Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
That's very sweet. What exactly is preventing you from seeing each other every day?
we dont live in the same house :D
today - i have an empty morning to be filled with cooking/polytunnelling/chores, then working for L2 indoors if wet outdoors if dry, then my evening job.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Let's take another try at this training thing....
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:12 am
I hope the mainframe training isn't too dull. Do they feed you a free lunch I hope?
Oh, I'll be fighting to stay awake, I'm sure. And there ain't no free lunch. :no:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am
Actually, why not? Two can live as cheaply as one.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Today is my late day of work. :yawn:

scottydog, they have cleaned up the lake, but it still has an awful lot of garbage that washes ashore in Cleveland. Also, about 2-4 times per year during heavy rains, the sewer plant dumps hundreds of thousands of gallons of "treated" sewage into it. I never go into the lake, and whatever beach glass I bring home, I soak in it bleach.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, all :hello:

Today I'll go to the gym and get some exercise, which I haven't done in over a week. Then I'll have lunch with my dear elderly friend Marcia. I hope she's doing okay. Tonight should be a quiet evening spent with The Wife.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am
How far apart are your two houses? Have you thought about living together?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 am
Oh, I'll be fighting to stay awake, I'm sure.
Maybe you can put in your ear-buds and pretend to be paying attention while watching TV on your device. :tv:
Cayla wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 am
they have cleaned up the lake, but it still has an awful lot of garbage that washes ashore in Cleveland. Also, about 2-4 times per year during heavy rains, the sewer plant dumps hundreds of thousands of gallons of "treated" sewage into it. I never go into the lake, and whatever beach glass I bring home, I soak in it bleach.
Oh my goodness, all this sounds unconscionable. Are there fish living in the lake? I'm shocked that we can still legally pollute our lakes and rivers :no:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Nothing major planned for today though I have to paint some items for the faire, but that can be done at home.
scottydog wrote:
Do you have a good supply of food and water for when The Big One hits?
To some extent. But I've always figured that any disaster big enough to prepare for is too big to prepare for. Having said that we could always make a long-range supply run to Nevada or Arizona.
Cayla wrote:
scottydog, they have cleaned up the lake, but it still has an awful lot of garbage that washes ashore in Cleveland. Also, about 2-4 times per year during heavy rains, the sewer plant dumps hundreds of thousands of gallons of "treated" sewage into it. I never go into the lake, and whatever beach glass I bring home, I soak in it bleach.
Same thing happens here. There's always warnings after heavy rains not to swim in the ocean in some areas.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

So the irony of this training is that it was assigned to me based on my old job. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
scottydog, they have cleaned up the lake, but it still has an awful lot of garbage that washes ashore in Cleveland.
Is the cleanup still in progress?
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am
Today I'll go to the gym and get some exercise, which I haven't done in over a week.
I haven't done that in over a week, either.
Maybe you can put in your ear-buds and pretend to be paying attention while watching TV on your device. :tv:
My preferred remedy is to paint eyeballs on my eyelids. :blankstare:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:43 pm
But I've always figured that any disaster big enough to prepare for is too big to prepare for.
Well put. Either build a bunker or forget about it. :lol:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:43 pm
I've always figured that any disaster big enough to prepare for is too big to prepare for.
I like your logic here. I watch these shows on the zombie apocalypse and I conclude that a good reliable suicide pill is preferable to storing tons of food and water :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 pm
My preferred remedy is to paint eyeballs on my eyelids.
I would do this at faculty meetings except that they occasionally call on my for my input. I hate that. It means I have to pay attention to senseless drivel pouring out of people's mouths. :coocoo:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 am

Let's take another try at this training thing....
scottydog wrote:
I hope the mainframe training isn't too dull. Do they feed you a free lunch I hope?
Oh, I'll be fighting to stay awake, I'm sure. And there ain't no free lunch. :no:
Mainframe training? :wtf: :as: I refuse to EVER touch another mainframe for the rest of my days. My condolences.

Meanwhile, I made two trips to the house tonight. I can get some more items tomorrow, like the computer printer, paper shredder, and a box of files along with some other items. I should be able to take some more dresser drawers and maybe the two night stands Friday evening. That leaves throwing the small amount of refrigerated foods into a cooler for Saturday and then the remaining large pieces of furniture. If Blake gets a trailer, then I'll rent some moving blankets and will get it all in one trip. After that, I have to vacuum around this place and do some light cleaning.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
Actually, why not? Two can live as cheaply as one.
I have a son living with me in mine.....
How far apart are your two houses? Have you thought about living together?
about 3-4 minutes walk round the block - only 1 minute when the fence is down between the garage blocks. :loopy: :yes:
more rain today but not as much as yesterday apparently... so....i may or may not get my gardening job doewn thids arvo. i have cleaning morning/evening though.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

And another day of arcane computer commands lies ahead.....
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:18 am
I watch these shows on the zombie apocalypse and I conclude that a good reliable suicide pill is preferable to storing tons of food and water :lol:
But then you become one of them. :zombie:
I would do this at faculty meetings except that they occasionally call on my for my input. I hate that. It means I have to pay attention to senseless drivel pouring out of people's mouths. :coocoo:
Hmm. I wonder if you could hack Alexa to make her respond to your name and speak in your voice.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:31 am
Well, three can live as cheaply as one and a half.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, everyone :hello:

Today I'll try to get some writing done. I really need to mow the lawn but we keep getting rain, making mowing impossible. :unsure: Tonight The Wife and I are going ballroom dancing :dancer:
Gary wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 am
Mainframe training? :wtf: :as: I refuse to EVER touch another mainframe for the rest of my days. My condolences.
I didn't know mainframes still exist. I don't think I've heard that term this century.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:31 am
So if your son gets his own house, maybe you and your :butterfly: can live together. :love:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:28 am
But then you become one of them. :zombie:
I hadn't thought of that. Then I'm doomed. :wallbash:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Today, I have a hair appointment, so I will be able to catch up with my old high school friend, while she cuts my hair. After, I need to purchase a Father's Day card for my stepfather-in-law, and then do 2 loads of laundry, and some cleaning. Addie is at her father's house, so she may come visit me, this afternoon.

I found a solution to getting these people out of my basement. My friend, whom I let stay for a few months, is getting too comfortable, and is not doing what she is supposed to be doing to move forward in life. She also has her deadbeat 23-year-old boyfriend with no job staying here a few nights a week, without our consent. And then there is Lisa, who thinks so can just show up and sleep in my spare room in the basement whenever she pleases. Without consulting Ron, I volunteered to house the seminary intern from Slovakia for the entire month of September. Surprisingly, upon hearing this, Lisa made a phone interview to get a bed at a rehab facility. We are waiting for them to call when a bed becomes available. Hopefully, it will be today. The other one is salty with us, but she will get over it.

RJ, they need to clean the beach up every morning, as they do in Florida, and Cedar Point, but they don't. I think they clean it up right before Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day. That is it. It is amazing the amount of plastic that washes ashore. There are fish in the lake. Lake Erie is known for it's perch and walleye, but I won't eat any of it.

BTW, how is emma? Have you talked to her recently?

I miss Elara and Opali too.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Trash day and at some point I should do some shopping.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:18 am
I watch these shows on the zombie apocalypse and I conclude that a good reliable suicide pill is preferable to storing tons of food and water :lol:
Don't worry about zombies. Once the world's big predators (bears, wolves, feral dogs) realize these shambling husks are edible, they'll take care of the problem for you.
Cayla wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:35 pm
Yeah, last I heard she had gotten to go to the Scottish faire.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Once the world's big predators (bears, wolves, feral dogs) realize these shambling husks are edible, they'll take care of the problem for you.
Don't forget, you are what you eat, which means I'm 100% chocolate, and a lot of these animals don't like chocolate.
Cayla wrote:
I found a solution to getting these people out of my basement.
I have to say that's a pretty sneaky solution. I approve. :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

One more day of training, then the weekend is finally here. This has been a long week.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:35 am
I didn't know mainframes still exist. I don't think I've heard that term this century.
It's like being back in the 80s, when the term WYSIWYG was just Science Fiction. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
I found a solution to getting these people out of my basement.
I guess I'm not the only one being haunted by strange people. :lol:
RJ, they need to clean the beach up every morning, as they do in Florida, and Cedar Point, but they don't.
I'm sure the administrators and the legislators are paid very well, though.
I talk to her almost every day. She's doing very well. She got her computer back a while ago, but wasn't able to log in. We plan on working on it together, but she has a lot of appointments and stuff to go to. A lot of times when I talk to her she's waiting for an appointment to start or waiting for her ride home, thanks to the three-hour time difference.
I miss Elara and Opali too.
Yeah, Elara's been gone for a long time. I wish Opali would come more often, too.
Lupine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Don't worry about zombies. Once the world's big predators (bears, wolves, feral dogs) realize these shambling husks are edible, they'll take care of the problem for you.
Are Zombies edible, though? Seems to me they'd probably be poisonous. Or eating them might cause the Zombie virus to cross into other species. We could have a Zombie Apocalypse of the Animal Kingdom.