease into your customers? No wonder they fired you! :warn:
Cayla wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am
I really did not miss my husband while I was on my trip.
:lol:
Cayla wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 am
Interesting. I thought I felt some shaking over the weekend, but I didn't see any reports of earthquakes around here.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm
I heard about that. Except for a few small clusters, California's been rather... quiet. :unsure:
Too quiet. :unsure:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm
Lupine wrote:
Too quiet. :unsure:

Which in of itself is rather funny. After the Landers/Big Bear quake everyone was like "earthquakes are increasing! The world's ending!" :panic:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

California was supposed to fall into the ocean a looong time ago.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am
Years ago, Ohio's Lake Erie used to be brown. Now it is a greenish color.
I've heard they've really done a great job cleaning up the lake. I assume it's safe to swim in?
Lupine wrote:
California's been rather... quiet. :unsure:
Clearly you're doomed. Do you have a good supply of food and water for when The Big One hits?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm
Good thing I checked my email before going to HQ this morning-- the training for today was cancelled, though it is still on for the rest of the week.
I hope the mainframe training isn't too dull. Do they feed you a free lunch I hope?