Fear The Walking Dead - Season 5 - SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Fear The Walking Dead - Season 5 - SPOILERS!

Post by scottydog »

I liked your idea that the entire apocalypse was a military medical experiment gone awry, and that it affected not just living tissue but also gas and electronic equipment.

So gas should have gone bad years earlier. Many years earlier, assuming the apocalypse happened 8 or 9 years ago. Plus, by now all the canned goods that they seem to keep finding should have long since run out.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Right, I forgot to mention the food. All the canned goods and the stuff they find in vending machines and so forth-- the Zombie Virus is keeping all that fresh, too. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Ahhh, right :lol: In a real apocalypse, there would be near-starvation. Survivors should be gaunt. I guess none of the actors are willing to lose a ton of weight, as it would be unhealthy.

But I wonder with CGI they can use camera tricks to make characters look painfully thin....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Serious actors would be willing to suffer for their art.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ True.

I think TWD starts up again in a few weeks :bounce:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Not until October. This is only the mid-season break for Fear. It will be back with eight more episodes in August.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:22 pm
Not until October. This is only the mid-season break for Fear. It will be back with eight more episodes in August.
Damn. Do you know when all the new Rick Grimes spinoffs start up?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The first one is supposed to begin shooting this year, but nothing more specific than that. It's supposed to be a theatrical release.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:33 pm
The first one is supposed to begin shooting this year, but nothing more specific than that. It's supposed to be a theatrical release.
That'll be cool. I hope they do a good job with it. I wonder who the supporting characters will be....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I think all we know so far is that Jadis will be in it.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Be afraid. Fear The Walking Dead returns tonight. :zombie:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I wonder who will die tonight? :rip:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, this was a very good episode, done completely in documentary style. Like other shows and films done as a documentary or found-film compilation, it stretches credulity that the events would be caught so thoroughly on film, but it was a nice way to get into everyone's head at this juncture. And it's nice to see that everyone is on board with the Samaritan scenario. "If everybody helps, then we can help everybody." A timely and important message that probably explains why the ratings are so low.

Of course, not everybody outside the group is so altruistic. Max Headroom seems to have gotten back together with his old friends and he's not very kind to strangers. It looks like Motorcycle Guy wasn't sold on the pitch, but now he may have no choice but to hook up with the gang. I wonder how that will work out-- assuming they arrive in time to save his pedestrian butt.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I should be able to watch this episode tomorrow morning :thumbsup:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Yep, good episode and so cool to see that everyone's on board with their mission of altruism.

The mine-field scenario was done very well. I'm glad that woman finally came out of her house to help Morgan. How did she have enough food and water to last so many years?

And yes, Max Headroom wants to spoil the Samaritan party. I guess we always need a villain for our heroes to overcome or else we don't have much of a story.