Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:53 pm
BTW, how is emma? Have you talked to her recently?
I talk to her almost every day. She's doing very well... Elara's been gone for a long time. I wish Opali would come more often, too.
I'm glad emma's doing well. Elara's probably recovering from severe injury :eek: :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:53 pm
Are Zombies edible, though? Seems to me they'd probably be poisonous.
There was an episode where they fed zombies to the pigs, and then gave the pigs to the Saviors. :pig:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 pm
I'm glad emma's doing well. Elara's probably recovering from severe injury :eek: :lol:
She probably has no Internet. Her local company is pretty bad.
There was an episode where they fed zombies to the pigs, and then gave the pigs to the Saviors. :pig:
Oh, yeah, I kind of remember that. Ezekiel's people did that, didn't they?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Yes. Very sneaky. Yet it had no ill-effects on the Saviors.

I hope jgc is doing okay.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. firefox is being a pain since it updated 2 days ago - i have to manually enter sign in info to every page i go to everytime - it wont save! ahead today - evening cleaning job
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's Friday at last! :bounce:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:47 pm
^^ Yes. Very sneaky. Yet it had no ill-effects on the Saviors.
Maybe because they cooked it.
I hope jgc is doing okay.
Me, too. It's been about a week since we heard from her.
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:26 am
GM. firefox is being a pain since it updated 2 days ago - i have to manually enter sign in info to every page i go to everytime - it wont save!
That's a pain. I think I got an update earlier this week and everything seems okay. Did it get set to clear cookies on exit, maybe?

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I think my mom is coming to stay with me today. We have Addie's dance recital to attend tomorrow. Speaking of Addie, last night she came over with her friend. They seem to think the cubby behind my closet is a hidden room. They got this epiphany of making it their own space, so they grabbed my broom, vacuum, and duster to clear out the dust and cobwebs. Then they borrowed Ron's tape measure, and made a drawing of the plan. I have to take them to 5 Below this week to buy pillows, bamboo mats, and other items to decorate. The girls have been doing a lemonade stand, and have so far made $90 towards their summer funds. My neighbor is letting them set one up in her yard during our City Wide Garage Sale Next weekend.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Friday, all :hello:

It's almost father's day. My father's day gift is visiting my daughter, whom I haven't seen in 7 months. So The Wife and I are headed up to New York City today for brief weekend visit. Tonight we're all going out to dinner with her band in Brooklyn. :drum: :guitar:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 am
Two can live as cheaply as one.
Actually, have you thought about getting a roommate? Maybe it could help you retire sooner.
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 am
..they grabbed my broom, vacuum, and duster to clear out the dust and cobwebs. Then they borrowed Ron's tape measure, and made a drawing of the plan. I have to take them to 5 Below this week to buy pillows, bamboo mats, and other items to decorate. The girls have been doing a lemonade stand, and have so far made $90 towards their summer funds.
They sound like great kids. I remember setting up my own lemonade stand as a kid :lemon:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Another day. :yawn:

Finishing up laundry. May or may not go up to Big Bear, but we do have to get ready for the Koroneburg Ren Faire tomorrow.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I am now highly trained and ready for the weekend. :cooldude:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 am
Speaking of Addie, last night she came over with her friend. They seem to think the cubby behind my closet is a hidden room. They got this epiphany of making it their own space, so they grabbed my broom, vacuum, and duster to clear out the dust and cobwebs. Then they borrowed Ron's tape measure, and made a drawing of the plan. I have to take them to 5 Below this week to buy pillows, bamboo mats, and other items to decorate.
Ah, a secret HQ. That would be me. :lol: When we first moved to Bayley Terrace, I noticed that the rooms didn't seem to line up quite right, so I measured everything out with a yardstick and discovered a space of about three or four feet between the rooms that was unaccounted for. My Uncle decided that it was probably for a dumbwaiter or something when the building was a factory. I wanted to open it up and see what was inside and turn it into a library room for my books or something. The adults in the house were notably unenthusiastic about this idea.
scottydog wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 am
So The Wife and I are headed up to New York City today for brief weekend visit. Tonight we're all going out to dinner with her band in Brooklyn. :drum: :guitar:
Are you gonna Rock'n'Roll all night and party every day? B)
Actually, have you thought about getting a roommate? Maybe it could help you retire sooner.
AAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!! :scared:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

We had a nice day with my daughter Heather and her boyfriend. We had dinner and chilled for a bit before calling it an early night. Tomorrow we'll go into Manhattan and see the Met.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 pm
AAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!! :scared:
I'm going out on a limb here by concluding you may not be thrilled with the idea of getting a roommate :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 pm
I noticed that the rooms didn't seem to line up quite right, so I measured everything out with a yardstick and discovered a space of about three or four feet between the rooms that was unaccounted for.
I would have surmised that all the bodies were disposed of there :rip:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. :( did NOT get much sleep last night - loud bursts of music dotted quieter music PLUS lots of talking/laughter from next door til about 11.30pm - so much for reading in bed and acatching up on sleep.... :(
ahead, a plot trot, reading, chores, and coking....or i might shop - dont know...doesnt matter - nothing has to be done/nothing exciting to do til monday morning.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's Saturday, and that means breakfast with Mom and Chloe. :wiggle:
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:09 am
We had a nice day with my daughter Heather and her boyfriend.
That's nice. What's the latest news of your daughter's band?
I'm going out on a limb here by concluding you may not be thrilled with the idea of getting a roommate :lol:
I want a remote farmhouse with lots of bookcases, surrounded by nature, where I can have peace and quiet-- or Rock'n'Roll all night, as the mood strikes me.
I would have surmised that all the bodies were disposed of there :rip:
Oh, I had all kinds of theories. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:22 am
GM. :( did NOT get much sleep last night - loud bursts of music dotted quieter music PLUS lots of talking/laughter from next door til about 11.30pm - so much for reading in bed and acatching up on sleep.... :(
That's awful. That's how it is here since my other Cousin started working at the shop. He just will not go home. What kind of person works until after 9oclock on a Friday night? :no: By the way, check out the "Roy" thread. ;)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Today I have to attend Addie's annual dance recital. :Ahhh: It's at noon. I hope I can get out of there after a few hours. The one year, it went on and on for 6 hours.

I would have insisted on seeing that room, RJ. The girls are going to pay for the remodel of their secret hidden room by themselves. They told me so. Hence, the lemonade stand at my garage sale next weekend.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Saturday, all :hello:

Today's we'll head to the Met and see some cool art. Central Park should be nice today.

RJ, my daughter's band is still touring regularly -- they do a west coast tour in July and another European tour in August. They have a new EP which my daughter played for me yesterday -- it sounds really good (or as good as post-punk can sound :lol:)

Maddy, I'm sorry you have noisy neighbors. I know what that's like :mad:

Hope y'all have a great day :yes:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Will try to get to the Koroneburg Ren Faire today. As for yesterday I got up to Big Bear to work, but was delayed an hour due to a road closure. Why the road was still closed a day after the fire is beyond me.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:22 am
Glad none of my close neighbors have parties. :no:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm
Today I have to attend Addie's annual dance recital. :Ahhh: It's at noon. I hope I can get out of there after a few hours. The one year, it went on and on for 6 hours.
:eek: I had to go to a dance recital for some freind's kids, but thankfully it didn't go on that long and the college-age girls made the night moderately tolerable.