Check-In #99: Indian, Islamic, Hungarian Clone & Agent

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In #99: Indian, Islamic, Hungarian Clone & Agent

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

One more day of the doctor. It is our late night, but he is leaving early.

RJ, the Slovakian gentleman has been here since June 30. He has been staying with other people from the church. I'm not sure of the exact date he moves into my house. I will find out this weekend.

I don't have an attic. Just a storage closet and a few cubby holes on the second floor.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday everyone :hello:

Today I'm meeting with my movie review buddy Greg to review Crawl and The Art of Racing in the Rain. That's about it.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 am
And Maddie's not here, just like she predicted. (12 days to go.)
I hope she gets in a few plot-trots and Indian tuckers.
Cayla wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am
I don't have an attic. Just a storage closet and a few cubby holes on the second floor.
Do you have a garage? Without a basement or garage, our attic is really the only place we have to store stuff. Our closet space is horrible because our house was built in the 1950s, back when people must not have owned much stuff.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Morning, everyone. :hello:

Each day flows into the next. Same old same old.

RJ when do your Fridays off start?
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, folks. :coffee:

Just another day here.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I'm still getting email coupons from Big Y as if they're not deserting me.
Cayla wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am
RJ, the Slovakian gentleman has been here since June 30. He has been staying with other people from the church.
What does he do, move around to get to know different people? Or just based on availability?
scottydog wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:04 pm
Our closet space is horrible because our house was built in the 1950s, back when people must not have owned much stuff.
And now self-storage units are big business because people own too much stuff. :lol:
jgc wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 pm
Each day flows into the next.
:messiah:
RJ when do your Fridays off start?
Last Friday, actually, although I had things to do, like go to the dentist. This Friday will be the first one where I can just goof off. :feelinggood:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good evening!

RJ, one family took him in for July, another for August, and then he will stay here in September.

scottydog, my house was built in the 1950's too. We have a garage with storage in the rafters, and an attached shed. We also have an additional garden shed behind the garage.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 pm
scottydog, my house was built in the 1950's too. We have a garage with storage in the rafters, and an attached shed. We also have an additional garden shed behind the garage.
Ahh, sounds like you have more storage space than we do. We have no garage and no basement, and no attached shed, either. We do have an attic and a crawlspace with roughly 6,000 camelback spiders in it.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:05 pm
I'm still getting email coupons from Big Y
Wow, another Big Why?
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm....
And Maddie's not here, just like she predicted. (12 days to go.)
i am late today too - rushing the next two days, but should pop in for sure sunday - unlessI have isp/pc troubles.
tried to save a dying sparrow this morning - i was taking out bird food at L's and a neighbor mentioned an i njured bird - i offered to take it over as i had a few hours free and she was about to dash off.... but by the time i had brought it home it had died, so there was no use phoning the wildlife rescue peeps up the hill.
I hope she gets in a few plot-trots and Indian tuckers.
not today thats for sure - indian is mondays, plot trots are rain-free, free-timed days that fall on fri/sat/sun/mons....
off to the first job in an hour....so rushing, almost.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's my Friday. :D
Cayla wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 pm
RJ, one family took him in for July, another for August, and then he will stay here in September.
This will be a Summer to remember for him.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 am
Wow, another Big Why?
Indeed. Half their shelves are empty already. I'll bet they don't even have the stuff that's on sale.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:47 am
tried to save a dying sparrow this morning - i was taking out bird food at L's and a neighbor mentioned an i njured bird - i offered to take it over as i had a few hours free and she was about to dash off.... but by the time i had brought it home it had died, so there was no use phoning the wildlife rescue peeps up the hill.
That's too bad. I wonder how it got hurt. :( (11 days to go.)

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Kelly and I were supposed to go to the water park again, but the weather is too foreboding. We will go Saturday, when it is hot, humid, and crowded. I'll clean the house this morning, and then take it easy this afternoon. I have the final book club meeting this evening.

A case worker is coming out to inspect my basement for Lisa. This is stupid, as she has to be out by Saturday, and the case worker knows it. The place is a mess, anyhow. I'm glad I'm home now, because I plan to put in my two cents about how Lisa is as a mother.

RJ, yes it will be a summer to remember for him. He has been to the beach, several restaurants (Cleveland has a ton of ethnic and specialty restaurants), Cedar Point, an Indians game, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Amish country, the Ohio State Fair, the winery in Vermillion, the Islands near Sandusky, the Slovak Club's annual picnic...just to name a few. He has also explored the Metroparks, as he loves hiking and biking. In his blog he wrote about being able to drive a Porsche for an afternoon, too. He has also done a lot of charity work for the Redeemer Crisis Center, the local food bank, and for inner city kids. Cleveland's major newspaper, interviewed him for an article. He says this country really is the Land of Opportunity.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, everyone :hello:

Today I'll go to the gym and then have lunch at Arby's with my buddy Mike. Tonight The Wife and I have part 3 of our dance formation lesson. There's a lot to learn and we've been practicing the routine every night.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:47 am
tried to save a dying sparrow this morning - i was taking out bird food at L's and a neighbor mentioned an i njured bird - i offered to take it over as i had a few hours free and she was about to dash off.... but by the time i had brought it home it had died
Awww. I wonder what happened to the poor thing :sad:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:32 am
It's my Friday. :D
Great! Except.... what does that make tomorrow? :conf:
Cayla wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 am
Kelly and I were supposed to go to the water park again, but the weather is too foreboding. We will go Saturday, when it is hot, humid, and crowded.
That's too bad. Lazy rivers are so much better when there are fewer people.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Have to do some shopping later today. Pick up chicken feed. Life staggers on.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Ahhh, my weekend is here. :feelinggood:
Cayla wrote:
RJ, yes it will be a summer to remember for him. He has been to the beach, several restaurants (Cleveland has a ton of ethnic and specialty restaurants), Cedar Point, an Indians game, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Amish country, the Ohio State Fair, the winery in Vermillion, the Islands near Sandusky, the Slovak Club's annual picnic...just to name a few. He has also explored the Metroparks, as he loves hiking and biking. In his blog he wrote about being able to drive a Porsche for an afternoon, too. He has also done a lot of charity work for the Redeemer Crisis Center, the local food bank, and for inner city kids. Cleveland's major newspaper, interviewed him for an article. He says this country really is the Land of Opportunity.
And Rock'n'Roll! :guitar: That's what's going to bring him back to stay. :D
scottydog wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:38 am
Great! Except.... what does that make tomorrow? :conf:
Offday.
Lupine wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm
Life staggers on.
When it's not falling on its face.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
yes it will be a summer to remember for him. He has been to the beach, several restaurants (Cleveland has a ton of ethnic and specialty restaurants), Cedar Point, an Indians game, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Amish country, the Ohio State Fair, the winery in Vermillion, the Islands near Sandusky, the Slovak Club's annual picnic...just to name a few.
It's really cool that Cleveland has so much going for it. Richmond's got an amazing variety of things to do, too.

Is America really still the land of opportunity? That seems like days gone by.
Lupine wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm
Pick up chicken feed.
How many chickens do you have and how do you keep them safe from predators?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:41 pm
Ahhh, my weekend is here. :feelinggood:
Awesome. How do you decide which stuff you'd like to get done?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Let's see. Will I go up to the Blue Hills, or just goof off all day? One thing I better do is turn in my bottle return slips at Big Y while they still exist.

Only 10 days to go till Maddie's friend returns.
scottydog wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 am
Is America really still the land of opportunity? That seems like days gone by.
Not to the millions of people who come here and the millions who try to come here and the millions who wish they could.
Awesome. How do you decide which stuff you'd like to get done?
This year I think I'll procrastinate in alphabetical order.