Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everybody. :hello:

I talked to a guy at Merrill Lynch the other day about consolidating my retirement assets and optimizing it all for income, so he said he would send me some information and forms. Today I got a envelope with a return envelope in it. That's it. Just a return envelope. I'm torn between either emailing him or sending back the envelope with a note that says "There's nothing here." :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm
Today I have to attend Addie's annual dance recital. :Ahhh: It's at noon. I hope I can get out of there after a few hours. The one year, it went on and on for 6 hours.
Oh, man, I had to go to a few of those for both my Sister and my Niece. Painful. :dead:
I would have insisted on seeing that room, RJ.
I tried. I still wonder what was in there. Human bones, maybe. Or the remains of a space alien who crashed in the swamp back in the 50s. The dusty of old costume of a deceased superhero from the 1940s. Or maybe just stacks of old Pulp magazines in mint condition.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:28 pm
RJ, my daughter's band is still touring regularly -- they do a west coast tour in July and another European tour in August. They have a new EP which my daughter played for me yesterday
Cool. Is the album available yet?
-- it sounds really good (or as good as post-punk can sound :lol:)
I'm really tired of "post" stuff. Somebody really needs to come up with a new trend. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:52 pm
Will try to get to the Koroneburg Ren Faire today.
Have a good time. :yes:
Why the road was still closed a day after the fire is beyond me.
Must be some kind of coverup. The fire was probably caused by a saucer crash.
:eek: I had to go to a dance recital for some freind's kids, but thankfully it didn't go on that long and the college-age girls made the night moderately tolerable.
That would definitely take the edge off. :yes:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

We had a good day in NYC. We walked around the lower east side and the bowery, then hopped on a subway to central park where we walked around for an hour. Then we spent a few hours at the Met and saw many classic paintings by van Gogh and many other greats.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:52 pm
I got up to Big Bear to work, but was delayed an hour due to a road closure. W
Holy cow. Did you literally have to sit there for an hour waiting for the road to reopen? :o
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 pm
Today I got a envelope with a return envelope in it. That's it. Just a return envelope. I'm torn between either emailing him or sending back the envelope with a note that says "There's nothing here." :lol:
Nothing like good old fashioned human error. Much like when I email someone telling them I'm sending them an attachment but I forget to attach it. :coocoo:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. another nothing day lies ahead. yesterday i popped to the plot and rustington and cooked and booked and computed....in gloomy lonesoneness. another day to exist thru before i can live tomorrow morning lies ahead...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I'm not sure if it's too rainy to head down to the beach or not....
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:08 am
We had a good day in NYC. We walked around the lower east side and the bowery
How are the boys?
Then we spent a few hours at the Met and saw many classic paintings by van Gogh and many other greats.
That sounds great. I love van Gogh. :paint:
Nothing like good old fashioned human error. Much like when I email someone telling them I'm sending them an attachment but I forget to attach it. :coocoo:
Oh, yeah, everybody's done it. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:21 am
...in gloomy lonesoneness. another day to exist thru before i can live tomorrow morning lies ahead...
I hope it's not that bad. :no:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, all :hello:

Today my daughter and her bf are taking me and The Wife out to brunch for Father's Day. Then we head back home to Richmond. It's been a great weekend seeing them.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:32 am
How are the boys?
The Bowery Boys are doing well, altho they're looking quite old :oldman: :oldman: :oldman:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:21 am
another day to exist thru before i can live tomorrow morning lies ahead...
I wish I was there to keep you company and cheer you up :)
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I have no plans for today. It is raining, again. Everything I would like to do, involves being outdoors. :(
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Good day at the faire yesterday. A surprisingly large turnout for this faire. So much so that the Preferred Parking was full up and we had to park in the regular lot (made for a long walk to the gate).
As for today, I need to wash some things and rest up from yesterday.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 pm
Why the road was still closed a day after the fire is beyond me.
Must be some kind of coverup. The fire was probably caused by a saucer crash.
With Lucerne? Anything is possible. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:08 am
Holy cow. Did you literally have to sit there for an hour waiting for the road to reopen? :o
Yup, a whole hour. In the heat. :as:
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:32 am
How are the boys?
The Bowery Boys are doing well, altho they're looking quite old :oldman: :oldman: :oldman:
And the younger lurkers are going "Boys? What are they talking about?" :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Once again I failed to bestir myself down to Best Buy to get my camera fixed. Well, as long as it's done by the time my long weekends start, I'll be happy.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am
Today my daughter and her bf are taking me and The Wife out to brunch for Father's Day.
I hope you had a great Father's Day.
At least they will live forever on celluloid.
Cayla wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:01 pm
I have no plans for today. It is raining, again. Everything I would like to do, involves being outdoors. :(
Same here, as far as the weather goes.
Lupine wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:50 pm
Good day at the faire yesterday. A surprisingly large turnout for this faire. So much so that the Preferred Parking was full up and we had to park in the regular lot (made for a long walk to the gate).
Nice that business is good. :yes:
And the younger lurkers are going "Boys? What are they talking about?" :lol:
I get that a lot. :lol:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Got home from NYC safely. We had a great weekend. This morning we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. The history of that bridge is fascinating.
Cayla wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:01 pm
It is raining, again. Everything I would like to do, involves being outdoors. :(
Rainy days are perfect for binge-watching TV shows. I've been binge-watching Star Trek: Discovery and Game of Thrones during all our bad weather. It has me even rooting for rain :lol:
Lupine wrote:
That's great about the big turnout. How much is the entrance fee?
Lupine wrote:
Yup, a whole hour. In the heat. :as:
That sounds miserable. Especially if you don't have AC in your car. :as:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 pm
Once again I failed to bestir myself down to Best Buy to get my camera fixed. Well, as long as it's done by the time my long weekends start, I'll be happy.
When do your long weekends begin? That's a really nice perk of your job :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 pm
I hope you had a great Father's Day.
I did, thank you. I really miss my daughter, though. I wish she and I lived in the same city. :sob:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, this is interesting. I just got a FB friend request from an old friend from Junior High and High School. This guy was my best friend for a while and we spent many a day and night reading comic books and watching old sci-fi movies together. Apparently somebody reposted my essay on my old Latin teacher Bob Mitchell on Facebook and he used that to track me down. I was just scrolling through his friends list and I saw a lot of names that I haven't thought about in a long time.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:09 am
This morning we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge.
Fun Fact: I own that bridge. Don't worry, no toll. Funner Fact: Brooklyn Bridge is currently playing at Hargil's.
When do your long weekends begin? That's a really nice perk of your job :yes:
August 9th this year. :yes:
I did, thank you. I really miss my daughter, though. I wish she and I lived in the same city. :sob:
You've got to get her some gigs in Richmond. :guitar:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:23 am
Fun Fact: I own that bridge. Don't worry, no toll. Funner Fact: Brooklyn Bridge is currently playing at Hargil's.
I thought you owned some swamp in Florida. Oh well. I'll have to check out Hargil's :flashlight:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:23 am
Well, this is interesting. I just got a FB friend request from an old friend from Junior High and High School. This guy was my best friend for a while and we spent many a day and night reading comic books and watching old sci-fi movies together.
That's so cool! I think that's the one redeeming thing about Facebook -- it reconnects people who have lost track of each other.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. yesterday was rainy all morning and sulky all afternoon. i did very little other than walk round the block and read 2 entire books. i was restless without anything to put my mind or body to...
today - monday starts a new week - hopefully more pleasant than last week. i havent hung with L since a week ago yesterday and noone else brightens my day. i didnt have anything fun on the agenda to do or share with her, and the weather and my sinusses let me down.
at least i get coffee with L to start the week this week....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Monday, and I think today's a late day.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:25 am
I thought you owned some swamp in Florida.
I do, and Man-Thing hasn't paid his rent in years. :no:
That's so cool! I think that's the one redeeming thing about Facebook -- it reconnects people who have lost track of each other.
It's so strange to see pictures of these people who I remember as teenagers, who are now pushing sixty-- and posting about their grandkids! :eek:
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:08 am
i did very little other than walk round the block and read 2 entire books.
Two entire books in one day sounds great to me. :book: :book:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Monday, all :hello:

Just a bunch of little things to do today -- laundry, grocery shopping, bank, and lunch.
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:08 am
...the weather and my sinusses let me down.
Is there a time of year when the sinuses are not so bad?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:29 am
It's so strange to see pictures of these people who I remember as teenagers, who are now pushing sixty-- and posting about their grandkids! :eek:
Yes, it's happening -- aging and grandkidding and impending death. That's actually why I'm traveling so much now. The end of this incarnation is right around the corner. :myowngrave:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

We ended up going to Medina to drop off Ron's stepfather's card for Father's Day. They weren't home (we knew that), but we went to A.I. Root Candle, to walk around and buy candles. It wasn't raining there, so we walked around the town square, and had some ice cream from a new shop.

Today is the last day of peace, before the doctor returns, Only 6 more weeks until his next trip.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.