Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-in Thread #97: Berkelium Kurt

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, everyone :hello:

Today I hope to get some writing done. I may start finally binge-watching the final season of Game of Thrones.. Yesterday I mowed the lawn and got drenched by the oppressive humidity. :no:

Hope y'all have a great day :yes:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

The doctor's first day back went relatively well. He is sick. He behaves himself when he is sick. However, I do fear he has something going on with his heart, or his pituitary tumor. His pallor is bad, and he looks older and more tired. Every time he travels abroad, he comes home feeling like this, and it keeps getting worse with each trip. scottydog, is right....we need to travel and do things, before it becomes to hard to do. This is why I am trying to move sooner, rather than later. I don't want to relocate, and not be able to enjoy it. I'm working on a plan to spend 2-4 weeks in Florida this winter. It all depends on how much money I can save between now and then. Also it depends on if I can get my work to let me go for more than 2 weeks without giving my job away.

The weather was finally pleasant, yesterday, so I went on my usual lunch time walk and an after dinner walk with Ron. I'm not sure I will get any walks in the next 2 days, due to the weather.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Nothing really on tap for today. Did more work at the faire site yesterday. Found a leak and we reported it to various people... with no response so far. :unsure:
Cayla wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 am
The doctor's first day back went relatively well. He is sick. He behaves himself when he is sick. However, I do fear he has something going on with his heart, or his pituitary tumor. His pallor is bad, and he looks older and more tired. Every time he travels abroad, he comes home feeling like this, and it keeps getting worse with each trip.
:no:
Cayla wrote:
I'm not sure I will get any walks in the next 2 days, due to the weather.
Yeah I haven't been getting any walking in here as it's been getting too hot too early lately.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I almost forgot. Our very own Lupine has authored yet another heroes essay at my heroes blog. This one is about the heroism of humanity's first writers. You can read it here.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:
Cayla wrote:
However, I do fear he has something going on with his heart, or his pituitary tumor.
Poor guy. Wasn't he going to have some surgery if he got worse? :(
scottydog, is right....we need to travel and do things, before it becomes to hard to do. This is why I am trying to move sooner, rather than later.
I do agree. That's why I want to retire as soon as possible. I need more time for my writing and other projects. Just in case I get old and die. Not saying that I will, but just in case. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:50 pm
Did more work at the faire site yesterday. Found a leak and we reported it to various people... with no response so far. :unsure:
What was leaking?
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 pm
I almost forgot. Our very own Lupine has authored yet another heroes essay at my heroes blog. This one is about the heroism of humanity's first writers. You can read it here.
Sweet. I will check that out. I do agree that writers are our greatest heroes. :quill: :D

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
scottydog, is right....we need to travel and do things, before it becomes to hard to do. This is why I am trying to move sooner, rather than later. I don't want to relocate, and not be able to enjoy it. I'm working on a plan to spend 2-4 weeks in Florida this winter.
I'm glad you're making plans to spend more wintertime in Florida. That will be good for your mental health :yes:
Lupine wrote:
Found a leak and we reported it to various people... with no response so far. :unsure:
I want to know what this leak is, too. Fuel? Urine?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:50 pm
I want to retire as soon as possible. I need more time for my writing and other projects. Just in case I get old and die. Not saying that I will, but just in case. :lol:
You getting old and dying probably won't happen, but it's nice to have a contingency plan :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. cleaning, gardening, cleaning jobs on todays agenda.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Another late shift today. I don't mind starting at 10, but hanging in there till 6 is a killer. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:50 am
You getting old and dying probably won't happen, but it's nice to have a contingency plan :lol:
I'm sure I'm overreacting. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:15 am
Seems like a busy week for you.

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, all :hello:

Looks like the sound on my laptop computer is broken. I'll need to bring it in to our IT people this morning. Tonight The Wife and I are going ballroom dancing :dancer:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:18 am
Another late shift today. I don't mind starting at 10, but hanging in there till 6 is a killer. :lol:
The nice thing about this time of year is that where you live, there are 3 more hours of daylight -- from 6 to 9pm. You could go on an evening photo safari :camera:
Madeliaette wrote:
Seems like a busy week for you.
It does seem busier than usual for Maddy. :loopy:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I'm taking Addie on a paranormal investigation of the church, later this morning. :lol: This evening, I have a book club meeting. In the between the two is a load of laundry, and some cleaning.

We finally got Lisa into detox, yesterday. I'm hoping she decides to stay beyond the 7 days of detox for treatment.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Another day. :coffee:

Plans are fluid for today.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:50 pm
Lupine wrote:
Did more work at the faire site yesterday. Found a leak and we reported it to various people... with no response so far. :unsure:
What was leaking?
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:50 am
I want to know what this leak is, too. Fuel? Urine?
Just water. Looks like it's the line that the number 2 guy uses when he parks his camper up there. It's reportedly been taken care of now.
Madeliaette wrote:
I should really do some cleaning around here.
Cayla wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:29 pm
We finally got Lisa into detox, yesterday. I'm hoping she decides to stay beyond the 7 days of detox for treatment.
Hope it goes well.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:54 pm
Just water. Looks like it's the line that the number 2 guy uses when he parks his camper up there. It's reportedly been taken care of now.
Too bad it was just water. I was hoping for blood or urine or something ominously entertaining :evil:
Cayla wrote:
You never know, her recovery might stick. Or she may decide to continue to self-destruct. Addiction is such an unpredictable disease. I'm rooting for her.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Today one of my co-workers asked me to switch an early shift for a late shift, and of course I agreed. I have a feeling this will happen frequently. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:05 am
The nice thing about this time of year is that where you live, there are 3 more hours of daylight -- from 6 to 9pm. You could go on an evening photo safari :camera:
Theoretically, except for the weariness and all the stuff I do in the evenings. But I could go out in the morning before work. I just need to re-think the entire concept of time itself. :time:
Cayla wrote:
I'm taking Addie on a paranormal investigation of the church, later this morning. :lol:
Good luck, I hope you catch a ghost. :ghost:
Good luck to her. It's a hard, hard thing to deal with. :no:
Lupine wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:54 pm
Plans are fluid for today.
What, another leak? :D
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:08 pm
Too bad it was just water. I was hoping for blood or urine or something ominously entertaining :evil:
I was kind of hoping for unidentified toxic waste that seeps into the groundwater causing giant freakish mutations to grow and wreak havoc across the countryside. But that's just me.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:19 pm
I was kind of hoping for unidentified toxic waste that seeps into the groundwater causing giant freakish mutations to grow and wreak havoc across the countryside.
Maybe the mutations have an exotic freaky look not unlike a Renaissance Faire costume, and the alien life walks among the faire-goers unnoticed.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:19 pm
I just need to re-think the entire concept of time itself. :time:
What grade did you get in Temporal Mechanics 101? :professor:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. gardening job, shopping, plot trot, cleaning job on todays agenda.
yesterday i stopped to gas bag with L on my way back from doing L2's garden.